Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington
Ranked #14 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
FRANKENMUTH
“Go Blue!”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Very clean and fresh! Staff very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again. Started out at a hotel across the street. What a contrast. Close proximity to Cowboy stadium. The only complaint is that the hotel does only has an indoor pool.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TIM M
Alex L, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Hi! Thanks so much for your making the switch to our hotel, from our competitor across the street. We strive to make each guest happy with our hotel. We hope to see you next time Michigan is in town! Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Corsicana, Texas
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Let me get the bad over with. When I checked in the room and went into the bathroom, there was a cockroach on the wall next to shower which displeased me. I had already unpacked everything and didnt want to unpack so I told the front desk and went to my meeting and he said he would have it exterminated while I was out. I said I wont be able to handle that smell and he assured me it wouldnt. Upon my return it smelled like a heavy perfume scent and the carpet was wet but was better than Id expected. My concern was I didnt want to take any of those home with me and start them hatching in my house!

Also on my reservation I requested close to elevator but not close enough for noise to keep me awake at night. I had checked in at noon also. I was able to check in but the room was a long walk for me since I have a back injury and ankle injury. They offered me a double queen room but it was just me so I declined and got the king room but was far from the lobby but close to walk outside to my car. Front desk person was wrong stating it wasnt a long walk!

Now for the good. Rooms were clean, neat and pretty nice. Looks like a small apt. The small free dinner at night was pretty good. Salad, chicken and red beans n rice with cornbread. Tea, wine, beer or lemonade to drink. nothing sweet. 2nd night chicken again, soup, salad and cookies, cold shrimp, same drinks,

Full buffet breakfast was pretty good with variety of: eggs scrambled (not real), meat, toast, bagel, cereal, waffles, yogurt, I didnt see any fruit. The coffee was very good especially with the white chocolate creamer and nice to go cups to take with you in the morning.

I didnt try the hot tub or pool but went inside the area and it smelled heavy of chlorine.

they have a patio with table, chairs and grills.

Very close to rangers ballpark, cowboy stadium and six flags. Next door to humperdinks, good restaurant but kinda pricey.

I was on business and close to where I had to be each day. The only negative is if you are out at night and there is a game, it is hard to get back to hotel without driving a maze.

Overall, I would stay again...that is if I didnt bring any critters back home with me for an infestation!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We’re glad you appreciated the location as well as the cleanliness of the room. I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and we strive to provide our guests with a great experience. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will work to make sure the problem is addressed.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed there August 19-22 with our granddaughter and her friend. We had changed our reservations to Homewood because we had had such a nice experience with Homewood in Kansas City. Tried to check in around 5:15 pm but could not find a check in clerk. Finally located him. It is older than Kansas City property and did not have the same quality of food or service. It was not too bad overall. I would not stay there again however

Baytown, Texas
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Had a two-room suite. Brought my daughter and niece in celebration of my daughter's 16th birthday. Staff at front desk was very helpful and friendly. Room was clean, well-stocked. Needed to check out late and the front desk clerk was understanding and very gracious.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We are glad to hear that everything went as planned. We hope to see you again soon for another birthday trip. Thanks again!
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We booked 2 rooms for the Monday night Texas Ranger game. They were very clean and in good order. All the staff was very friendly. Garth at the front desk was very helpful. We would definitel stay here again and in other areas as well. The breakfast was a nice benefit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Everything you read by those who liked this hotel, I would agree with. Breakfast is ok, plenty to start your day with. Room was comfortable, bedrooms really spacious. Living area is little tight to navigate. Room was very clean (ok, other than the big wad of chewing gum stuck on the smoke detector in 424)
We are a non-smoking family. Booked a 2 bdr/2bth suite for a weekend. Placed on the 4th floor, the room was non-smoking (424) but the floor wasn't. The hallway was nearly constantly filled with smoke. Not sure what the point of a non-smoking room on a smoking foor would be. We had to walk thru (and it's a pretty good walk from lobby to 424) an entire floor FILLED with stale cigarette smoke to get to our room. OH WAIT - that's why the big wad of bubble gum was stuck on the smoke detector - LOL!

Front desk staff were friendly. Kudos to Neel.

Only two other issues - if you book with Hilton points and have to cancel any portion of your stay, this hotel only refunds 29k of the miles which have been removed from your Hilton acct. AND per Hilton, this hotel decides independently how many miles will be refunded to your Hilton acct should you have to remove a night from your reward stay. One night alone ran me over 47k but I only got 29k back because -hmmm I am not really sure why. The explanation by Hilton customer service is sorta "fuzzy". Just something to be aware of.

And finally, M-F, breakfast ends at 0900!! Don't even think about sleeping in.

Room Tip: If you are NOT a smoker, stay off the 4th floor.