“Excellent burger, and close to home”
Review of Chop House Burgers

Chop House Burgers
Ranked #55 of 818 Restaurants in Arlington
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I kept driving past this place several times a week thinking I would stop in one day. Last Friday was the day... The Chop House Burger with brisket mixed in was excellent, but they lost one star in my rating by getting my wife's order wrong (had only pickle & onion when I expressly said lettuce & tomato only - and reiterated no onion). It wouldn't have been a huge problem, but it was take-out, so not easily fixed. Over the past many months I watched the crowds grow and saw them expand, so had to give it a try. I will be back!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stopped in for lunch - unfortunately we had never heard of this place! The Chop House Burger (with the brisket) was cooked to perfection, wonderful flavor - I had mine with no sauce and it was delicious! Lot's of other interesting burger options and well as the largest onion rings I have ever seen! So glad we heard about Chop House - we will be back!

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

The Chop House burger is apparently the signature sandwich. With good reason! This burger is big and tasty. The chili burger was good but not as good as the Chop House. The onion rings are HUGE. The fried japs are out if this world. Even as two sides, and two burgers, split for two people was more than enough food! Bring your appetite.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I love a good burger, and after hearing about this place, I had to check it out. The draw for me was the variety of burgers that I saw listed on the menu on their webpage. There were several that I wanted to try, but we both went with their signature burger, the chop house burger, for our first visit. This is a burger with roasted brisket mixed in, served with their own steak sauce. I ordered mine with sautéed onions in place of the raw ones. We also ordered a mixed basket of fries and onion rings. You can get your burger cooked to the temperature that you like, but you have to tell them when you place your order. Burgers are cooked well done unless you specify otherwise.

Order at the counter, and they give you a card with a famous person’s or character’s name which they will call when your order is ready. This is just like at another, older, burger place in the DFW area. It would have been nicer if they had just given us a number if they couldn’t come up with something original. We took our name and went to look for a seat. The place was pretty busy, and we made our way through the maze of rooms until we found one in the very last room. The restaurant has expanded several times, so there are several rooms in what used to be different stores in the strip mall where the restaurant is located. I’m sure that having separate rooms helps keep the noise down somewhat, but it was still very loud in there, and still would have been even if we hadn’t had a family with two bouncing, screaming children at the next table. There was a full range of people there, from groups of ladies dressed to “do lunch” to a table of rough-looking guys. The people-watching was excellent. The restaurant is short on décor, but it doesn’t really matter. You’re there for burgers, not atmosphere.

Our burgers came much quicker than I thought they would with how busy the place was. The staff was also very efficient at cleaning tables and getting them ready for the next customer as soon as they were emptied. With their focus on cleaning tables and getting burgers delivered, it was a little difficult to get their attention when we needed something. Yet even with the focus on getting people seated and served quickly, we never felt we were being rushed to vacate our table.

When our burgers came, it was obvious that they were not frozen, pre-formed patties. They had the irregular shape of freshly-shaped burgers. The toppings were piled high enough that I needed to reposition them a little in order to manage holding it. The sautéed onions were caramelized, so that they actually had some flavor. A lot of places only cook them until they are clear, so you get the texture of cooked onion but no real flavor. The steak sauce was also flavorful. They used a thick bacon which added even more to the heartiness of the burger. The bun could have used a little more toasting, though. Also, I couldn’t taste anything that made it stand out from a burger without brisket in it, but it was still a very good burger. Fries were fresh cut. The salt used on them, and in the salt shakers, was kosher salt. The onion rings were huge. They are cut so they are very wide, which does make them a little challenging to eat. I usually prefer a tempura batter, but this coating had just a bit of spiciness, which I liked. I’d get these again. We found that the basket of fries and onion rings was more than two people could eat, especially given the size of the burgers.

I still want to try their 10 pepper burger and their Texican burger (burger with tomatoes, jalapenos, onions and cilantro mixed into the meat), so I know I’ll be going back at least two more times. It will probably end up being many more times than that.

Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a really good burger, this is the best place to go to in DFW. They have a really interesting menu, and fresh ingredients.

1  Thank Jenkint7