“Plus size ladies not welcome here.”

Six Flags Over Texas
Ranked #4 of 47 things to do in Arlington
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Six Flags Over Texas is a world-class theme park conveniently located between Dallas and Fort Worth in Arlington, Texas. This family-favorite destination features over 35 thrilling rides and attractions, exciting shows, concerts, and special events. The park sits on a beautiful 212 acres featuring lush landscape with over 150,000 flowers and plants. Popular attractions include: The Texas SkyScreamer, Titan, New Texas Giant, Batman: The Ride, and Superman: Tower of Power. **New for 2013: soar high above Six Flags Over Texas at the world record 402 feet on the Texas Sky Screamer; a swing carousel ride that takes riders to breath-taking heights.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Plus size ladies not welcome here.”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I absolutely adore roller coasters and take the chance whenever possible. Today I visited Six Flags over Texas. What a mistake. After riding roller coasters of all kinds this year, at Six Flags I had the opportunity to disembark from all three that I tried. While my backside fit in the seat with no problem, my legs did not. Having gone from a size 24 to a size 22 this year, I wasn't worried at all. After the third time of being asked to disembark before the ride took off, I gave up and we went home. My poor family was simply stunned/shocked/infuriated that I could not ride the rides. While standing in line, I had the sad opportunity to watch other folks in the same shape as me. Across the board it was women. Men with huge bellies fit fine.....but women with fuller legs simply do not. Save your time and money ladies and go to Disney or Universal Studios where you can actually ride something. Six Flags does not want us on their rides and I believe we should honor their wishes and go elsewhere.

7 Thank Taffy M

El Paso
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tons of fun!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We had a great day at six flags. Nice to go during the week. I actually thought it might be busier because it was July 3rd, but really not too bad. After much debate, we decided to go with the extra expense of the Flash Pass. Although the lines were not as long as they would have been on the weekend, my family all agreed the pass was worth the money spent. We got the regular Flash Pass and it was perfect for us. The coaster and thrill rides are so much fun!!

Dallas, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A lot of Rides and a lot of Waiting”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Six Flags was never intended to compete with the quality and freshness of the Disney properties. Unfortunately, the quality can not match up with some local parks either. The park in Arlington has been around the longest, and it looks it! The rides look dated, the paint isn't fresh and new, and the rides have too few employees and too long of lines. The food quality is also sub-standard, and you will pay for that luxury. The park officials need to go visit a Disney park to get some of the "magic" back and turn the park into something that is worth the money and time. Find some good healthy foods and train the employees to be pleasant or at least appear to like their job. One employee actually said "I don't come here, so I don't care. Enough said.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank MarkATDFW
Owasso, Oklahoma, Usa
“Great time for family vacation”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

If i had to rate between 1 and 10 I would say it was 11.Must have a flash pass well worth the money.We could not have enjoyed ourselves more.

Visited June 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Thinking of Platinum Flash Pass? Go for it!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Wife and I took are two children who are 4 and barely 6 on our first family outing to Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington on July, 1, 2013. We had debated ahead of time about the merits of purchasing the platinum Flash Pass. In the end, we decided to do it and were very glad we did.

The Flash Pass offers of plenty of rides for kids over 42". It supposedly cuts the wait time by 90%, but I think it cut it substantially more than that. Literally, you put in one ride you want to go on and in less than 5 minutes (usually instantaneously) you are one of the next 3 in line.

After jumping the line, you get the option of staying on the ride for another go round. AWESOME!

We arrived at 10:30 expecting the kids to wear out at 3 or 4 at the latest. We stayed until 7:45 and only left then because mom and dad were wore out. We took frequent breaks and still managed to ride 41 times.

I can't wait until the kids are tall enough to ride all the rides!

Do: Buy the souvenir cup that gives you free refills throughout the day
Do: Bring stickers or ribbon or something to put on your cup to identify it after riding a roller coaster
Do: Bring a ziplock baggie to put your phone and park map in on water rides
Don't: Skip the Platinum Flash Pass. Trust me. It is worth every penny.

2 Thank BTHOthatguy