“Best Indian food in Arlington Area” 4 of 5 bubbles

India Grill
Ranked #27 of 792 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Under New Management since July 2013
Arlington, Texas
“Best Indian food in Arlington Area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

I love the food at India grill! There is something for everyone here. The Tandoori Chicken is delicious as is the spinach paneer. My favorite, either on the buffet or from the menu is the Saag. it is creamy and delicious. At dinner, you can ask for more or less spice to your taste. Try the samosas, and be sure to order naan ( flatbread). The butter chicken here is better when ordered than from the buffet, but the buffet chicken is still very good. Your server will help you, if you are not familiar with Indian cuisine. Do not let your unfamiliarity keep you from this wonderful food. The atmosphere is very nice. We always feel we have had a special evening when we've come hear. There are some nice walks outside you can take after dinner as well.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Great food, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have been to India Grill several times and have always had a great experience. I have not been for the lunch buffet, just dinner service, so I cannot speak to the quality of the buffet. However, dinner is outstanding! The spinach paneer is perfectly spiced and my favorite thing to order, but everything I've had has been delightful. I do find it better to go a little later in the evening, as it gets a little busy and the staff a little overwhelmed at the prime dinner hour.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Texas
“North Indian Buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

I do go there once a month for lunch buffet. every dish is prepared fresh( mutton/chicken curry)
veggies / samosas/ tandoori chicken etc. it is a small buffet but tasty.
it taste so good that after third serving I just cannot eat anymore. The owner is friendly & is
always ready to serve.
the price for buffet is below $10.

• Visited March 2012
Arlington, Texas
“AVERAGE AT BEST, TERRIBLE IF YOU GO VEGGIES”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

I waited until my 3rd visit to write a review to give it a fair chance and probably won't visit again. My wife gave up after two visits, so while she was out of town, I thought I would give their lunch buffet one more try. The meat dishes are decent, especially the chicken marsala. The reata - yougurt sauce was also fine, but the Veggie dishes were not worthy of eating. Trying to hide poor quality veggies is average sauce never works. The samosa was soggy as was the fried pakora, tasted like they have been setting out for hours, or yesteray? Anyway for Indian food in Arlington, go to Tandoor in North Arlington. The best in DFW, go Mayuri in Irving, recommended to me by some south Indain clients of mine. They have by far the largest buffet I have seen for Indian food.

• Visited January 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank joedvet
Texas
“Great lunch buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

Indian food has been my favorite food for many years, and I'm glad that I found the India Grill. The lunch buffet was well stocked, and everything was wonderful, especially the naan! It is surrounded by very large restaurants, which may make it hard to find. It is worth the trip!

• Visited August 2011