“The people there were great.”

Howard Johnson Express Inn - Arlington Ballpark / Six Flags
Ranked #20 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed July 5, 2010

First, I called them and got Pam on the phone right away, no long transferring to a system to talk to a person. She was super nice and got us a room. Then I met Silvia at the desk. She was handling a large number of people all by herself and was doing it very efficiently and, at the same time, being nice to everyone standing there and to the people on the phone. This is not a world class hotel but it does have very friendly people and for people just going to Six Flags or to a Rangers or Cowboys game, the location, right next to the highway, it is a great value.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 3, 2010

Went downstairs to go swimming and within two hours of us being out of the room, we had $100 STOLEN!! My husband went downstairs first to tell the front desk lady about it and she said "it wasn't their problem if we misplaced it and there was nothing she can do", that did not settle well with me so, i went down to talk and the front desk lady was being rude! I KNOW how much money I had & do not appreciate my kids money being STOLEN and YES something needs to be done about it!!!! Yes, the rooms have safes but they do not work! They say they have people they trust working there, APPARENTLY THAT IS NOT TRUE because why was i missing money?!?! The money was there before we walked downstairs, SO why was it missing when we were back in our room if they didn't steal it?!?!?!? Obviously they wanted to be sneaky but they sure picked the wrong person to try to be sneaky with!!! All they are supposed to do is throw the trash, fix the beds and clean out the bathroom, Not steal peoples stuff/money!!!! Thieves...Thieves...Thieves!!!!!!! Beware!!!!!!!!!!! Be careful what you leave behind in your rooms!!!! Would not want this to happen to anyone else!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank UNHAPPYMOM2010
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Nice hotel! Our room was very spacious and comfortable. During check-in, the staff member discovered that my husband was a Dallas Cowboy fan and gave us a room that looked directly onto the new Cowboy Stadium! It was a great view! I believe it was the fifth floor, but if you’re going to stay there, ask for a room with a view of the stadium! The continental breakfast was yummy as well. The only complaint I have is that while we were staying there, we saw a lower price advertised on their sign. My husband inquired and we were told that these were the older rooms that hadn’t yet been refurbished. It just didn’t sit very well with us, but, what can you do?

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2010

personnel was very unprofessional, rooms were not comfortable. The only good thing about the hotel was its location!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank vrfulton
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Two top notch restaurants on site - steak house & Mexican, handy to everything - the Cowboys stadium, 6 flags, Parks Mall - would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2010

I read previous reviews on this particular Howard Johnson after I had made our reservations and was actually scared. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel has had some renovations which are very nice for a hotel in this price range ~ $45/night week days. There are granite shower walls and sink tops. There is limited counter space in the bathroom but it was adequate for us. The mattress was the best I had slept on and is comparable to finer hotels we have stayed in (Hampton Inn). The carpet appeared to be fairly new as well as the furniture. I think they have done a great job in remodeling this particular facility. The downsides are: the traffic noise since it is right next to I-30 the WiFi is very, very weak in the room as is the cell phone reception. We had to go to the lobby to get good cell phone usage and WiFi reception on the laptop. We were able to use our phones in the room but calls would get dropped. The sliding doors to the balcony are not worth the effort so don't even try. The staff was very helpful in extending our stay since our flights were cancelled due to the snow storm. There is a Mexican grill - On the Border (similar to Chili's) - walking distance from the hotel which was great under the weather circumstances. I have no problem staying here again on future trips which will be many. I go to Dallas for medical reasons but like staying in the Arlington area during our trip. Overall, for a decent price and a decent mattress and accomodations, this is worth a try.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2009

The hotel is old and is in need of some major upgrades. The $59 price sounded good but then with taxes and everything it was over $80. The sheets were stained, breakfast was nothing much at all. The lady at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. It wasn't bad just I think we could of went on down the road a little ways and got a much nicer motel for less.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family