“Extended Stay in Arlington”

Extended Stay America - Arlington
Ranked #46 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was at this hotel for 5 months and had no issues to speak of and it was an extremenly good value for the money. Good beds and pillows, reliable internet and convenient to area attractions and restuarants.

Room Tip: Had a top floor room in the building with the office facing Cracker Barrel. Room was not a large ro...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sc0tt067
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

The team and I appreciate your great remarks. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your accommodations here with us at the Extended Stay. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I booked the room 2 weeks in advance as a double bed suite. Called on my way to make sure they had my reservation and what time the lobby closed. Was told on the phone that they didn't have the 2 bed suite but was able to put my friend and I in 2 separate rooms at a reduced rate, I said ok. When we finally arrived at the hotel, one of the rooms wasn't even cleaned and had a funny smell to it. The other room although "clean", smelled really badly of cigarette smoke even though it was "non-smoking". The girl at the front desk was very nice about it and even went and cleaned my friends room. After driving 2300 miles from Washington State, I was completely disappointed. The pictures that they show certainly are not what the rooms look like, nor was my kitchen fully stocked. Was missing utensil and cooking pans.
I also found that Kelly could be a bit on the cold side, but the rest of the staff was more than helpful. I never had any issues with roaches and only saw one that was on the outside of the room. I wouldn't have stayed there for the 2 weeks that I did but really didn't have the time to find another place to stay. I certainly wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Hi Laura,

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The situation you described regarding the the room not being cleaned is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are going to correct any issues like this, so that no other guest will have an experience like this. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please contact me, at nal@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

the first time I arrived, they didn't have my reservation booked and I was forced to stay at another hotel until the following day when they finally had a room. the worker, Kelly, was so rude and had an attitude the whole time. she seems to not care about anyone who tries to stay there, and is basically just in need of an attitude adjustment. the other workers at the desk were very nice. I stayed for 3 weeks and room cleaning never have me the correct towels, or ran out of them. I had to go down there every week to just fix what the maids messed up. I was in a bad situation and had to stay here, but if you have a choice look otherwise.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank EthanA
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Ethan - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not receive proper housekeeping and that you had an unpleasant check-in as well. I discussed your comments with the team, and I am going to be coaching each member on how to provide better customer service moving forward. I am also going to review our check-in messages with the entire staff, so that the housekeeping policy is relayed to all of our guests in the future. As well, I am going to work with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning standards and procedures.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at nal@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Unfortunately the stay was really disappointed. Two of the front desk girls where awesome helped with whatever needed to be done really friendly manager did a great job with the situation with roaches. But there is one person that made our stay so complicated dontknow why and really dont care at this point. Ur stay was a longer stay and she checked us out before our time. Schedule our room for some other people and couldnt accomated us. basically kicked us out before. All because of her low work ethic. Ms. Kelly was always with an attitude seens the first day we saw her unfortunately they need to find her another job. People that treat others with no respect not knowing situations need to get out of what there doing so they can be happy. Becareful of coming here to stay you never know if Kelly wakes up with an attitude or maybe your face is not pleasing to her and leaves you sleeping in the streets with the comment oh!! yeah is because we dont have any rooms when your paying and been staying there for a time.

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I was disheartened to read that one of our staff members did not attend to your needs properly. Please accept our apologies. I met with our entire staff to review their responsibilities and also to coach them on how to provide better customer service in the future. As well, I am very sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room. Our housekeeping staff is working to improve our cleaning efforts moving forward to ensure this does not happen again.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. Please contact me, at nal@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Ok, so i booked this hotel for just an one night stay on the same day and could not be happier to be able to get it through pricline with a great price! As i was staying with Extended Stay America many times before, i thought i would have got another pleasant experience as before but this one is a unforgetable in a horrible way! I was put in a non-smoking room but at the second i open the door, i could not stand but sneezing non stop because the room smells so bad. Everything else is acceptable for the price in paid. But then, at 2:30 in the morning, i heard someone tried to open the door, i ignored it thinking it was the room next door, but all the sudden the door opened. Luckily i have carefully locked the upper lock so the lady that tried to get in my rolm could not open all the way out. Oh Lord i was scared to death as i was a lady staying by my self at a hotel. The lady then walked away but i could not go back to sleep. I called the front desk asking for some help and explanation but the lady who picked up the phone said she had no idea what happened and how the lady could open the door. I then asked if she could have somebody go check out at my room but she then refused and said she was jusy the laundry person and could not do anything, if i want to change to another room, i have to walk to the front desk for her to be anle to help me. Man, i was freaking out, how can i open the door and walk my self to the lobby while the building im staying at is a different building with the one the lobby at, and it's 3:00 am in the morning??!! Hopelessly seeking some help from the hotel, i had to called my friend out, he then escorted me out to the lobby, we called the phone, the same lady picked up, we asked her to open the door to give her back the key room, she could not hesitate to open the door for apologize or whatsoever instead telling us that we just leave the key in the room... WTH???! we then had to leave the key in the phone box, speechless to the bad bad customer service. I was running around looking for a place to stay exhaustedly. The morning after that, i came back to talk to the manager but he was not there, so the one at the front desk explained that the incidence happpened because of some kind of miscommunication between them, She told that that lady was staying the night before me and she came back trying to get back in the room but could not remember which room she was in, and the laundry lady mistakenly gave her my key room. She tried to say that it was a nice lady. I was like oh ok, i do not care how nice she is, all i know is you guys gave somebody access to my room at the middle of the night and it is unacceptable. I then asked for the return. I had to called priceline and explain to them what happened. Im now waiting for the money to be back in my account. But this will be the last time i stay with extended stay. So unsafe!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was a value for the price of $52/night. All the vending machines were broken and taking money. Lots of large beetles on the lower level, so Id suggest getting a 2nd level room if you don't like large black bugs. No Kleenex or room amenities (shampoo, lotion, shower cap) are provided. According to the ad in the bathroom; if you are not staying more than 7 days; light room service is provided for a cost. I have never stayed at a hotel that does not check your at least every other day. My stay was for 4 days but I checked out after night two.

Room Tip: There is no pool, but guest can go to the partner location that is closer to six flags on Lamar.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kenmitche9
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Ken - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the level of cleanliness in your room was not in line with our company's standards. To uphold our company's high standards, we are working to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies to ensure this does not happen again.

Our team is committed to satisfying out guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback Please contact me, at nal@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Once again the human errors hurts this rating not the grounds or rooms the cleaning after guests leave not a good job. I called ahead 2 hours they said let me have housekeeping make sure your room is ready and WOW her perception of clean blew me away.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Southerneyez
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for housekeeping not having the room cleaned up to your or our standards. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have setup a meeting to discuss this issue with all of my housekeepers, to ensure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at nal@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.