“Football yes, basketball no, + parking tips”
Review of AT&T Stadium

and up
3 Hour Dallas Cowboy Stadium Small Group Tour
Ranked #1 of 48 things to do in Arlington
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a tour of the home of the Dallas Cowboys (American) football team.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was the worst basketball venue I've ever been to. It's obvious this place was meant for football and basketball was an afterthought.

We were in the 2nd level, just above the lowest section, and in the 3rd row. I've never felt so far away from the court. It felt like watching a flea circus. Most non-football stadiums keep you relatively close to the action, and the further you are, the HIGHER you are. But cowboy stadium was built for football, which means the empty space filled in around a basketball court is wide, and far away. So even if you're in the 1st section, you could be sitting far away from the court, and not that much higher than the person in from of you, unlike at non-football arenas where the seat in front of you is like 3 feet below you.

The giant screen, while very impressive, is a crutch for your eyes. We had good seats, and yet I had to remind myself to watch the live game rather than the big screen just so I didn't feel like I was paying $75 to watch the game on a big TV. Management is aware of the problem and they are compensating for it by amplifying the sound of the shoes and the ball clanking off the rim, just like on TV or a WWE wrestling match.

The rest of the stadium is very modern, as you would expect, but nothing extraordinary.

Parking is OBSURDLY EXPENSIVE. It was $40 cash, or $35 online, or $30 online in advance. And this is just for NCAA basketball. For an NFL game, expect to pay at least double that. I read online that it can be over $200.

You can park for "free" if you park at Lincoln Square shopping center. They only require you to make purchase of $40 and place the receipt on your dash. Yes, it's the same price, but at least you get something for it. You can even just buy a gift certificate. Or even buy something, and return it later.

We were attending a 2-day event, so went to Bed, Bath, & Beyond, found something we needed anyway, bought a gift certificate for the first day, went back the second day, and used the gift certificate to actually buy what we needed. So we essentially parked for free. It's a 10 minute walk from the closest point to the entrance of the stadium. They also have a shuttle for $10, but it's really not that far.

1  Thank redningja

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Can't walk all the way around. Tricky to navigate, but lots of helpful people around to help. We went for NCAA Tournament. They have floor seating to get you close. I was worried how they would do basketball in such a large stadium. They have a huge screen also.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

First I went to the stadium web sit to see where I could park. They blocked 5,6,7 so someone who is handicapped had to park in a remote lot. They finally let us drop mom off at lot six. After the game we waited until we gave up on a wheel chair to get mom to a handicapped pick up. We walked rather than keep waiting. The cowboys reps did as told and said yes their web sit is terrible. Acted so sad. We finally got to our car and left. Hope the NCAA does a better job for the final 4 our old people just need to stay home.

1  Thank Worldtex
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I expected more. It is really big and the monitor is so huge I kept forgetting there was an actual game on the field below. Maybe would be better if I had taken one of the tours that shows all the innovations used.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas is definitely a must see for all sports fans. It is an impressive stadium with all of the bells and whistles and then some. I visited the stadium prior to going to a baseball game next door at the Ranger's ballpark wanting to see how different it was compared to the old Texas Stadium. They offer several different tours: a self-guided tour, art tour, and a VIP tour. As such there is something for everyone.

I would recommend taking the VIP tour even though it costs about $10 more than the self-guided tour. The self-guided tour will allow you to see the Cowboy's players and cheerleader locker rooms, as well as some other areas as well as going onto the field itself. However the VIP tour gives you an opportunity to see a suite, Jerry Jone's owner suite as well as his personal one below the main suite where he has access to his own phone connected to the coaches on the field. Supposedly he doesn't use it to challenge a play, but I don't think anyone bought that! The art tour highlights the various art collection chosen by Jerry Jones' wife. Not sure about her idea of art, as I thought the modern "art" actually detracted to the overall experience of the stadium.

There is not a single aspect of the stadium that is not impressive. It is mind boggling how much money was spent building the stadium. Looking at the various clubs, public and private areas, it is not surprising that the stadium is a destination in itself. Looking down at the field, you can get a good idea of how big it is. The field itself is actually below ground level. The video screen is so large that they had to place the famous "star" on top of the screen so that television viewers can see it as the one on the field is completely covered up by the screen.

You can walk through the locker rooms where you can see where the current player's use as well as former ones. As with the player's locker room, the cheerleader's locker is set up by priority so you can see where each dancer gets ready. Even here in the locker rooms, it is much more elegant than you would expect to find.

I would definitely recommend visiting the Cowboy's Stadium. You can go onto the field and through around a football, enjoy seeing the inter-workings of the stadium, and get an up close view on America's Team.