“Walking distance to Six Flags and free trolley service to the stadiums!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington
Ranked #13 of 63 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights in January 2010. We had tickets to the Eagles vs. Cowboys game at Cowboys Stadium on January 3, 2010 and this hotel was quite convenient.

We arrived on the evening of January 1, 2010. We had been told that the hotel was serviced by the free Arlington Trolley and upon check-in we inquired about this. The desk clerk gave us two wristbands for the trolley. We were glad we got them early because later we found out that the hotel ran out of wristbands!

We used Hilton Honors points for our two-night stay so it didn't cost us anything to stay at this hotel.

The suite was nice and large. Upon entering there was a kitchen on the right and a sitting room with a TV straight ahead. The bedroom with king bed also had it's own TV. The room had a vanity area outside of the bathroom which was nice because it alleviated fighting over the bathroom!

We safely walked to Six Flags the first full day we were there which was nice because it saved us the (overpriced) parking fee. Six Flags is an average theme park, but at least we had discounted tickets. We stopped and ate at a restaurant for dinner that was on our walk back to the hotel.

The included breakfast at the hotel was adequate. The eating area was large and we never had a problem finding a table.

The free Arlington Trolley picked us up right in front of the hotel on game day and dropped us off a couple blocks from Cowboys Stadium. This was a valuable perk because parking near the stadium ranged from $40-$80! After the game the trolley picked us up at a designated location and dropped us off back at the hotel. We had already checked out so once we were dropped off we got in our car and were on our way! Very convenient.

If we were in the Arlington area again we would definitely stay at this property.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TVChick16
HWSArlington, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2011

Thank you for your comments! We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed April 8, 2011

Comfortable stay in a large room with comfortable furnishings. Good places to walk for exercise around the hotel. Three good restaurants to visit basically in the parking lot of the hotel. Next to Six Flags, Rangers stadium and Cowboys stadium. Also, bowling museum for bowling fans. Good to very good breakfast and dinner provided free. Dinner is Monday through Friday. Beer and wine included.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank sometrip
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Non-smoking room had obviously housed the Marlboro Man and his pals because the smoke smell was unbearable. Front desk came up with spray LOL and said we could move to other room nearby, but "someone had smoked in it also." Lesson learned - find completely smoke free hotel. Our AC went out at 6:00PM and the temp was 80 in the room and 90 outside. Windows only opened 4 inches and Humperdinks across the street had a really bad live band playing until 1:30AM. Did I mention that the fitted sheet would NOT stay on the mattress all night? The hotel was full, so we couldn't change rooms until noon the next day.
The staff was apologetic and gave us the night free. We moved to a lower floor the next day and had great AC and no smoke with a sheet that fit. Unfortunately, the cheap furniture was still the same and paint peeled from all the corners of the bedroom. Both mornings, the breakfast area was so hot that we ate and ran. I can't imagine that place in June!
The location is only a few minutes drive to the Ballpark and the Convention Center and accross the street from 6 Flags, but I've already booked Hilton Garden for our next stay in Arlington.

Room Tip: Avoid the 4th floor unless you are a smoker!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
HomewoodManagement27, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2011

I wanted to again apologize about the the quality of your room during your stay with us. We strive ourselves on offering great service and overall accommodations to our guest and unfortunately we dropped the ball during your stay.

Though you have already checked out, I wanted you to know that we do take your feedback to heart and we are going to make sure that this does not happen again to another guest.

I hope that if in the area again, you will give us another opportunity to WOW you!

Natasha Briscoe

Reviewed November 6, 2010

stayed here three days for the World Series. Spoke to a co worker who told me not to stay in Dallas as the traffic was bad. This place had the best rates about three weeks from the event. Late checkin after 11pm, but the desk person was very polite and confirmed my reservation via phone. Finally arrived and got a first floor king. The room was a suite type with full size fridge and microwave and all the cooking utensils. The bedroom looked ok, but was small with not much room between the dresser and bed. The closet mirror doors appeared to have been yanked around by some heavy handed guests more than one or two times. The bathroom was split as the sink was outside, toilet and shower in the bathroom itself. I thought these types of extended stay places did not offer housekeeping daily, but it does and re stocks everything. All the outside doors except for the lobby needed a card key to enter, so security was good. The landscaping person was seen two out of three days during my stay and the breakfast ladies work very hard to keep everything stocked for the guests. Only one morning, the breakfast area was full, most other times, hit and miss. Did not use the fitness center, but it looked to have newer type cardio machines. A supermarket was about a 5 min drive (if you did not get lost) and I realized to get to shopping centers, I did not have to get on the freeway, just drive on the big and wide streets. I walked to Rangers Stadium in the opposing team's bright orange and black colors and did not get yelled or jeered at (about a mile and ok walk if you are in ok shape). Did not do any sightseeing as the WS was what I came for. Sheraton is the closest hotel (you can see it when you walk to the stadium) and the was a no name motel next door, As I was walking, I met another fan who checked into that motel and he said it was clean and $50 a day less than the Homewood Suites.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank TravelingChumley
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I love staying at Hilton properties, but this one has been very disappointing. I will never stay at this property again. The first room I was given smelled heavily of cigarette smoke (and even had 2 ashtrays in this non-smok ing room), every single drawer in the room was pulled open, cushions were stacked on the couch and chair, and the ottoman was on the chair. (The entire hallway near that room smelled of smoke as well). I asked for another room. In the next room, the smoke alarm was beeping because it needed new batteries, and there was a spot of someone's drink on the coffee table. I was moved to another room. The third room has a dirty refrigerator, an ottoman with nasty oil stains and what looks like specs of frosting left on it (that could have easily been cleaned up), and the closet in the bedroom has a dripping sound coming from it (it appears that the air conditioner is in there). I didn't want to change rooms yet again, so I am putting up with this. Also, I went to the exercise room (which was OK) then was going to hop in the pool, but the door to the pool and hot tub has a sign that the entire facility is out of order.
The hallways were dirty as well and looked like they hadn't been vacuumed in weeks.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
hwsarl, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2010

Thank you so much for your feedback! I will be reaching out to you to follow up on the issues you had during your stay.

Diana Ionita

Reviewed July 1, 2010

Just spent the last two nights here. Family of five, so the fold out couch was nice. It was a quiet hotel and close to Six Flags. We were able to walk with our 8 and 11 year olds about 1/2 a mile to Six Flags and back, which saved us $15 in parking. Trolly system was available, but ran about an hour apart and schedule was not easy to figure out.

Hotel staff gave you a 30 minute window of when it might be there and did not offer much in a way of explanation of how the service worked, so we just decided to take the 10 minute hike to the park.

Breakfast was good, consisted of eggs both mornings. One day canadian bacon and the other day regualr bacon. Bagels, toast, cereal and waffles. Coffee, milk and juice. Dinner meals were good, but did not offer any sort of a variety. If the menu says dumplings, corn and biscuits, then that is all that will be served and nothing more. Punch, tea and water to drink, no sodas. Wine and beer also.

I tried to call the day before and ask what the menu was for the light evening meal that was being served, but the front desk told us it was impossible for them to know. Amazingly, we found the entire month's menu on the refrigerator in our room once we got there. Not sure why they were unwilling to give us that information over the phone. It is not like we would of asked them to change it.

Pool and pool area was very clean, but pool was smaller than expected. Rooms, lobby, business center and eating area also very clean. The only thing that could of been cleaner was the inside elevator doors, lots of smudges from younger kids.

All in all, we would stay here again, if going to Six Flags.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2010

First off, with the positve. Three positive things. The location is about 3 blocks away from Six Flags. The staff is fairly friendly. The breakfast is not bad and the girl who cooked worked very hard. Now with everything else......I will NOT ever stay here again. When we first pulled up, my son said, "Mom, this looks like a Rest Home." We went to our room and when I walked into the restroom and looked up, there was mold all over the ceiling. We went back to the desk and they "acted" surprised, but I do not know how they would not know of that. We went to another room. All of they rooms we went in smelled weird. I had to spray it down. Next, although the room was "no-smoking," we discovered that cigarette smoke was coming into the room through the vent in the bathroom so we had to keep the vent running and the bathroom door shut. The next day, we went to Six Flags all day. Once we returned to the hotel, at 11 p.m., we were exhausted and ready to crash, but our room key would not work. So I had to walk all the way around to the front desk for our key to be reactivated. Once someone came to help me, another lady came around and jokingly said, "we will for 5 dollars!" I just wasn't in the mood for jokes. The next morning, we were hoping to sleep in, but around 6 a.m. this loud noise woke us up! My husband jumped out of bed, grabbed the alarm clock and tried to shut it off, but it wasn't the alarm clock. It was the fire alarm! I could not believe it. I called the front desk to ask what was going on and they told us to immediately get outside. It didn't shut off for 30 minutes! Come to find out some kids were playing around. We checked out that morning and checked in to the LaQuinta a few blocks away-I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE LAQUINTA INN & SUITES INSTEAD!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family