“Great visit”

Ranked #15 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Grand Island, Nebraska
“Great visit”
Reviewed March 23, 2011

My room was clean at all times. They accommodated our last minute changes in finding a room for a meeting. However, the best part of the stay was with Ahab at the front desk. He is a refreshing change from what you usually encounter at the front desk. A+++

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
hshall, Manager at Blue Cypress Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2011
Thanks for your kind words. We strongly believe in good customer service, and glad that we could provide you with one. Visit us when in Arlington.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Reviewed February 26, 2011

The location was outstanding, the value for the money was great and the guys driving the vans went above and beyond to make sure the guests were being taken care of. For an off brand hotel worth the stay.

• Stayed February 2011
hshall, Manager at Blue Cypress Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2011
Thanks for the kind note. We truly appreciate your business. Looking forward to seeing you again.
Reviewed February 12, 2011

Stayed at this hotel while on a family vacation to Arlington! From the moment we walked in we were treated like royality! I originally paid for a double room that was very reasonably priced! We were fine with this room but it was a little cramped for 2 adults and 3 children. My husband ventured out to explore the beautiful hotel and was talking to Troy at the front desk and was told they had family suites available. Troy took us and showed us the room! We were sold!!!! This suite was beautiful....with a seperate room with bunkbeds and a flat screen TV for the kids! We were allowed on the spot to change rooms! This place is amazing and the staff has made me belive that people DO actually believe in customer service!!! We will definantly be returning!!! :)

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank mommy23k
hshall, Manager at Blue Cypress Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Thanks for taking time to post the review. We really appreciate it. It's good to know we could meet your needs. Do come back and see us when in Arlington.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed February 10, 2011

Clean, comfortable hospitable. Very nice stay. Staff was very polite and wonderfully helpful. Will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank VDeer
Thanks for the review. We are happy to know that you had a comfortable stay at our hotel.
Pittsburgh
Reviewed February 9, 2011

Stayed at the Blue Cypress during Super Bowl WE. Despite the unfortunate outcome of the game itself, this hotel was a great find.

The location is both a positive & negative. The main Arlington attractions are not very far away, but you cannot walk to them (unless you are willing to hop a fence, cross train tracks & run across a major highway). So I'd recommend renting a car if staying here.

The remodeled rooms were certainly nice enough. I wouldn't say 'spotless', as for example, the carpets could probably use a deep clean. The fitness center is under renovation, but has an impressive array of equipment. Their 2 computers were invaluable for uses like printing boarding passes, etc.

What really made this hotel stand out though, was the service. Just to give an idea of the type of service we received: During Super Bowl WE, cabs were at a premium. We had some ideas on things to do, but every cab in TX was taken. No matter, the hotel Manager says to hop in her car, and then she just drove us to our destination herself. Ahab did the same later (along with cooking breakfast, running check-in, acting as concierge, etc etc etc). They bent over backwards on numerous occasions, and what a difference it made. I wouldn't hesitate in staying here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Thanks for the review. We take pride in taking care of our guests and glad to hear that we could make your stay comfortable. We truly appreciate your business. Looking forward to seeing you again.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 8, 2011

My husband and i stayed at the hotel this past weekend during our trip to the Superbowl. The hotel looks amazing and was exceptionally clean. We booked the hotel thru priceline and everything was perfect upon check in. Our room was actually one of the newly renovated rooms and we were the first to stay in it since the renovations had been completed. They provided shuttle service to the Stadium and service back. However, my husband and I had a hard time finding where the shuttle was picking us up (thru fault of our own). My husband called the hotel and the OWNER Abdul (Alex) came himself and picked us up. He left his house and wife and came to pick us up on one of the craziest nights in the freezing rain! If that isnt top notch customer service, then I dont know what is. My husband owns his owns business and often times goes out of his way for customers and it was so refreshing to see others do the same. I would definately recommend this hotel to others. TOP NOTCH ALL THE WAY. Thank you again to Abdul for your kindess, I know we were a needle in a haystack that night:)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
hshall, Owner at Blue Cypress Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Thanks for the kind note. It is our # 1 priority to make our guests comfortable. That is what is hospitality all about. Glad we could make a difference. We really appreciate your business. Come back and see us when in town.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 14, 2010

I booked a hotel room at a Prestigious hotel chain, just to find out that upon my arrival I did not have a room. I was told that I had been relocated to the Blue Cypress which I did not know what kind of hotel I would end up at. Much to my surprise when I arrived I was welcomed with a warm and friendly smile. Hotel host had my room ready with bottled water and snacks. I was asked if I needed anything that thye were just a phone call away. I felt at home and safe. Hotel shuttle even dropped us off and picked us up at the Cowboy Stadium. I will defintley will return to this hotel and will forget about the big chain hotels. Aurora Martinez, Philadelphia,PA

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Thanks for the review. We know what it takes to make our guests comfortable. We are glad you stayed with us. Come back and see us when in Arlington.