Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Arlington North-Entertainment District
Ranked #10 of 63 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Staycation in Arlington so that the family could experience a Texas Ranger game and a day at Six Flags Over Texas featured an overnight stay at this property. Although the rooms were not ready on our arrival at 4:30 pm the staff was apologetic and accommodating. The lobby was roomy and quiet, and the thirty minute wait for our rooms was comfortable. When they were available, the two rooms were clean, with little noise, and more than adequate for a family getaway. Breakfast was convenient, if not gourmet, and everyone had their fill of favorites; the cost savings for a family of five means I'll never stay at a hotel without "free" breakfast and this was better than most. The location of this property is its best feature, offering a short "one left and three rights" drive to Six Flags that took less than 5 minutes. Getting to the Ballpark was a bit troublesome as the city's shuttle was later than advertised, prompting us to split the cost of an available private car/limo to the game. At three dollars a head, it was worth it and there were several guests of the hotel who took advantage of this as the car returned to the hotel's breezeway on more than three occasions for another load of people before we decided to go for it ourselves. If going to either attraction, and was staying over night, I would use this property again. If romance and higher amenities are what I was looking for there may be other options

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Wannagetawaymore

Reviewed July 6, 2012

What an unbelievably wonderful hotel! We arrived early on July 5th, and the staff checked us in at 9:30AM. Then they allowed us to eat breakfast (grab-n-go) and gave us and our friends passes for the trolley to Six Flags (friends weren't staying there). The property was super clean, the room was spacious and well-kept, and the breakfast buffet was one of the best I've seen. I will definitely stay there again, and I will most certainly recommend this property!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RadarNav
Reviewed June 30, 2012

So we attempted to stay at a "value hotel" we walked in and walked right out and were able to secure a last minute hotel room at this Hampton Inn. I walked in and their front desk staff immediately got me a room. (king suite) this room is extremely clean smells fresh and feels like home. their staff went above and beyond for any request I needed and this facility in its entirety is in immaculate condition. location is perfectly off the main road near everything we needed and doesnt have the hustle and bustle of the hotels directly on the strip. Now for pricing it is actually lower priced that the "higher end" hotels on the strip but only a few blocks from the strip. I look forward to coming back to stay here anytime I am in the area. Top notch hotel in my opinion!!!

Room Tip: Book in advance if possible!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Racktravler
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This was our first stay here. The bathroom and room had ample space. Plenty of parking on a busy weekend. Decor was nice. We found it to be very clean. The location is very accessible to the interstate. The only negative was that we would have had to pay additional for a room with a refridgerator. I have been spoiled into thinking that it should be included.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sonnie B
Reviewed May 29, 2012

So I depend rather heavily on my fellow reviewers to lead me in the right direction and I think they did here as well. With a huge, sprawling city like Dallas, there are so many options that I have very rarely stayed in the same local too often, so here I chose one I had never been to before. I chose it for it proximity to a major road getting me back to I-20 and the fact there are eating establishments all over the place.

I was worried about the proximity to the parks, though, fearing an influx of children and families. I don't dislike either, but I was on business, so sleep and quiet time is helpful.

I found this Hampton to be one of the cleanest I have been in for a long time. The lobby was spacious and very clean. The internet worked great and the room was pretty big, as was the bathroom. Not to mention, while I know it was mid-May and during the week, the hotel was quiet and very nice.

I have no complaints and would be back and can easily refer.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2012

This place might be OK for families going to Six Flags, but for the seasoned business traveler it has its' share of annoyances.
This last stay was my second at this property. The first one wasn't good, but I thought I'd give the place another shot, as it is convenient to my customers' offices. During my first stay, I noticed the walls had been prepped for painting-but were just bare. And the A/C unit in the room was loud enough to awaken the dead.

When I returned for my second stay, the walls in my room were bare, not painted-no texturing-nothing. I don't expect a Hampton Inn room to be decorated by a world-class designer, but I would at least expect a coat of paint on the walls. It was around 3 months from my first stay to this more recent one. In my a opinion there was plenty of time to apply a coat of paint to the walls in the rooms.The breakfast at this property was also pretty lame compared to most others in the Hampton chain. I will find another place to stay on my next business trip to Arlington TX.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Garmentbagger
Lourdes Y, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Arlington North-Entertainment District, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write and share a review about your stay at our property. I understand that the appearance of the walls in your room was a concern however, I want to assure you that the wall in your room was completely finished. We have applied to all the walls in the rooms and the lobby a venetian plaster finish, which is a 3 step process that is applied to the wall. We decided to go with this wall finish because of its beautiful look and its guarantee against mold and mildew, which would also help our guests who may suffer from allergies. I hope next time your travels bring you to Arlington, you would consider staying with us again.

Kind Regards,
Lourdes Yanouri
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas Arlington-North

Reviewed February 18, 2012

This is an excellent hotel for the traveler and I highly recommend it. It is nicely located about half a mile off the express way near a number a other motels. It was very quite with no road noise. I could see the 6-flags roller coaster from the room.

My wife and I have stayed at three Hampton Inn's over the past 6 months. They have all had squeaky clean rooms, comfortable beds, lots of travel friendly amenities - microwave, refrigerator, free wi-fi, comfortable bed, complete free buffet breakfast, laundry, workout room, pool, breakfast bags to take on your way and free parking. Most of all, the staff have consistently been welcoming, friendly and have gone out of there way to accommodate our requests.

This Hampton Inn was no exception. The staff was great. For example, after we returned to our hotel one evening, my wife asked if there was any fruit. The desk clerk immediately went to the kitchen and brought out apples and a banana.

This reflects on the high quality in employee selection and training by the entire management of Hampton Inns. The Hampton Inns national and local management should be complemented for this.

We were upgraded to a a suite which was about twice the size of a standard room. My only suggestion was that the sink was in a alcove between the closet and the bathroom containing the tub/shower and toilet. However, the alcove was open to the rest of the room so someone standing at the sink was visible to everyone in the room. This might be a problem for a family or two couples staying in the room. I would recommend that a sliding door or some other privacy divider be installed.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple