“Good Reliable Texas Chain Steakhouse”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #4 of 808 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I frequent Saltgrass for business lunches. The food is always tasty and the service is great. The menu and quality is consistent from location to location. Most locations are pretty quick at lunch time. I enjoy being able to eat healthy (wedge salad and grilled chicken breast or delicious tortilla soup) or really go all out and have chicken fried steak with gravy and potatoes. If you frequent the chain, get a loyal member card as the benefits add up fast. The meals are big and can be shared if watching calories or eating on a budget. Steaks are cooked as requested = rare!

There are newer reviews for Saltgrass Steak House

Reviewed February 16, 2014

This was what my Father requested for his 70th birthday dinner. We knew we'd have a wait to be seated, but passed up because one of the greeters didn't take our name was not expected. Our 20 min. became 30+. We get seated & order drinks in a timely manner. Thank goodness we ordered the 2 kid's meals right then. Drinks come & we order. Appetizer, salads & kid's meal come. Never saw our waitress again at our table! We then waited over 45 minutes for our meals. Every meal was a different temperature. No waitress to complain to. We went to the computer stand to ask for our check, since our waitress was in back hunched over a computer & not coming soon. No other wait staff stopped & offered help. We handed our check to someone at the computer as we left. Total time: 2 hours & 15 minutes!!!!! Never had this issue in South Arlington. Never going North again, & will probably try another steak place next time.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed at a nearby hotel for a week and visited Saltgrass twice, once for dinner and once for lunch. Both times were excellent. Good cuts of beef, cooked just the way we wanted them, served up by friendly, engaging staff. Spinach salad was the best I've had. We were surprised to find a good wine list and found a new favourite from California. We definitely recommend and would return.

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Every time I visit here for work I have to eat here about 4 times out of my weekly visits. Great food and service. I'm on the way there tonight.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I love this steak house chain and have to eat at one every time I get a chance too. Never had a bad meal at any of their locations. Their cheese cake is must! I don't like cheese cake but theirs is the exception! Range rattlers and coconut shrimp are other favorites. Everything is a favorite. You just can't go wrong no matter what you get.