“Great Hotel, Great Staff”

Holiday Inn Arlington
Ranked #4 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Hotel, Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2011

From start to finish all the details of our stay were top notch.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2010

Stayed at this Holiday Inn because it was near Cowboys Stadium and we were going to the Halloween day game vs. Jacksonville (10/31/2010).
At check-in (Sat 30 Oct around 5PM) there were two people at the desk, a male and a female. The male was checking in another guest and the female was inputting info into the front desk computer. She did not acknowledge me, and after a few minutes I asked to be checked in. She grunted something and continued to "do something" on the computer. I asked again and she said angrily, "You'll have to wait and let him check you in, I'm busy". With her being at the check-in desk I would assume checking in guests would be her priority. I guess I was wrong. I would suggest that the hotel management do some retraining for this employee (and others) on how to project a better image to future customers.
To the upside: The hotel was very busy this weekend because the Rangers were playing at home in the World Series so the hotel atmosphere was buzzing with professional sports fans.
The room and grounds were well maintained for the two days we stayed there. I had noticed several broken beer bottles in the hotel parking lot as we left to go eat dinner and they were cleaned up by the time we got back (about two hours later).
The hotel has an indoor pool that is pretty warm and a small spa that sits 7. My son enjoyed flopping in the pool and spa!!
The hotel is a fairly easy walk to Cowboys stadium (about 1 mile) with sidewalks all way. There are many restaurants between the hotel and the stadium (hooters, coulters BBQ, buffalo wild wings and several fast food options). I would suggest staying at this hotel and walking. Locations around the stadium charge $35-$55 to park and there are only a couple more hotel options within walking distance (Economy Lodge & Days Inn). But from what I saw the Holiday Inn looks way better than the others from the outside.
They are also building an IHOP adjacent to the Holiday Inn. Not sure how long before it opens.

• Stayed October 2010
3 Thank GetYouSome
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

This is a great hotel for people planning to go to Six Flags. It had a friendly staff and the rooms were your basic hotel room. We weren't in the hotel much but to sleep so it's a great hotel for people not planning on being indoors too much.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank jlee0610
Atlantic City, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

Pros:
Staff is really terrific.
Within walking distance of Texas Stadium, which was awesome for the game.
The Sporting News Grill in the hotel is a great sports bar, we loved it.
Room was clean when we got there, and believe me I checked everything!
42in flat screen in room was a really nice touch.
Location couldn't be beat, and while some complained of the construction in front of the hotel, it really isn't a big deal. It doesn't obstruct the hotel and the driveway is clearly visible. I don't understand that complaint.
The mattress was amazing.
You can tell it is a newer hotel, which I liked.
Cons:
The walls are thin. We were lucky we had quiet neighbors and no problems, but we could tell if someone was loud we would've heard everything.
They did not change the sheets during our visit. I marked the sheet so I could tell.
I got the jacuzzi suite because of the photos on the website. They were misleading. The room was nice, but not at all like the photo, and the jacuzzi was the smallest I have ever seen! I couldn't stretch out in it and I am 5ft3!!
Our room was on the first floor, so the drapes had to stay closed always or anyone walking in the parking lot could see our entire room.
The bathroom was very clean, but also very small.
Oh, and the website says there is complimentary bottled water and satellite tv in the room, but there wasn't.

All in all, it was not a bad place to stay, and if I wasn't expecting so much due to the photos and descriptions on their website, I probably would've been happier. I would probably stay here again, just because it was great to be able to walk to the game, but I do feel mislead by their website.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank col6064
LUBBOCK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2010

This hotel is new has a modern feel to it.I was looking forward to a nice quite night.Much to my surprise walls are very thin could hear kids,mom's yelling from room next door.Found bed not to be as comfrotable as other Holiday inn express beds.If you don't want a nice quite night stay here.I went off season but can only imagine what it would be like in the peak of summer with lots ok kids traveling.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
GatorsMom1030
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2010

I took my husband to the Dallas - Philly 1/3/10 game. I booked with this hotel based on previous reviews here on trip advisor and for the fact that it was fairly close to the stadium (walking distance in case we had to walk- which we did.)
When I called to book the only option I got was a Romance package. They would not honor Triple A like they said they would when I called with questions before I booked. They would not match Travelocity rate either. So this package was $200+ a night that included a bottle of champagne and chocolates, free breakfast either at the Grill (their restaurant) or room serviced in each morning, and a late check out time of 2 pm the day of your departure.
So cosmetically speaking, the hotel is nice and still fairly new. But nothing fancy and worth 200+ a night! Yes, the room was big with a big LCD TV that was not in HDTV! Regular cable hook up.... so what is the point of having that big nice tv? The champagne and chocolates were not in the room so we had to call......and we had to call 5 TIMES to get it to show up.... it finally showed up at about 9 pm! The next morning housekeeping was knocking on the door at 8:30 am!!! We ordered breakfast as room service. We could order anything off the menu, which was nice, but they messed up our order and the food is just OK. We got ready for the game....We were told when we checked in that the shuttles to the game were full (first come first serve to sign up- 2 shuttles holds roughly 30 a piece) but that their regular shuttle would take us to a restaurant close to the stadium and we can walk the rest of the way. We came down to front desk about 2 hrs before the game and we were told this shuttle had stopped! They said that we were better off walking due to traffic. The staff was pretty friendly and we were better off walking- got to the stadium in 15 minutes. The hotel is off a highway with a bunch of construction going on!
So, I also only booked two days (we stayed in texas for 3 days) figuring I add a extra day and the rate would drop after the game...they only said the rate would drop to 170.....not worth it!!! Nice staff but very disfunctional! So I look on trip advisor and we headed to comfort Suites down the road who beat travelocity's price for the night 84.00! Totally worth it! just as nice ( a little smaller of a place in general) but rooms were nicer, bed more comfy, still with a big flatscreen tv, and a FREE hot breakfast the next day!

P.S. when we checked out at Holiday INN they never asked us how our stay was,tried to charge me for a breakfast, and when I got home ( Albany, NY) I noticed they had charged an additional $150 for another night (which I did not book!) I also left a message for the manager about my stay and left my number...no one called me back. And I warned them I would post my stay here on trip advisor!!

I depend greatly on trip advisor and reviews when finding a place to stay. This place is way too overpriced and extremely dysfunctional. You can find another place that is a better bang for your buck!! Keep looking!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2010

Arrived on Saturday to see Cowboys-Eagles Wild Card playoff game and this previously well rated hotel seemed to be close to the Dallas Cowboys stadium.
Despite the already mentioned and still ongoing difficulty navigating to the hotel site due to LOTS of road construction around its location on the north side of I-30 two blocks east of N Collins; the place is situated well for access to stadium - about a 10 block or 1 mile walk which we did in about 20 minutes, way better than paying $75+ stadium parking fee or Holiday Inn $15 charge per person for shuttle ride to stadium.
Staff was friendly, directing us past the frozen pipe break causing front door to be shutdown due to slipping danger, entrance was thru the side via the Sporting News Grill.
No problem checking in, and our Internet direct best event rate while almost double the normal rate was only beat by the numerous armed forces personnel staying there at a lower government rate -- and we felt very secure with so many military dressed out around us.
Sadly, indoor heated pool and jacuzzi area was closed, apparently as another victim of pipe break water damage. Asked for a copy of local daily paper -- no luck, none are complimentary on weekends (USA Today during the week) and told there was no store on premises, we were directed to the nearest service station 1/2 mile away.
Room was adequate; clean with a nice LCD TV. Strangely the pillows are smallest we have ever seen in all of our travels and were uniquely wrapped with a cloth label as being either hard or soft, and nothing in between. Bathroom had normal small bars of soap, yet surprisingly thin towels and shampoo yet no conditioner, as a bonus there was also a 1 cup coffee maker -- so better not want more. My son commented perhaps the decorator was done by a midget - and it seemed to make sense in a funny way.
The game was fantastic for Cowboy fans as they broke a 13 year playoff losing streak, and we arrived back on our walk from the game just as the hotel shuttle did -- post game traffic looked terribly heavy and we were told by the Eagles fans getting off that the pickup and drop off spot at the stadium left them a long walk anyway.
It was nice to grab some drinks at the Grill, we passed on eating the food as we heard from other guests that the food was only fair.
Check-out was frustrating, nobody at the desk for several minutes, saw some staffer and asked -- told to wait a few minutes and someone would show up. We just left exasperated at the poor staffing for a big event.
While we might use this hotel again for its location, still our expectations of getting a top hotel in Arlington were broken as we hoped to find a gem of a place to stay in Arlington and felt we found a fake imitation instead.
Your experience may vary . . .

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family