“Wonderful Family Reunion”

Ranked #14 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Wonderful Family Reunion”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My stay at this hotel was wonderful, everybody was so nice and the rooms were excellent. Not to mention the cleanness of the hotel lobby and the swimming pools. My family and I had a wonderful stay. .

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and it was very quiet and peaceful
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I had a very great experience in this hotel. Very family friendly and great service for the rest of my family that also booked this hotel for a family reunion. Very friendly and of great help at every request (I.e. towels, pillows, lost room key, etc.) Room service kept our room clean with vacuuming, made beds, fresh towels, new soap and shampoo every day. Everything was great and loved the new remodeling. The club and restaurant were awesome. Great vibe and music with good food. Hoping to stay here soon to come visit family again. Couldn't ask for more!

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We found this place from Kayak.com. We didn't need to reserve from there because the rooms are affordable. When I arrived, my husband had gotten the first floor and I asked the lobbyist if we could change it to a higher floor and he did. well I love this view and the floor of the hotel is right next to the train tracks you don't hear the train. it doesn't go woot wooot and you barely even hear it. Dillard's is right next to the hotel. as you know, from my view I can see Six Flags Superman I can see a roller coasters I can see the Rangers Ballpark and I look very very very far and see the Dallas Cowboys arena. there are very close places to eat. I got a double bed room. I try to watch TV but some channels will not show. house keeping was very kind. If your nice to her she'll be very good to you. my bathroom was clean my sheets were changed I got a new bag I got extra toilet paper when I asked for it. everything was very easily accessible. I suggest putting your bags and clothes into the closet just in case somebody else walks in and doesn't have to see all the mess. you get a packet of makeup remover wipes pic, and you also get shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. you also get facial soap and body soap. you might have to use the body to wash your hands because there is no hand soap or you might have to bring your own actually. there is a vending machine downstairs I have your advil and aspirin and toothpaste shaving kit and what not. there is a gift shop where you can get your glasses for $10 pretty cheap. the lobby is very very beautiful and there are two circles of seats or you can just sit and watch TV. right next to that is the breakfast where it ends at 9 a.m. I suggest you go at 6:30 or 7 a.m. not at 8 a.m., because that is when everyone shows up and you don't get a chance to eat Texas shaped waffles. um the workout in indoor pool rooms are down the stairs if you keep going past the breakfast area and the indoor pool is great if you bring your own floaties because they do not have any to rent you out or loan and the outdoor pool is heated as well but after awhile you need to keep your key to go inside with the room key because it won't open without one. some people mess with the elevator before you get on it and you will think you got off but its not your floor do you have to be careful. if you do plan on having intimate sessions I suggest you do it in a room that has no neighbors next to you because there have been three people complaining about another room that has been heard. and also the rooms do look like what they are pictured on the website and here I sent some photos of the rooms I stayed in and around the place in these are true pics so I don't want anybody to be calling me out saying that this is a fake review. you can also order from dominos which is advertised right on your room key. this place is great I recommend it, it is right next to Six Flags well not that close but it is a few blocks away and it is worth it if you're one of those cheap people like me. also they are pet friendly and child friendly lol. I have stayed at other places and nothing compared to this. Also they do have security so you are safe. There are no outside doors to be knocked on to rob people.

San Antonio
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Hotel needs updating, decor stuck in the 80's. The Bar cabinet my room which was the most expensive suite had the door falling off. Bed very hard, fixtures in bath broken off and falling off. No luggage stands for suitcases. Breakfast poor quality.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

To begin with I wish I could get in touch with their photographer that did the pics for the hotel. If I had him take some pics of myself I could win the Mr Universe contest! They did not at all represent this hotel in the actual sense it is.

Wow...where do I begin? Well, after staying there I went back and looked at the reviews of this place and found it ironic that almost all of the top ratings and reviews had been subimitted mostly from people with just one or two reviews and newly joined...were of this place! Uuhhhhhh right!

The pics of this place lead me to believe that it was a hip boutique hotel...well its not! At all! It looks nothing like the pics...in fact it looks exactly like an old Hampton Inn with a different name. Check out the pictures we took...you will see torn carpet, holes in the walls and ceilings, direction signs missing letters, ripped down Exit signs peeling pain on the shower stalls, peeling wallpaper in the room etc. The "festive" carpets in the hallways do not it a nice hotel.

After we arrived we went to look at the pool...after we saw it we were not about to get in. I also noticed that the bathrooms adjecent to the pool were padlocked shut...that made me even more afraid of getting into the pool!

The hotel isnt in the best neighborhood and there are not any restaurants that are very close either. The element that was staying at the hotel, at least when we were there, was to me a little on the shady side so we decided not to go to the bar or restaurant on the premises.

We left the hotel to look for a nice restaurant...we ended up driving several miles away before we found one that looked clean and safe. We grabbed some Mexican food and went back to the hotel. Later that evening when we tried to reheat some left overs in the provided microwave oven we found out that it did not work.

The rooms do not have central ac just those hotel style window units. The one we had cooled very well but it was so load it was hard to sleep. It didnt really matter much because of the train horns outside and the rock hard bed.

Early the next morning after only one night and not sleeping well we decided to leave and find another hotel that was nicer...we went into Dallas and found a great place Downtown to spend the rest of our trip.

They do serve a continental breakfast which was ok but they do take it up quite early...like 9am or before. Which is fine because one night there was plenty and we were ready to go.

Also staff at the desk checking in was nice but did absoultly nothing to help with the poor quality of our room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Montecore1
Plano, Texas
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our stay at the Blue Cypress was a fabulous experience. The hotel manager and staff treated us with courtesy and respect throughout our entire visit. The Executive King Suite with Spa is a contemporary spacious suite. It is equipped with everything needed to provide comfort in a relaxing environment including more than enough towels and pillows. We were impressed by the cleanliness of the suite and functionality of all fixtures and appliances including the in-room spa. We were surprised to find out that the hotel features both an indoor lap pool and an outdoor fun pool. The gym is filled with standard workout equipment as well as free weights. We definitely will stay at the Blue Cypress during our visits to Arlington.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I have stayed a few times and have no complaints.
We enjoy the full gym and I mean weight training equipment not a treadmill and one elliptical! The breakfast is delicious and the staff is wonderful! I love the beautiful renovations very tasteful! We are on our way to six flags and by the way the last time we stayed you could see six flags from our room,anyways we will be staying again! For the value of this hotel nobody should be complaining about anything!
Angelina