“Decent burger, but a tad over-rated”
Review of Chop House Burgers

Chop House Burgers
Ranked #55 of 831 Restaurants in Arlington
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband swears by this place. He always gets the standard cheeseburger and leaves full and happy. I, on the other hand, am harder to please. I ordered a regular hamburger, medium-rare, and the burger seemed a bit on the dry side. The fries are good, but nothing really sets them apart from other great burger places that make outstanding home-cooked fries. Would I go back? Yes, if my husband drives. If not, I'd opt for Fred's in Fort Worth, the place Guy Fieri should've been promoting on "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives". But the place is extremely clean and it's easy to order, without a long wait. Again, it's a stand-off between my husband and me. They get a four rating because I'm splitting the difference between my 3.5 rating and his 5 rating.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

My husband and I visited this restaurant because it was featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. We both ordered the namesake Chop House Burger with brisket in it and it was one of the best burgers we've ever had. It was big and messy and very flavorful. The only issue was that they have become so famous, that they were incredibly crowded and it was hot. We learned from one of the owners that they've acquired the space next door and plan to expand soon. There isn't a lot of atmosphere, but you get friendly service and excellent food. The fries were good too. They also have a selection of baked desserts, but we were too full!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

After hearing the buzz for some time, I finally dropped by Chop House for lunch today. Big crowd--huge, even. Interesting menu choices. Cute girls running around delivering food baskets.

As for the burger itself, it was pretty good. Flavorful, fairly lean, in the top tier, but not the best I've ever had. Not exactly hot, which surprised me. Made me wonder whether it was actually cooked to order.

Fries were very, very salty. Greasy and kind of mushy, too. Not what I expected for a $3 side.

(One pet peeve--when you thank a server for bringing something, they reply, "No problem." I know this is an idiom, but really, why would it be a "problem"? Aren't you just doing your job? Whatever happened to "You're welcome"?)

Anyway, it was a good burger, but I don't think Chop House lives up to the hype. To all those waiting in line--good news; I'll be one less person in front of you.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We ordered The Chop House Burger, which is the one with brisket in it, and the Carolina Pork Burger, which has pulled pork in it. I must say the Chop House Burger was AWESOME!!! The smokey flavor really comes through and makes that particular burger rockin. We got the Carolina which was a little underdone for my liking, as I'm picky like that, but my husband seemed to like it. We thought the natural cut fries with the skins on were delicious. We fought over the basket we shared. We also ordered a basket on onion rings, and when they say "think cut" they mean it. They are obviously hand battered, as the batter has already fallen off some when you get them, but they were good. As other reviewers have mentioned, this is a very small place and there were not enough tables BY FAR. We were able after a few minutes to secure a booth, but just by the skin of our teeth! I think they should take out their "pastry case" to make more room for tables. We went there yesterday, which was Saturday after 6pm, so I don't know if it was because they were so busy or what, but we counted at least 8 flies buzzing around us as we were waiting on our food, just FYI, in case you don't care for flies...

Reviewed May 31, 2012

This was quite possibly the best burger I have ever had! You would never guess it looking at the location but it is worth going and getting the Chop House Burger!!!