“Not worth the money.”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Austin, Texas
“Not worth the money.”
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

I am SO disappointed! I loved this place in the past but OMG $100 bucks later I'm not impressed anymore. The salad was drenched in feta and dressing. The lamb lollipops were bathed in salt and then drizzled with a brown salty salt sauce. After that I couldn't eat anymore. Only saving grace is the bartender and waitress were awesome. Still... I don't think I 'll be back.

Arlington, TX
“Five Star Food!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We've been to Olenjacks multiple times. The first time I went when they first opened, I wasn't overly impressed but I think that was me having a bad day. Since then, every time we've gone, I've walked away very impressed. Brian is truly a great chef and he's also very supportive of the community. He regularly lets our church have events there and give a percentage of what members spend back to the church. The menu changes as he comes upwith new creations and I usually try something different every time and it's always wonderful. And my dad loves the chiecken-fried steak. Says it's one of the best one he's ever had and he's a CFS connoisseur!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Mike S
Fort Worth, TX
“Best gourmet restaurant with a casual atmosphere!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Love this place! The food is always spectacular and very unique. The goat cheese grits is definitely my favorite! The atmosphere is nice but yet casual and comfortable, and the wait staff is always friendly.

Marquez, Texas
“Nice restaurant and bar”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We just had drinks and an appetizer. They are located a little out of the way but that's not a bad thing. Service was okay no complaints. A couple next to us both had some kind of apple martini dessert which they loved. We might try the restaurant sometime but did seem a bit pricey.

• Visited September 2012
WI
“A really good restaurant with an identity crisis”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We are locals and have been to Olenjack's a few times. The food is really good. The menu is creative and has some very inventive items. The nachos with pulled pork are delicious! We've also had scallops and pork chops, steak and chicken fried steak. Nice dessert selection as well! Generous portions make the prices reasonable. The ambience is nice, with a nicely decorated interior.
What's odd about this place is the waitstaff. I'm sure that due to their location, they get a some Ranger fans who come there for dinner before or after a game. When we were there, however, the waitstaff were wearing Rangers T-shirts, which I did not think fit at all with the style, ambience and food here. It's like going to a really nice steakhouse and having servers from TGIFriday's. They are friendly, but inexperienced, so don't expect any menu suggestions or answers to any specific food questions. I don't think they can decide whether to be a fan hangout or an upscale, creative dining experience.
Bottom line, I encourage you to go and eat here. You won't be disappointed at all. However, if you're looking for a special occasion place, or somewhere to take that important client, you might need to look somewhere else until they decide what they want to be when they grow up.

Visited August 2012