“Helpful,courteous staff, excellent accommodations & breakfasts”

Howard Johnson Express Inn - Arlington Ballpark / Six Flags
Ranked #21 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Two top notch restaurants on site - steak house & Mexican, handy to everything - the Cowboys stadium, 6 flags, Parks Mall - would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Express Inn - Arlington Ballpark / Six Flags

Reviewed February 18, 2010

I read previous reviews on this particular Howard Johnson after I had made our reservations and was actually scared. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel has had some renovations which are very nice for a hotel in this price range ~ $45/night week days. There are granite shower walls and sink tops. There is limited counter space in the bathroom but it was adequate for us. The mattress was the best I had slept on and is comparable to finer hotels we have stayed in (Hampton Inn). The carpet appeared to be fairly new as well as the furniture. I think they have done a great job in remodeling this particular facility. The downsides are: the traffic noise since it is right next to I-30 the WiFi is very, very weak in the room as is the cell phone reception. We had to go to the lobby to get good cell phone usage and WiFi reception on the laptop. We were able to use our phones in the room but calls would get dropped. The sliding doors to the balcony are not worth the effort so don't even try. The staff was very helpful in extending our stay since our flights were cancelled due to the snow storm. There is a Mexican grill - On the Border (similar to Chili's) - walking distance from the hotel which was great under the weather circumstances. I have no problem staying here again on future trips which will be many. I go to Dallas for medical reasons but like staying in the Arlington area during our trip. Overall, for a decent price and a decent mattress and accomodations, this is worth a try.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2009

The hotel is old and is in need of some major upgrades. The $59 price sounded good but then with taxes and everything it was over $80. The sheets were stained, breakfast was nothing much at all. The lady at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. It wasn't bad just I think we could of went on down the road a little ways and got a much nicer motel for less.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2009

Yep, my truck was also broken into, as was a previous poster's. Window busted, discovered on a sunday, so had to drive all the way back to lampasas with no truck window. They're not the slightest bit concerned, but will reference a "not responsible for damages" sign that is obstructed by a palm leaf. Noisy. Breakfast? Not really. 2 vehicles broken into on this particular night, even the police officer advised we not stay there again. Very, very disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank irock2fast4u
Reviewed August 16, 2009

I have used tripadvisor a lot and was very hesitant to stay at the Howard Johnson after reading the terrible reviews. I would have changed hotels but thankfully I prepaid and it was non refundable on travelocity. This place FAR exceeded our expectations!!! It was clean, comfortable and the staff were extremely nice and helpful. This place is also in a great location, walking distance to the ballpark- an 8 minute walk, and there is a free shuttle that will take you to 6 Flags. We stayed here when the Red Sox and Rangers were playing, so it was very full, but the staff handled everything very graciously.

The rooms were large and comfortable, beds and pillows reasonable. The bathroom was clean, and had been re-done with marble sinks/showers. We had balconies overlooking the pool. The ac worked great. The doors to the balconies are not in great shape, but were functional. All in all, for this class of hotel, you can't beat it. For the money, this place was great. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2009

I just got back from taking a group to Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor which included five rooms for two nights at the Howard Johnson Six Flags in Arlington Texas. Even though the hotel is older they have obviously done some work in recent years. Everything was kept extrememly clean but most of all I have to say that it was possibly the most curteous staff I have ever experienced. We will be staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed March 24, 2008

Our room rate for a Hojo DQ was $69.99. I could have stayed at the Sheraton across the street for $80. We decided to stay at the Hojo, because they had breakfast...which isn't worth it. Don't stay here, pay the extra money and buy a box of cereal. This hotel was old, dirty, noisy, and not worth the rate. If we paid $45, then I would be more understanding. We couldn't sleep, because of the highway noise (right on I-30 and traffic does not stop). The bathroom still had hairs on the floor and smelled of urine. The coffee pot had a moldy filter. The carpet had stains and needed to be vacuumed. The frig was dirty. The remote to the TV didn't work and there wasn't any room for luggage.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family