“New and pretty rooms”

Ranked #28 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Shawnee, Kansas
“New and pretty rooms”
Reviewed March 3, 2011

This hotel is about one year old and is decorated very nicely. We liked the mattress, but thought the sheets smelled funny and weren't as soft and comfy as some other Marriott's. We heard people in the hall during the night on two occasions and tried to turn the fan on the a/c, furnace on to run continually. But it kept shutting off and wouldn't stay on to drown out the noisy in the hall. We called to the front desk and asked about how to keep the fan on and they said you couldn't keep it on. We asked if they had any fans we could use to help block out the hall noise and they didn't. It was a very nice day and evening. We wanted to sit on our large balcony, but couldn't because they don't have any furniture on them.
The next morning, I called the front desk and asked if they could suggest a restaurant which has breakfast like Panera Bread Co. or Atlanta Bread Co. He said he didn't know any, but would ask around and call me back. He NEVER called me back. When we got into the car and put restaurants in the Nuvi it listed both a Panera and Atlanta Bread within 10 minutes. The pool area and patio outside are very nice. I would suggest staying at the Residence Inn next door. Probably wouldn't stay here again because we found it noisy and the Residence Inn is much nice for not much more money.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CharlieKansasCity

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
san antonio,tx
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Last time in Dallas, stayed at the Mansion, but a far drive to Cowboys Stadium in Hwy traffic from Dallas or Ft. Worth, this time looking for something along the lines of less driving time and focused in Arlington at the Courtyard South. The area around Hotel is great, Costco, Theatre, Bowling, restaurants and shopping all within a few seconds drive. The Hotel is spanking brand new, the staff is extremely friendly and housekeeping is doing a great job in keeping up the place. The rooms were CLEAN and all was in order as expected for a frequent Marriott member. The walls in teh rooms are adequate as I could not hear any of our 'neighbor's...couldn't hear car traffic, it was a very enjoyable and relaxing stay for us. The Lobby area and Bistro area are clean and appear to be utilized minimal at best, but great to have options I always say.
Highly recommend and would visit them in a heart beat if looking for closeness to Cowboy Stadium.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank edjd
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed November 5, 2010

Our experience at this hotel was outstanding. Everything about this hotel was clean and updated. The staff was very helpful and accomodating. It is located close to shopping, dining and the ballpark. We will for sure stay at this hotel the next time we are in Arlington and will highly recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I booked this hotel for some of my family/friends who came to town for my wedding. Our wedding reception was also held at the hotel. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. All of my family and friends were extremely pleased with the accomodations. The reception room was very nice and the hotel staff went well above what I have ever seen at any hotel in terms of making sure that all of our expectations were not only met but exceeded. Specifically the manager Meridith and the front desk(Stephanie) were the best! As a business owner who stays in hotels across the country, I have to say this one is one of the best!

• Stayed May 2010
Maplewood, New Jersey
Reviewed July 17, 2010

We stayed here while attending a wedding. We were also celebrating our 4th Wedding Anniversary during our stay. First of all this place is new and what a difference that makes. Everything was immaculate! The fresh baked cookies at the front desk, internet, indoor whirlpool, outdoor pool, outdoor fire pit, outdoor lounge area, exercise room, free shuttle(within 5 mile radius), and convenient bistro, definately placed this hotel among some of the best. It's only 4 stories but packed with pleasant ammenities. I would surely stay here again. Also the hotel staff and shuttle drivers were extremely pleasant. I was pleasantly surprised with the tasty selections from the bistro.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Serena C, Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington South, responded to this review, November 24, 2014
Good morning, I'd like to say thank you for your kind words about our hotel. I guess it was lucky for us that the other hotel was over booked. I hope if your plans every bring you back to Arlington you will look at staying at our hotel again. Thank you and have a wonderful day
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed April 24, 2010

I loved this hotel! The decor in the room was very stylish with a separate sitting area and interesting design. I found the room to be very well equipped for working and comfortable for relaxing too. I really appreciated the "bistro" cafe downstairs - it was great to be able to get a fresh salad or sandwich and take back to my room. Service staff was very friendly as well.

Only change that I would make would be to have a safe in the room for securing valuables/PC.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Houston
Reviewed October 16, 2009

The rooms were really nice and spacious. We did have to call to have our bathroom cleaned but it was done quickly and they even gave us a gift certificate for our troubles. They were very friendly. The beds were comfortable. Overall, I was very pleased.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple