“GOOD CHOICES AT THIS STEAKHOUSE”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #4 of 818 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Have eaten here 3 times in 3 days ... one lunch and 2 dinners. All were good. Had a good ribeye and something they call chicken fried chicken. Got the scampi rice as a side. Should have asked for some extra of the very good creamy sauce that came on the chicken for the rice.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

My son and I were too tired to look for other restaurants around the area and Saltgrass was close to our hotel. I was pleasantly relieved to find a place with a fun and up-to-date atmosphere, excellent service, and the food was really, no really good. I had the ribeye and my son had a burger. Nice job, Saltgrass!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was expecting a fairly generic, cookie-cutter steakhouse when I visited Saltgrass, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was very friendly, and there was a great atmosphere.

As I was travelling on business I was dining solo; some restaurants see this as an opportunity to get rid of their smallest table for a while, but the waiter here found a large table set for 4 (in a busy restaurant) and cleared it so that I had plenty of room for my laptop, which was appreciated.

I had the steak and coconut shrimp, which was very good - tender steak, cooked exactly as ordered, with some tasty sides. The only fault I can find was a lack of sauces; I would very much have liked a bearnaise, which didn't appear to be available.

I would recommend for good steak and a good atmosphere.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I didn't visit this particular saltgrass. I actually dined at one in ft worth. Upon entry you can select your own fresh steak to be prepared. This place is putting outback to shame.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

My husband and I were staying next door at the Hilton Garden Inn and decided we wanted something for dinner and didn't want to drive anywhere so walked next door to the Salt Grass Steakhouse. It was a good choice! So good in fact we went back the following evening. The staff and manager are top rate and very accommodating and super efficient. They seated us very promptly even though the place on both nights (a Monday & Tuesday) was jammed packed. They had a wonderful special of steak and grilled shrimp and it was spot on. We love our steaks medium rare and these were perfect! And the shrimp was lovely and properly grilled. We split the meal and then each had a salad as our sides that came with the meal at a nominal cost. They were both extremely good and lightly dressed just as we requested. The next night we tried the grilled asparagus and also the steamed mixed vegetable and they were very fresh and spot on in their preparation. You can't beat Shiner Bock on tap and it was fresh, just the right temp and reasonably priced. We'd been to other Salt Grass Steak Houses quite some years ago and it was just as good as we remembered. If you love properly cooked food that is fresh! get to this restaurant. The steak is super flavorful. The staff are properly trained and just the right amount of attentiveness, reasonably priced for the quality of food and spotlessly clean, and nice atmosphere.