“Wonderful southern food!”

Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Kenosha, WI
“Wonderful southern food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

Damian's serves up the best southern food we've had since living in Louisiana 25 years ago. A little hard to find, small, but definitly worth the trip.

• Visited September 2011

Elgin, Texas
“Great Soul Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

The collard greens were unforgetable!!! I got my 5 year old a hamburger on our second visit of the week in Arlington and it was like no other.

Visited July 2011
Taylor, Texas
“You must Go here- This place is awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

Me and my co-workers always try to find good "Soul Food" when we go to the big city on work related trips. We are just a couple of "white boys" from Central Texas but we know good food when we see it. Believe me, this place will not disappoint you. I had the Chicken Fried Chicken breast, which was butterflied and deep fried and came out as big as your plate. The greens were awesome; had some sort of bacon dripping base that made them unforgettable. The lady working there never let our tea glass go empty and was happy to clear our plates for us. There is no bathroom so take care of business before you get there and the A/C doesnt work too well. For the Soul Food lovers: Try these other Soul Food locations in Texas:

Houston: This Is It Houston Soul Food-A favorite of Beyonce
Galveston: Simps-Survived a Hurricane, flood marks on wall to prove it.
Bryan/College Station: Shannon's Cafe-My favorite

Visited July 2011
Euless, Texas
“Unbelievably Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2011

We were suppose to go out of town a few weeks ago and we couldn't, due to the weather. I found this adorable little spot online and the since I LOVE Cajun food & Soul food, we decided to go here. It was FANTASTIC! FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC! The owner Damian was just as sweet as he could possibly be. We Went on a Wednesday & I had the smothered pork chops and they were like "BUTTA" not butter, but "BUTTA!" the gravy was spectacular, the mac-n-cheese was wonderful and he had some corn that would make you slap yo mama! Lol! We also had his pound cake, now this pound cake literally melted in your mouth, it was so dang good. I had to get some extra to take with me..Lol!

Damian's Cajun Soul Cafe was truly a wonderful little spot, and both my partner and I enjoyed our Lunch and we will definitely be going back!! SOON!

• Visited May 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
“Incredible Cajun & Soul Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2011

Damian's Cajun Soul Cafe is an unassuming little place located in a nondescript shopping strip in an industrial area, but don't let this humble appearance fool you.

Inside, Damian serves up excellent homemade seafood etouffee, gumbo, smothered pork chops, ribs, fried chicken and hamburgers alongside incredibly tasty sides and desserts.

Service is cafeteria-style, but Damian always comes out to make sure you're enjoying the food. And you will enjoy it!

My absolute favorite is the seafood etouffee - I haven't had etouffee this good since I left SW LA / SE TX many, many years ago.

The hours are slightly weird - 11am-3pm Sunday, closed Monday, 11am-4pm Tuesday through Friday, closed Saturday.

• Visited February 2011