“New owners. Same great food.”
Review of India Grill

India Grill
Ranked #33 of 808 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Under New Management since July 2013
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten at this place probably around 25 times. I prefer the buffet as it is the best value and you get many items to sample from. Their buffet is all day Sunday. The 3 best items are; lamb patties, mixed stewed veggies, and veggie fritters. I come here to really chow down. There are new owners, and the young guy who hosts is awesome. He really makes you feel at home and has given me free chai samples numerous times.

There are newer reviews for India Grill

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Visit the India grill! Enjoyed the atmosphere, service and food! The service was exceptionally excellent especially with our 3 year old who we are training for reasturant patronage. Thank you India Grill! We enjoyed you :-)

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The food is pricey and there are far better places in Arlington to get Indian food. The staff was standoffish when I went and the entrees were nothing special. Never have gone back. Once was enough.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I usually go to India Grill twice a month and it has rarely disappointed.

I generally tend to enjoy ordering off their menu, as opposed to going for their lunch buffet, as their buffet can be hit or miss at times. Even still, if you are wanting to try a few of their plates, I have always found their buffet to have a very large selection of items, so that you will usually always find something you enjoy. I have found, however, that if you go during buffet hours, you are still able to order off their regular menu if you so choose.

As for their menu, it has everything from lamb dishes, chicken dishes, beef dishes, vegetarian dishes, curries, soups, naan breads, etc., etc. My favorites have been the Lamb Vindaloo, Chana Masala, Chili Chicken, Gobi Paratha (bread) and Beef Punjabi. Their Mulligatawny soup is also very delicious and I'd also recommend their Seekh Kebab. They also have a decent wine and beer list for those interested.

As far as everything else goes; you won't be wowed by the atmosphere, however it is both comfortable and clean. The service is quick, though sometimes you need to provide eye contact or say something to catch the attention of your server. The manager is also very hands on and always on point to make sure you enjoy your meal. The price for most entrees is around $10, appetizers are around $7 and breads around $2.

If you enjoy spicy foods, I would recommend this restaurant to you (they can prepare the dishes less spicy as well). I would also tell those that haven't tried Indian food, to give it a shot, as the menu varies from adventurous dishes to those that are a little more "Western".

1  Thank stipe1280
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I love the food at India grill! There is something for everyone here. The Tandoori Chicken is delicious as is the spinach paneer. My favorite, either on the buffet or from the menu is the Saag. it is creamy and delicious. At dinner, you can ask for more or less spice to your taste. Try the samosas, and be sure to order naan ( flatbread). The butter chicken here is better when ordered than from the buffet, but the buffet chicken is still very good. Your server will help you, if you are not familiar with Indian cuisine. Do not let your unfamiliarity keep you from this wonderful food. The atmosphere is very nice. We always feel we have had a special evening when we've come hear. There are some nice walks outside you can take after dinner as well.

Been to India Grill? Share your experiences!