“Great stay!”

Ranked #15 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
San Antonio, Texas
“Great stay!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I'm always so worried about choosing a hotel to stay at but since they recently renovated their rooms I thought we'd give it a try. Staff is very friendly when you come in, no matter what time day/night. They were very helpful in letting us know our options for late check outs and whatnot. The location was great, super close to attractions and restaurants. It's also close to other towns, like Grand Prairie, which is why we made the trip for a concert. The room was gorgeous, clean, and bed was nice and comfy. They have a pretty big gym if you are interested in working out during your trip. There is also an indoor pool, which I would say was the only let down.

Room Tip: I would recommend to choose a recently renovated room. Right now not all rooms have been redone but...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rebecca-Lynn B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Arlington, Texas, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I don't get date night often so on a whim we decided to last minute book. Actually since we live in Arlington we just drove up to see if they had availablity. Even though it was the Taylor Swift concert the hotel was booked but they thankfully had a room left. We honeslty thought the Hotel was not going to be the greatest. Boy were we wrong! The Hotel is stunning. The lobby is nicely decorated, huge check in counter. Everyone was so friendly. Our room was on the 6th floor. The elevators and elevator lobbies were so nice, with modern decor. Our room was fantastic! So big. We had a King Size bed and a full chaise lounge, along with a desk. The modern decor was so nice and sleek. The best thing I thought about the room was the hidden fridge. It was underneath the TV, shut away in the armoire. I hate when you go to hotels and the fridge just sits out in the open. Now my husband's favorite thing was the bed and the pillows. He loved them so much I had to look to see what kind of pillows they were so I can order him some. They were Comforel pillows by the way. Everything was so clean. You could walk around with out your shoes on.The bathroom was spotless! Another plus for me was the makeup remover towlette pack they leave in the bathroom. Those little extra touches are really great! I would totally recommend staying here, I really wish it had been longer. Even though it was only one night it honestly felt like we had a mini vacation out of town. The people were so friendly even apon check out. By the way they also have a night club/restrauant/bar that we did not get to check out because it was dress to impress and we were wearing jeans but we saw several people going in and they looked like they were having a blast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Upon arriving at the Blue Cypress Hotel your greeted by beautiful cypress trees and plenty of parking even for semi trucks. Once entering the lobby I was greatest with a smile and a very pleasant staff. We were checked in promptly and with ease. The lobby is covered with marble and the scent of citrus in the air. The pictures did no justice it was beyond what I could have expected.

Once in the room it was very fresh and inviting. Nice and cool : ). Beautiful colors, flat screen TV, free wifi, microwave and mini fridge. Only thing missing was a note pad and pen. But with technology I guess we really didn't need it.

After settling into the room we ventured back down to the lobby and headed to Zuri. Kind of reminds me of Vegas... Restaurant, Lounge and Pool. Sheek but reasonably priced.

If your looking for something boutique and not the same ole corporate looking blah hotel.. I would highly recommend this cut above the rest! Thank you for the top notch service and comfy beds!!

• Stayed May 2013
Denton
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Every year over Mother’s Day weekend, I attend the annual homeschool bookfair held at the Arlington Convention Center. I live fairly close to Arlington, yet book a hotel (usually Thursday through Saturday, but this year was through Sunday), so all I have to concentrate on is getting me rejuvenated for the upcoming “school year” with my kids. Rather than booking one via the conventions website, I researched online and found myself calling the Blue Cypress Hotel. The person I spoke with on the line was seriously the nicest hotel customer service rep I’d ever spoken with and I was sold! A few weeks ago, I called to confirm my reservation, and after speaking with the extremely friendly person, I asked if his name was “Ahab” because I’d written on my notes “awesome helper on phone”. It was, indeed, him. When I checked in Thursday afternoon, the lady working the front desk was also very friendly, and after I got to my room, she called to see if the room was satisfactory! Oh my! Even if this is policy, I felt as though she really cared! Friday morning as I was heading out for the convention, the front desk rep asked how my evening was. He, too, seemed to genuinely care. It was after a few minutes of chit-chat that I asked if his name was Ahab, and he asked if I was from "name of city deleted"!!! I couldn’t believe he remembered me knowing how many people he’s spoken with since the last time we talked a few weeks ago!

I cannot even tell you how much this weekend means to me ~~~ listening to motivational speakers about homeschooling, speaking with the vendors about their products that I’ve spent hours researching, running into dozens of friends, being surrounded by 5000+ people who have at least one thing in common with me (homeschooling) and ultimately buying the curriculum. Then to have this topped off by the ultimate friendliness endured by all the staff (from the ladies vacuuming & men mopping to the breakfast crew & the front desk reps), this was, by far, one of my best convention experiences ever … and I’ve been attending it since 2005!

Thank you to all at the Blue Cypress Hotel!

Room Tip: I did not use the spa, pool, or exercise room .... but I could see them, and they were large!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Our stay at the Blue Cypress was vey nice. The people are very accommodating. Most importantly, my wife lost a very expensive piece of jewelry while we were there. The shuttle driver found it on the shuttle and turned it in. He could have very easily keep it, but choose not to. There are still good people left it the world. Thank you so much for your honesty!

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The hotel was very peaceful with nice service especially. Breakfast was nice. Rooms were spacious and clean. Easy access to the freeway. We were visiting from California and had a really good time staying at Blue Cypress Hotel. It is the best hotel in the neighborhood.

• Stayed April 2013
Otsego
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Excellent hotel, very comfortable bed, staff is great very friendly, we will stay at this hotel again....reasonable rates, and great breakfast only 15 minutes from the DFW airport, we did not use the room service

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
hshall, Manager at Blue Cypress Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thanks for the kind note and thanks for staying with us. We really appreciate it.