Howard Johnson Express Inn - Arlington Ballpark / Six Flags
Ranked #23 of 61 Hotels in Arlington
Providence, Rhode Island
“Awesome Cheep Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

This hotel is perfect for anyone on a budget, It was very clean the towels were nice and fluffy. The staff was really nice. We had a great view from our balcony of Six Flags as well as the Cowboys stadium. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Six Flags Over Texas. It is right there and the rooms were really nice to. Plus the breakfast was good and the waffles were shaped like Texas which was awesome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing six flags.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Amarillo, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

They charged double for my stay and wouldnt refund it back. i asked to talk to a manager and they told me he was out of town. the bank said they could credit it back but the desk clerk said they couldnt fax a letter because it was against company policy. Combined with my 2 teenagers were trapped in the elevator for about 45 minutes.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sandra c
hojo2053, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn - Arlington Ballpark / Six Flags, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
we do regret for the inconvenience you had regarding the elevator getting stuck on ground floor and did not respond to the buttons. We do have Kone as our service provider and they came the same night and checked the elevator.
We did our best to get your daughters out of the elevators as quick as possible.
As far as the question of you being charged twice is not correct. We have just one charge on our system and the reason we cannot issue you a letter is that if we do, the charge code that we have on our side would be reverted back.
I am amsuming that the card you used is a debit card and the two charges you are seeing on your statement is a hold on the account which should be released as per your bank policy.
We do take pride in our establishment and service and we do appreciate you comments .
We made sure that we did not charge your room twice. We are here to help you and answer any of your questions. Hopefully you will see the release on you account as per you bank policy.
Thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Arlington hotels

Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

There are two really good things about this motel: 1. It is a fairly decent motel at a very cheap price! 2. It is extremely close to Six Flags, the Rangers Ballpark, Cowboys Stadium, and a Walmart. If location were everything, this place would be gold. If you have a little bit more money stay at the Sheraton, it is less than a block away. Other than location, the place is an average motel. There is computer access in the lobby, a small breakfast in the morning, a swimming pool, and a restaurant in the back parking lot. The room looked comfortable but did not feel clean to me. This was confirmed when my husband and I saw a spider web in the corner of the ceiling above the shower in the bathroom. Also, the motel is in such close proximity to the interstate that the trucks are quietly heard throughout the day and night. It did not bother us because we are heavy sleepers but I know light sleepers would be very disturbed. Overall, it is average...or a little below average...but the location is great! We were traveling on a budget and decided to take the chance on a motel we were sure was quite average and it was just that.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kingwood, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

The towels and sheets were wore out and they itched. I would say the thread count was a 2 at most.

I was to stay on a Saturday and Sunday but changed my reservations to a Monday stay only. Not only was I charged for the Monday night stay but a $48.00 cancellation fee and $1.50 safe usage fee was tagged on to my credit card. I've been told that Ansul Singsal the owner would call me back to discuss the 48.00 fee. I have yet to hear from him. There'e nicer hotels in the area for $10.00 more its worth the extra money not to stay at this hotel...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
hojo2053, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn - Arlington Ballpark / Six Flags, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
Hello Mr. Robert.
I am very sorry for the inconvenience you had regarding your reservation. We did look into the reservation you had made for arrival on 3rd March for 02 nights.We have no records as this reservation was called in to be modified. But if you can provide me with a time line as to when you called and who did you talk to I might be able to get more infomation regarding the same.
Also When you checked in on the 5th March you never asked for your reservation rather you came in and checked in without mentioning that you have a reservation.
I will be willing to look into the issue regarding you r reservation if you can provide me with a time you called in to change yourr reservation and who did you talk to.

Anshul Singhal
Howard Johnson
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

Monday night stay. Non-smoking room with king bed. Excellent room rate with AARP card at $40 for two adults. Bed was very comfortable. It was a cold night and the heater worked great and kept the room warm. Nice flat screen tv. Lots of parking in the front and back. Guests were pretty much non-existant on this night stay. The hotel is older and has gone through several name changes over the years. Don't let that fool you. Not many hotels where you can find this rate and still be nice. Excellent location for Six Flags, the Ballpark and Cowboys Stadium. Sits right in front of Six Flags on I-30.

Room Tip: Affordable night stay.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Stayed here for a Cowboys Game in November and was very pleased. Had a room with two full beds on the pool side and it was clean and quiet. The room was spacious and the TV was great. The clerk recommended a taxi to the game and it was only $6.00 a piece and well worth it as we were dropped off right in front of the stadium. We walked back as the weather was fantastic and it only took us about 40 mins. The front desk staff was courteous and very helpful. Would stay here again and recommend it to anyone not looking for a high end hotel, but a comfortable bed and a good night's sleep. Very close (could see these parks) to Six Flags, Ranger Stadium and Water Works.

Room Tip: rooms are quieter on the pool side in the middle of the hallway
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

I've lived in Arlington my entire life. The Howard Johnson has always been there, but of course I never needed a hotel. That all changed when I moved out of state. I returned for my high school reunion and was looking for a place near my friend's house, my Arlington office and the Sheraton. The ol' HoJo was perfect. Certainly nothing fancy, but the room was clean and the staff was super nice. When I checked in, the front desk woman told me everything I needed to know. When I left an hour or so later, the same woman saw me leaving and called out that she'd just made a fresh pot of coffee if I wanted a cup to go. How nice. The dead-of-night guy on duty was also very nice. I was closing my Arlington office at the same time, so I was making several very late night trips back and forth with computer equipment. The night guy opened a normally locked door for me to facilitate my comings and goings even offering to help me carry stuff to my room. And no, he wasn't hitting on me. Just being nice. The location is in the heart of Arlington's entertainment district with two great restaurants next door. Several people on this site have commented on the highway noise. Just ask for an EVEN number room. The odd numbers are on the highway side. The even numbers are on the opposite side. You shouldn't hear anything from those rooms. I would definitely stay here again. If you're on a budget and aren't looking for fancy, then give this hotel a try.

Room Tip: The even number rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business