Howard Johnson Express Inn - Arlington Ballpark / Six Flags
Ranked #21 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Sweetwater, Texas
“Excellent stay!!!”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend getaway. It was better than I had expected actually. Great price. Very nice, very clean, very comfortable room! The staff was super nice and very helpful considering I had a sprained ankle, tried to make my stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. The AC worked so well, I actually got cold! I love this hotel, and was so satisfied that I booked another weekend trip to go back in July!! Great price, great location!! I HIGHLY recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
hojo2053, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn - Arlington Ballpark / Six Flags, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you for you time and comments. We at Howard Johnson take pride in our establishment and were happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations.
We also thank you for choosing Howard Johnson again for your trip in July are looking forward for your visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Windermere, Florida
Reviewed June 1, 2012

The Howard Johnson Express is located in a very convenient location for attending either a Dallas Cowboys or Texas Rangers game. You can walk to either stadium and save on any parking fees, since it is free at the hotel. The hotel itself is a Howard Johnson express, so don't expect the 5-star amenities or service you'd find elsewhere. True, you could stay at the other hotels near the stadium that are of a higher class, but it will cost you much more than what they are worth. I've stayed at others, but choose this hotel for what it provides.

The room is large enough, and had no issues with noise or the quality of sleep. When I checked in late at night, the clerk was helpful and quick. He provided details on the different transportation options to go to the Rangers ballpark and how long it would take to walk.

The internet is free and fairly quick. There is a free continental breakfast with the option to make your own waffles. While there is not a lot of space, the turnaround was quick so was not an issue finding a table.

I would recommend this hotel for both business and pleasure, since it is located along a major interstate and is easy to navigate.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
We appreciate your comments and the time you took to write about us. We were glad to hear that we were able to make your stay at Howard Johnson Comfortable and you liked the Hotel.
We will share your comments with our staff and this will be very motivating for them.
we thank you once again and will look forward for your visit to our Hotel in future.
arlington tx
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Arrived and checked in after LONG wait in lobby with lots of other people who had to wait also. There was one staff member on duty to handle people waiting to check in, plus was having to answer the constant ringing of the telephone. (She was doing the best she could.) Went up to the room, and it was hot, set the A/C to cool room down while we went out. Arrived back at room about 10PM STILL HOT...went down to desk and they offer a fan..WHAT? I thought I paid for air conditioning.
When I called hotel two days later to discuss this issue... (manager was not there on the weekend, had to wait to call on a Monday), I talked to a desk clerk, who talked to the manager, manager would not even speak to me personally about this issue. All they would do is give me $12.40 off my room...very miserable night. Totally not acceptable..

Room Tip: Look for some other hotel.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank WallyTX
hojo2053, Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn - Arlington Ballpark / Six Flags, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
We do regret the inconvenience you had regarding the Air Conditioner not being up to your expectations.
We did check the A/C and found it was set at 66 and was working fine and when we lowered the temp. to 62 it did cool down the room and it blew at 62.
There is no excuse for the good service and that is why when you complaint about the A/C not being to your liking we took 20% off your room rate.
We do take pride in our establishemnt and strive hard to make every guest comfortable according to there needs.

Management.

Travelers are raving about these Arlington hotels

Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This hotel is perfect for anyone on a budget, It was very clean the towels were nice and fluffy. The staff was really nice. We had a great view from our balcony of Six Flags as well as the Cowboys stadium. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Six Flags Over Texas. It is right there and the rooms were really nice to. Plus the breakfast was good and the waffles were shaped like Texas which was awesome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing six flags.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed March 17, 2012

They charged double for my stay and wouldnt refund it back. i asked to talk to a manager and they told me he was out of town. the bank said they could credit it back but the desk clerk said they couldnt fax a letter because it was against company policy. Combined with my 2 teenagers were trapped in the elevator for about 45 minutes.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sandrac877
hojo2053, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn - Arlington Ballpark / Six Flags, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
we do regret for the inconvenience you had regarding the elevator getting stuck on ground floor and did not respond to the buttons. We do have Kone as our service provider and they came the same night and checked the elevator.
We did our best to get your daughters out of the elevators as quick as possible.
As far as the question of you being charged twice is not correct. We have just one charge on our system and the reason we cannot issue you a letter is that if we do, the charge code that we have on our side would be reverted back.
I am amsuming that the card you used is a debit card and the two charges you are seeing on your statement is a hold on the account which should be released as per your bank policy.
We do take pride in our establishment and service and we do appreciate you comments .
We made sure that we did not charge your room twice. We are here to help you and answer any of your questions. Hopefully you will see the release on you account as per you bank policy.
Thank you.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed March 12, 2012

There are two really good things about this motel: 1. It is a fairly decent motel at a very cheap price! 2. It is extremely close to Six Flags, the Rangers Ballpark, Cowboys Stadium, and a Walmart. If location were everything, this place would be gold. If you have a little bit more money stay at the Sheraton, it is less than a block away. Other than location, the place is an average motel. There is computer access in the lobby, a small breakfast in the morning, a swimming pool, and a restaurant in the back parking lot. The room looked comfortable but did not feel clean to me. This was confirmed when my husband and I saw a spider web in the corner of the ceiling above the shower in the bathroom. Also, the motel is in such close proximity to the interstate that the trucks are quietly heard throughout the day and night. It did not bother us because we are heavy sleepers but I know light sleepers would be very disturbed. Overall, it is average...or a little below average...but the location is great! We were traveling on a budget and decided to take the chance on a motel we were sure was quite average and it was just that.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Kingwood, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 7, 2012

The towels and sheets were wore out and they itched. I would say the thread count was a 2 at most.

I was to stay on a Saturday and Sunday but changed my reservations to a Monday stay only. Not only was I charged for the Monday night stay but a $48.00 cancellation fee and $1.50 safe usage fee was tagged on to my credit card. I've been told that Ansul Singsal the owner would call me back to discuss the 48.00 fee. I have yet to hear from him. There'e nicer hotels in the area for $10.00 more its worth the extra money not to stay at this hotel...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
hojo2053, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn - Arlington Ballpark / Six Flags, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
Hello Mr. Robert.
I am very sorry for the inconvenience you had regarding your reservation. We did look into the reservation you had made for arrival on 3rd March for 02 nights.We have no records as this reservation was called in to be modified. But if you can provide me with a time line as to when you called and who did you talk to I might be able to get more infomation regarding the same.
Also When you checked in on the 5th March you never asked for your reservation rather you came in and checked in without mentioning that you have a reservation.
I will be willing to look into the issue regarding you r reservation if you can provide me with a time you called in to change yourr reservation and who did you talk to.

Anshul Singhal