Blue Cypress Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rodeway Inn(Arlington)
View Hotel
All reviewsindoor poolfront desksix flagsjacuzzi suitewafflesshuttle servicedallas cowboys gamecontinental breakfasta great stayflat screenbusiness centerhouse keepingbooked this hotelarlington areaupon checkdefinitely stay here againball game
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 9, 2011

Stayed at the Blue Cypress during Super Bowl WE. Despite the unfortunate outcome of the game itself, this hotel was a great find.

The location is both a positive & negative. The main Arlington attractions are not very far away, but you cannot walk to them (unless you are willing to hop a fence, cross train tracks & run across a major highway). So I'd recommend renting a car if staying here.

The remodeled rooms were certainly nice enough. I wouldn't say 'spotless', as for example, the carpets could probably use a deep clean. The fitness center is under renovation, but has an impressive array of equipment. Their 2 computers were invaluable for uses like printing boarding passes, etc.

What really made this hotel stand out though, was the service. Just to give an idea of the type of service we received: During Super Bowl WE, cabs were at a premium. We had some ideas on things to do, but every cab in TX was taken. No matter, the hotel Manager says to hop in her car, and then she just drove us to our destination herself. Ahab did the same later (along with cooking breakfast, running check-in, acting as concierge, etc etc etc). They bent over backwards on numerous occasions, and what a difference it made. I wouldn't hesitate in staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
hshall, Manager at Blue Cypress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2011

Thanks for the review. We take pride in taking care of our guests and glad to hear that we could make your stay comfortable. We truly appreciate your business. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 8, 2011

My husband and i stayed at the hotel this past weekend during our trip to the Superbowl. The hotel looks amazing and was exceptionally clean. We booked the hotel thru priceline and everything was perfect upon check in. Our room was actually one of the newly renovated rooms and we were the first to stay in it since the renovations had been completed. They provided shuttle service to the Stadium and service back. However, my husband and I had a hard time finding where the shuttle was picking us up (thru fault of our own). My husband called the hotel and the OWNER Abdul (Alex) came himself and picked us up. He left his house and wife and came to pick us up on one of the craziest nights in the freezing rain! If that isnt top notch customer service, then I dont know what is. My husband owns his owns business and often times goes out of his way for customers and it was so refreshing to see others do the same. I would definately recommend this hotel to others. TOP NOTCH ALL THE WAY. Thank you again to Abdul for your kindess, I know we were a needle in a haystack that night:)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
hshall, Owner at Blue Cypress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2011

Thanks for the kind note. It is our # 1 priority to make our guests comfortable. That is what is hospitality all about. Glad we could make a difference. We really appreciate your business. Come back and see us when in town.

Reviewed December 14, 2010

I booked a hotel room at a Prestigious hotel chain, just to find out that upon my arrival I did not have a room. I was told that I had been relocated to the Blue Cypress which I did not know what kind of hotel I would end up at. Much to my surprise when I arrived I was welcomed with a warm and friendly smile. Hotel host had my room ready with bottled water and snacks. I was asked if I needed anything that thye were just a phone call away. I felt at home and safe. Hotel shuttle even dropped us off and picked us up at the Cowboy Stadium. I will defintley will return to this hotel and will forget about the big chain hotels. Aurora Martinez, Philadelphia,PA

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends

Thanks for the review. We know what it takes to make our guests comfortable. We are glad you stayed with us. Come back and see us when in Arlington.

Reviewed November 13, 2010

All I can say about this property is that, once the renovation is complete; this will be the hotel to stay at. The staff members were phenomenal and catered to my every need. Although there is construction right in front of the hotel that makes it harder to get to where I need to be, I can overlook that. I see great things happening with this property and I am looking to book a family reunion at this hotel in the near future with Beatrice, who sold me on this property. Thanks to Victor for the restaurant recommendations...

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
hshall, Manager at Blue Cypress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2010

Thanks for the kind comments and your generosity in overlooking the renovation. We appreciate your trust in our work. We need support from guests like you whose co-operation will help us achieve our goal, which is a to provide a pleasant and comfortable stay for all our future guests.

Reviewed November 9, 2010

I stayed at Blue Cypress hotel in arlington when I visited there. The hotel is under renovation but the work has been coordinated properly and i had a great stay. I had newly renovated room and new carpet and all the stuff appeared to be new. All in all the hotel was good for the money i paid for.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo