“Horrible and inconsiderate New GM!!!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Luby's Restaurant Arlington #03
Ranked #580 of 827 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American
Description: One of the Luby's Cafeterias located throughout the US.
Description: One of the Luby's Cafeterias located throughout the US.
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family and I always visit this location, but of our recent visits turned out to be the WORST EVER experienced!!!! I ordered the Balckened Tilapia which was cold and had been sitting out for awhile! My husband ordered the the liver and onionS and along it came a BIG LONG BLACK HAIR!!! we informed our non-English speaking waitress about it and it took forever to make her understand we need the Manager to our table..I don't know if she ever informed the Manager, but she never came out. 20 Minutes later I told another waiter, which he was pretty concered and went to get the Manager, as he was walking to the back the manager comes out looks over at our table and walks back in and nvr came back out!!!! I was informed of her name Alex or something like that..we got up to leave and NEVER will I go back to this restraunt AGAIN!!! THANKS TO THIS NEW SO-CALLED GM whom she needs to be taught a thing or two about customer SERVICE!!!

1  Thank Jessica G

Reviewed March 22, 2012

We used to be frequent diners at their former location further north on Cooper St. Since they moved this was my first visit and it was sorely disappointing. A large sign greeted us with an apology that remodeling is being done. We were there right after the lunch hour on a weekday and saw not one construction worker or any work being done at that time. There was no signage to advise diners of the specials of the day or the Luann platter, like they used to. Because of remodeling???? Don't think so. Because of my diet I needed fresh food, which I thought would be available there. It was not. I was looking forward to fish and broccoli, hubby wanted and received liver and onions, his favorite. It looked overcooked to me but he was hungry and said it was allright. The fish was unidentifiable and when asked they could not answer the type. Finally a guy said it was pollock. Looked like it had been sitting out awhile. As far as fresh veggies are concerned, there were none. NONE! They used to serve fresh steamed broccoli and a few other choices but not any more. All veggies appear to be from cans. I was forced to order the green beans, as I needed something green and did not want a salad. Salads do appear to be fresh, but not sure since neither of us ordered one. The only broccoli I could have had was in a cheese caserole, laden with cheese, butter and who knows what other fattening items. I can stay at home and open my own can of green beans or another veggie for the price. No longer is the coffee at the end of the line, you have to ask the cashier for it, and she/he may be busy ringing up the tickets so one has to wait. Formerly it was self-serve. Not sure if these changes are due to the remodeling or what, but for me, the food was far less than average and absolutely not worth the price. I can make better food at home or can certainly open my own cans of fish and veggies and save quite a bit of $$$$. Will I return? NO! Hubby might for the liver, not sure. Even the slice of pie he selected looked far overcooked, dark brown on top, dry. Don't know what's happened to these folks but everything has changed, and not in a good way. I will not return.

1  Thank IdaMaeSlade
Reviewed February 22, 2012

This is an older building but you couldn't tell it from their awesome food selection! Great food and the staff is always on the ball.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

Let's see, just about everything I could of think of went wrong. I ordered for a large group ahead of time. I ended up with the wrong order, had no choice but to take what I had as people were waiting for it and on my way back to the business driving really slowly, the gravy still managed to spill all over so I ended up with no gravy. And on top of that, the food was really cold, the pumpkin pie was near frozen.

So, if you ever need a lunch ordered/catered, this place is not right for it because: a. they won't deliver; b. no utensils are included unless you buy separately; c. the containers don't hold the food no matter what you do. Try eating in or order from a place that will deliver your food hot and fresh.

All in all, it was the messiest thing I've ever done and not to mention very embarrassing.

1  Thank Helen T
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I ate at this Luby's last week and the food was an overall 7 but the service was a 3. As I waited in the buffet line, I had to wait several minutes to be served. There were atleast 6 ladies behind the buffet line, but none felt the need to serve me or my family. I could of used better customer service!!!!!

1  Thank Brandon B