“Nice restaurant and bar”
Review of Olenjack's Grille - CLOSED

Olenjack's Grille
Cuisines: American, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Marquez, Texas
“Nice restaurant and bar”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We just had drinks and an appetizer. They are located a little out of the way but that's not a bad thing. Service was okay no complaints. A couple next to us both had some kind of apple martini dessert which they loved. We might try the restaurant sometime but did seem a bit pricey.

• Visited September 2012

WI
“A really good restaurant with an identity crisis”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We are locals and have been to Olenjack's a few times. The food is really good. The menu is creative and has some very inventive items. The nachos with pulled pork are delicious! We've also had scallops and pork chops, steak and chicken fried steak. Nice dessert selection as well! Generous portions make the prices reasonable. The ambience is nice, with a nicely decorated interior.
What's odd about this place is the waitstaff. I'm sure that due to their location, they get a some Ranger fans who come there for dinner before or after a game. When we were there, however, the waitstaff were wearing Rangers T-shirts, which I did not think fit at all with the style, ambience and food here. It's like going to a really nice steakhouse and having servers from TGIFriday's. They are friendly, but inexperienced, so don't expect any menu suggestions or answers to any specific food questions. I don't think they can decide whether to be a fan hangout or an upscale, creative dining experience.
Bottom line, I encourage you to go and eat here. You won't be disappointed at all. However, if you're looking for a special occasion place, or somewhere to take that important client, you might need to look somewhere else until they decide what they want to be when they grow up.

Visited August 2012
Corinth, Texas, United States
“Bit different”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The restaurant was better than average because it was a little different in that the menu was interesting. Chicken fried steak was good as was the pear martini. The ambience was OK, service good. The prices were a shade high. I might go back because of the menu.

• Visited July 2012
Arlington, Texas
“Delish, but expensive...”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I loved their food, but unless someone else is paying (like business) i won't be coming on my own... I had their sweet potato grits (and I never had grits in my life! I love them...) and what they call Lollypops (lamb chops. Could eat those for the rest of my life...). i also had their goat cheese grits and they were delicious.

Visited July 2012
Arlington, Texas
“Love Olenjacks!”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Probably my favorite restaurant in Arlington. I love this place and go at least once every two weeks. I like to graze the appetizers, the mussels are amazing! The bread is so crusty and when you dip it in the sauce… just amazing! The Shrimp and grits are very good and if you want to splurge try the steak. It’s fantastic!!

• Visited May 2012