“OverPriced”

Tom's Burgers and Grill
Ranked #72 of 796 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Arlington, Texas
“OverPriced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Been coming here for yrs all the time i order the 1/2 lb double burger Recently Toms has changed its pricing we had 3 drinks and one got spilled all over our table by the waitress the whole visit we never got a refill one drink was brought out with out ice . burger no longer come with fries ..my jaw dropped 1 single patty burger $8.00 3 in my party one who was an 8 yr old child and the bill over $40 who ever works the fryer dose not drain the 3/4 cup off grease off the fried food ether worst experience ever at this restaurant I promise i will never come back EVER you charging RED LOBSTER PRICES and putting out McDonalds quality food

• Visited June 2014

Arlington, Texas
“Bad experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

I have tried this place several times and am giving up. Tom's Burgers has THE most inconsistent food prep I have ever experienced. The first time I ate there the burger patty was tasty and well cooked, but the bun was tissue paper dry. Today I ordered a burger "with no pink" in the meat and got charcoal (I mean this quite literally, the outside 25% was solid black). I have ordered well done and gotten red juices flowing out from the middle. The burger I tried today (the last I will ever try from them) crunched like a very thick and hard potato chip. When they are on their best behavior they make a killer burger but on average their product is terrible. Unless you are dying of starvation please take my advice and avoid this place.

• Visited May 2014
Arlington, TX
“The BEST burgers in Texas - maybe the world!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

My family has eaten here many times and these are the best burgers anywhere. The buns are tasty and fresh. The meat is juicy and full of flavor. No one comes close to how good they taste. Add the onion rings (light and delicious) and you have a meal fit for a king. You gotta' eat here. And then you will never be satisfied with a Five Guys, In-and-Out, etc burger again.

• Visited February 2014
Arlington, TX
“Great Burgers...Yet Dirty, Dirty, Dirty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

I live here in Arlington and my wife and I have eaten often at Tom's. This was originally opened as a Denny's Diner (the ones that tried to replicate the old diner retro look) that went belly up. Tom's came in and opened up an excellent burger establishment that has a loyal following for good reason. The burgers are excellent with really good chargrilled flavor. Although they do not sell alcohol, you can also request a beer or wine and they will give you up to (2) per person for free!! There is no brand selection, but a free alcoholic beverage with your burger...a nice touch that they provide. They do not have a liquor license and therefore are unable to SELL alcohol but they can give you one for free. Awesome.

So why the 1 star??? Because I could not decide whether to give it 1 or 2 stars. While the burgers are great and many people also enjoy their breakfast, I just could not get past how DIRTY it was today for lunch on a Sunday. We have always sat it the main area but today we sat in a booth opposite the stool and counter section...and it was GROSS.

The carpet was filthy...the areas around the base of the stools where a vacuum can not reach was disgusting. The carpet looks as though it has never been steam cleaned, the windows needed cleaning, the red squeeze bottles that hold their ketchup were greasy feeling when picked up, and even their staff/waitresses do not come across as very clean conscious. For example, the man that sat us today (either the owner or the manager it seemed) had one of his young boys following him as he talked to customers. This boy was not of age to be working in a food establishment to start with (probably 10 - 13 years old). The young boy then proceeding to "help" by wrapping the eating utensils in napkins that are supplied for us the eating public to use while enjoying our meal. While wrapping up the utensils he would scratch his arm with the part of the knife that you hold and just go right on wrapping up the utensils like this is normal. YUCK!!! REALLY!!!

I do believe this will be our last visit as all of this was just a little more than I could bear. All cities have their greasy little spoons that we frequent because the food is just really good. Tom's has a really loyal following and does a good business...because their burgers are quite good.

My father was in the restaurant business many years ago and cleanliness does not cost a lot when maintained regularly. Every evening the place should be wiped clean, vacuumed, glass cleaned, condiment bottles wiped clean, booths wiped down. Periodically the carpets need a deep cleaning. If the area where the eating public sits is this DIRTY, what does the kitchen / grill area look like???

Sorry Tom's...I love your burgers but your place has gotten too greasy and too dirty to continue frequenting. This makes me sad as it is hard to find burgers that are made just right but my health has to take priority here. Please clean up the place so that other loyal customers like myself won't continue to avoid it because of the decline in cleanliness.

• Visited February 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Fun location and great food: Potato Chip Breaded Chicken Fried Steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Tom's Burgers is in an old fashioned diner off of I30. The location is a busy one, be prepared to hunt for a parking spot, there is ample parking but this place is busy. People are great about eating and leaving so the wait to get a table on a Saturday afternoon rush was only a few minutes.

I got the Hickory Burger (no onions!). This is a dicey selection, as often the hickory sauce is too sweet or overly flavored. The burger is clearly fresh ground beef and the buns taste extremely fresh. Fries are great.

My husband had the chicken fried steak which is unusual because the steak is breaded with crushed potato chips. This may sound wierd, it looks a little wierd, but the flavor is out of this world.

Service was fast and friendly. The place is busy but very clean. Will definitely go back again.

• Visited January 2014