“Worst Experience”

Ranked #15 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
San Francisco, California
“Worst Experience”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We held our wedding reception here and it was the worst experience to deal with the management here. The event manager never prompted us to make the final payment until a few days before the event (when all my other vendors had reached out to me as they should) and I got a voicemail from the management saying our wedding was off if we didn't make a payment by 5pm that day. Um, thanks for the advance notice and pleasantries. Their sales manager was so hard to reach and didn't respond for days. I had to draw my own floor plan to give to them because she never reached out to me with her own like she said she would. She sent me the wrong dimensions of the stage and I had to go there myself to measure it because she was so incompetent. She never even apologized for her own mistake. On the day of the event, the management was so rude to my vendors setting up the hall that my vendors vowed to blacklist the venue and warn all their clients against it. It was a poor experience from start to finish - the only time the management was receptive was when I was signing the contract and making a deposit in the beginning. Horribly unpleasant and rude management aside from Hamida. Out of all my vendors, this was the most frustrating and distasteful one to deal with. Please don't waste your time considering this place as potential venue. Not worth the stress.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
hshall, General Manager at Blue Cypress Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
I am sorry, you felt this way as we have atleast 20 events a month and we always get the positive feed back. With regard to the event mentioned we have guidelines for payments which is written on the contract. We don't like to pursue on payments.
The decorators you called for the party were very unprofessional, they brought small kids to help them which was unaccepable to our management as they could get hurt. They came unprepared. As we always advice to set up a meeting with the outside decorators before the event, but your decorators did not want to attend that meeting so we can discuss any issues and plans before the event. We understand your frustration since you had to do their job of getting into the details of the decoration.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Columbus, Mississippi
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Everything about our stay at the Blue Cypress was just great. From the excellent service at the front desk, to the wonderfully renovated family suite, we simply could not have asked for a better stay.
We were in town for the week from Mississippi. After driving 600 miles and having a mix up with a hotel that we had made reservations with 6 months prior, we found the Blue Cypress.
I could not have been happier. The suite that we stayed in was perfect for my family. My children loved having their own room with bunk beds!
The staff was always smiling and ready to help any way they could. Several times they made coffee for me even when the dining area was closed : )
If we go back to the Arlington area, I will definitely be making a reservation with the Blue Cypress. A big "Thank You" to all of the staff!!

Room Tip: The "Family Suite" is perfect if your traveling with children. Two TVs and bunk beds!
1 Thank KimberlyCook
hshall, Manager at Blue Cypress Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thanks for taking time to post this review. We are gald we met your expectations. Please come back and see us when back in Arlington. You will receive the same service and hospitality by our staff.
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

My family came to Arlington from corpus Christi for a Rangers game overall this hotel was a great experience! The service was great, clean rooms, great location! I would stay here again! The only thing I would complain about is that the restroom is extremely small!

• Stayed August 2012
Thanks for the kind note on behalf of all our staff and management. We appreciate it!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I stayed with my wife and infant for 3 nights in July during the middle of the week and we had a great experience. The front lobby is very nice and fancy and we were treated well by the staff without having to wait more than 5 minutes to get to our room. The room had all the things you need including coffee, refrigerator, microwave, and flat screen. Nice big comfortable bed which was changed fresh every day. Nice lounge chair. Great activity/workout amenities that can keep you satisfied spending the day on the premises. Good breakfast in the morning.

I normally don't pick a hotel with a name I don't recognize, but the location was perfect (just outside the entertainment district) for my business in Arlington, and I'm glad we stayed here. If I come back to Arlington, we'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: the lobby is on the second floor of the hotel, so if you get a second floor room, you won't nece...
hshall, Manager at Blue Cypress Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thanks for taking time to post this review. We really appreciate it.
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My wife and I, along with another couple, booked rooms at the Blue Cypress several months before our visit based on solid reviews and the hotel's location in relation to the attractions we planned on visiting in the Arlington area. Its not the hotel's fault in any way, but it is worth noting that the single road providing access to the hotel is under construction for the foreseeable future and, considering its one-way (get comfortable with u-turns), that makes getting in and out of the parking lot a bit challenging depending on how heavy the traffic is.

Things got off to a rocky start when no one could find the reservation we made on the hotel's own website. The staff was very friendly and assured us there would be no problem. Although it took a few minutes, they eventually put us in a couple of rooms next to each other on the sixth floor. So it actually worked out very well; its just worrisome that we'd already payed for the room and they didn't seem to have any record of that.

The rooms themselves were what we had expected: King size bed, microwave, mini-fridge, desk and chair. The mattress on the bed was -very- firm. My wife and I actually prefer a firm mattress so this was fine with us, but your mileage may vary.

Now for the things about the room we weren't thrilled with. Rather than a easy chair or sofa our room had a chaise lounge. Since we were on our trip with another couple, we ended up hanging out in each other's rooms often and frankly the chaise lounge, while comfortable ended up being pretty useless. For our purposes, a sofa would have been much more useful.

Next up is the bathroom which is just a bit too small to be comfortable. You can't even stand in the room and shut the door without stepping to one side of the toilet to make room. Forget two people trying to get ready simultaneously. Its a small matter (ha ha) but it just complicates everything from taking a shower to brushing your teeth.

The channel selection on the tv is horrible. HBO and seven sports channels do not constitute a well-rounded lineup. We ended up trying to watch shows on Netflix with the iPad. I say "trying" because the freebie WIFI signal is so weak on the sixth floor that we could only connect to the network, but couldn't actually download any content from the web. It works fine in the lobby, but no dice in our room. No ethernet jacks either, so no WIFI means no internet at all.

I can't speak for anyone else, but when I'm on vacation there's a handful of things I'd like to be able to do in the hotel room: sleep, shower, watch tv, surf the web, and maybe hang out with friends. Due to the items I've discussed here, the only one of these things I was able to do, unencumbered, was sleep.

They have waffles in the shape of Texas, an extremely nice weight-machine/exercise room, and a large pool. The staff is friendly and courteous. The hotel is located very conveniently to Six Flags and both the football and baseball stadiums. If the none of the items I've mentioned apply to you, its good value for the money. However, I don't plan to stay here again; the Blue Cypress simply does not accomodate the hotel experience I'm looking for.

Room Tip: Elevators are slow so a room on a lower floor would allow for quicker access via the stairwell and a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank VikingBrent
Sorry we could not meet your expectations as we did for many of our other guests. Some of the issues you mentioned could have been easily taken care of if you have voiced them during your stay, Unfortunately the compains never reached the management to be solved in time.
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I recently stayed at the Blue Cypress for 4 nights and couldn't have been happier. The staff that worked the front desk went above and beyond. I had to make changes to my reservation several times, and they happily accommodated me each time. Also, one evening, after leaving the hotel to go out for the evening, I realized I had turned the air conditioning off in my room and I was worried the room would be uncomfortably hot when I returned that night. I called the front desk, and Hamida (who I believe owns the hotel) volunteered to go up to my room and turn it on for me. The rooms were spacious and impeccably cleaned each day. I would definitely choose the Blue Cypress again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
hshall, Manager at Blue Cypress Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thanks for the kind words. Glad you enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure having you. Come back and see us when back in Arlington.
Peocs,Tx
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Our stay was great . we recommend everyone to stay at Blue Cypress in Alington TX. Its location is near SixFlags and the Texas Rangers Ballpark. The staff and manger AHAB are friendly .also housekeeping is always on hand to provide great room service. The breakfast is great. Also the hotel is near the trailers village largest flea market in tx.

Room Tip: All rooms are clean and confortable .
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
hshall, Manager at Blue Cypress Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thanks for the recommendation! We really appreciate it.