“Outstanding Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 61 Hotels in Arlington
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Outstanding Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Planning a party from 2000 miles away is a challenge, but Courtyard made it easy for me. (We had 6 family members with birthdays and an anniversary to celebrate while I was in town.) Since I was the only one coming from out of town, I booked a room at the Courtyard and had the other family members meet me there for a pizza party with birthday cake, ice cream and presents. The front desk staff was so helpful with where to set up, who to call for pizza, directing the guests and even cleanup. This was my second time staying at this particular location and I will definitely be going back when I visit Arlington again. This event was effortless!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kane K, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington South, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words of the hotel and thank you for choosing our hotel for your celebrations. I'm glad you had the chance to spend such great times with family and friends. I will certainly pass on the nice words to the staff and let them know. Thank you and please let us know next time you are coming to Arlington. Have a wonderful day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Rochester, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This property offers the updated Courtyard brand lobby and reception area. This design works well for business travelers but one big shortfall is the Airline check-in PC's in the lobby do not support any of the major browser options and I was unable to check in for my flight or print my boarding pass. I did not have this problem at recent stays at Residence Inn so not sure what's up with this property and their choice of internet provider. This is a major deterrant to my selection of Courtyard for upcoming business travel. Other than that inconvenience, the room was very nice and as you would expect from Courtyard. The breakfast offerings were also very good

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Saint Landry, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband recently made a trip to Fort Worth and were going to stay at the Courtyard, but when I called and talked with desk clerk, he told me that there was a handicap room available and the rate was $119. I told him my husband was disabled veteran and he said that the rate for the room would be much higher because their government rates ran higher. My husband and I have been to several motels and NEVER has the rate ever been higher much less much higher. We were tired and decided we would just go ahead and stay, but then when I asked if we could reserve the room, he said no I would have to hang up and call the reservation line. Needless to say. we ended up going to another hotel which was the best thing that we could have done. This is why I rate this hotel one star.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JebDeb A
Kane K, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington South, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Good afternoon, I am very sorry you felt like the front desk clerk was not helpful. He was correct in what he said as the Per Diem rates for Government and Military is set by the Gov, not us. The rate they have set for our county is $139 per night. This is the rate that Gov employees, officials and military pay. On certain days we have our rates lower than what the Gov Per Diam is and on those days we are going to offer you the best rate available.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Very nice place, very nice rooms, unfortunately no complimentary breakfast, but all in all nice hotel, surrounded by tons of shopping places including the Parks mall. The only problem it was a little hard to find but there was a nice pool outside, hot tub inside, exercise room, wifi, and another area you could sit and smoke or have an enjoying conversation.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Kane K, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington South, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Good morning and Thank You for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Arlington South. Thank you for the kind words about the hotel and you are correct we have plenty of shopping in the area. I'm not sure you got to all of the shopping at the Parks Mall, Arlington Highlands and the Outlet Mall just a couple miles away. If you did then great job, if you missed any of them it gives you an opportunity next time in town. Again, thank you for staying with us and have a wonderful day.
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had our onstar service book this hotel for us because we were looking for a jacuzzi tub in the room & had no way of searching since we were on the road. Well I want you to know how well your employees spoke to our onstar rep & us. She had to answer several questions twice. Once for onstar & once for me & never seemed annoyed to repeat herself. The room was beyond comfortable & very affordable. Because of the way we were treated we will come back to this hotel every time we are the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. The hotel was clean & like I said earlier the staff went above & beyond for us.

Room Tip: They offer 2 jacuzzi rooms, ours was a 1 bedroom with a balcony. The room was huge & our price w...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Weazy123
Kane K, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington South, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Good morning and thank you very much for your comments on Tripadvisor. We appriciate the feedback and letting others know about our hotel. I am glad to hear that you will be joining us again when in the Arlington area. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again. Safe travels.
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The staff, particularly Jose at the front desk, made our 4 day stay a pleasant one. The hotel features clean rooms and a great location with restaurants and shopping nearby. The hotel bistro met our needs for light breakfast, coffee and snacks. Full dining options abound within the immediate area. We found authentic Texas hospitality and courteous service to all our inquiries from check in to check out. Internet was readily availible for directions and printing boarding passes. The pool and adjacent courtyard area was kept clean and nicely landscaped. We would definately stay here again for our next family wedding or visit.

Room Tip: You may prefer second floor rooms facing the street and parking. They were quiet and our car stayed...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kane K, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington South, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Good afternoon. I wanted to say thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We always appreciate any feedback we can get and it is very nice to see one that says such good things about the hotel. I have printed out a copy and given it to Jose to let him know that what he does really touches our guests. Thank you for the feedback and I hope to see you again at our hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a wedding and were very pleased with our stay! The hotel was very clean, modern and relaxing. It was located very close to a shopping area and multiple restaurants. But what made our stay truly wonderful was the genuine and friendly staff who went out of their way to get us checked-in early, help us find a good place to grab a late lunch, and provided complimentary transportation to and from the wedding. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kane K, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington South, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Good morning, thank you very much for leaving us such nice feedback on Trip Advisor. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for staying and hope to see you again.