“Good hotel with comfortable rooms and quick access to major freeways”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Arlington Near Six Flags
Ranked #19 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Houston, Texas
“Good hotel with comfortable rooms and quick access to major freeways”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel two nights with my Marriott Reward points. Despite some construction that was going on in the parking lot of the hotel, the accommodations were good - comfortable rooms and free breakfast. We arrived very late on Friday night, but the hotel staff was nice and welcoming. The hotel is situated with easy access to I-30 and, although we did not go there, six flags is just 5 minutes away. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if there was a need.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
shreveport
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This place was wonderful! front desk was great,The room was great for the price. breakfast was better than most around six flags(we've tried a few) trolly service to six flags was on time and friendly.They were remodeling the first floor but it was no incovience to us. My daughter loved the fact she could see the coasters from the pool. overall a nice stay. We'll def be back

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tulsa, OK
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Ideal location for Six Flags over Texas. There was a free trolley, so we didn't have to pay for parking at Six Flags. Their website is arlingtontrolleydotcom.The beds were super comfortable. We arrived very late, and the first night there was a strong smell of marijuana coming from the room next to us. The next night, they must've left because there wasn't any scent left of it. The beds were extremely comfortable. I would definitely stay here again. I know we could've reported the smell to get it checked out..so I don't discredit the hotel. There are people everywhere that will go against the hotel policies. I know we could've easily moved because we originally had a room with a king bed plus rollaway, and they offered to move us to a room with two beds. The staff there upon checkin was so friendly and helpful. The view of our room was a parking lot..didn't bother us since we weren't in our rooms much except to sleep. The continental breakfast was great...waffles, boiled eggs, yogurt, granola bars, fruit, cereal, lots to choose from. When you stay at a upper end hotel, you're going to be paying a lot for breakfast..so the free breakfast each morning was nice. We got a flat tire upon checkout, and the staff was very helpful. We got it taken care of ourselves, but they gave us all bottled water while we were outside in the sun.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank smmarvel
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My spouse and I stayed at this hotel one night with Marriott Rewards points so that we didn't have to drive 200 miles back home after an evening wedding in Mansfield, TX.

We picked it from the few close by hotels that "cost" lower points. We did pick a hotel that cost 10000 points over one with 7500 points, but I now think it would have been better to save the extra points. I don't think we would have noticed a difference.

Check-in/out were perfectly fine and the hotel staff was fine.

They are remodeling the breakfast area so it was served in a little room and the dining area down the hall. I just ended up taking it up to my room. They still had the normal faire: make your own waffles, bagels, muffins, cereal, cupped fruit, coffee (decent), and other little treats.

The location would be ideal for visiting Six Flags. We could literally hear and see the coasters outside our window.

The room was clean and pleasant enough and considering the horrible issues I had with the toilets at the last Fairfield Inn I stayed at, I was pleased with the working plumbing and shower head. I generally HATE hotel beds (read my other reviews if you don't believe me), but this was decently comfortable throughout the night. It is a very soft matress, which I love.

Overall it was just fine with no major thrills, special treatment, issues or problems.

Room Tip: There is a side of the hotel that faces the park/highway. This is probably the noisier side of the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Coley67
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed January 19, 2012

The employees were super accommodating. The rooms were small for the price, but clean. The building is also under construction but in a great location.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn Arlington for one night in October, 2011. Upon arriving the lady at the front desk had fresh cookies and bottled water for us and was super helpful directing us to our assigned parking lot for the BYU/TCU game at Cowboy Stadium (4 minute drive).

The hotel room was clean and comfortable and the free wi-fi worked well.

The breakfast was something else. Usually a free breakfast includes bagels, toast, cereal, milk, fruit juice and maybe a waffle maker. The Fairfield Inn had all that plus fruit cups, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, oatmeal, danishes, and three different breakfast sandwiches you could heat in the microwave. It definitely filled us up. Then the nice lady at the front desk offered us bottles of water for the road. This hotel only had 2.5 stars on hotels.com, but my wife and I agree that it deserved more.

We didn't even use the pool, fitness center, meeting room, or stadium/amusement park shuttle.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Thornell
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2011

stayed for two nights and found the hotel to be clean, comfy and in a good location (rollercoasters just the other side of the freeway) Breakfast was better than many "chain" hotels, so a good start to the day before hopping on the free trolley service to the
entrance of six flags over texas. Lots of restaurants within a short walk (Saltgrass Steakhouse was our favourite!)
Easy drive to Dallas or Fort Worth and a very short drive to the airport. Would stay again
if I return to this area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple