“Great location”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Arlington
Ranked #30 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Here for Cowboys game. Convenient located about 1.5 mile away from Texas Rangers and AT&T Stadium. Rooms are clean, staff friendly and attentive. Breakfast hot and ready each morning. We missed it but during week us a managers reception. Prices vary with events. Overall good stay.

• Stayed: November 2013
Rachel M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind statements about the staff and the hotel. I will pass this information on to them as well as make sure we continue to deliver great service guests love

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Arlington

Reviewed November 2, 2013

The lobby is nice. The breakfast was in a restaurant that was a sports bar, with nice decor and good food. The hallways are nice. The room ok. I had a king suite. hardly a suite. but there is a sep. sitting area. Nothing special.
The sheets are old, The towels thin, Overal nice, but for 200 dollars a night no bargain for a chain hotel. It is near the sports and six flags. Dallas is as ugly as ugly can be. Not a tree or flowering plant along the endless well kept freeways. Nothing but food places, chain stores, and shopping. Was here for a special event, and to see friends. Otherwise would not ever come here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Got a less that friendly welcome upon arrival. The rather harried woman behind the front desk has to answer the phones and deal with a lot of other stuff and checking guests in is something they get to when they have time. We tried to check in around 130, but was told the room woudln't be available until after 3pm. We came back around 6ish and all was good.

We sought out this hotel specificaly because of its proximity to Cowboys Stadium. It is walkable, but a rather long walk, probably about a mile and a half to two miles. The hotel has a shutte service that they offer on game days that works perfectly. If you're attending a Rangers game it drops you almost at the door. Otherwise for Cowboys Stadium the dropoff point at the Arlingont Vistors Center is about a half-mile walk to the Stadium, but still closer than some of the Stadium's parking lots. Parking is readily available near the stadium for about 40 to 50 dollars depending on the event and you'll still have a long walk to the stadium entrance.

Hotel itself is typical Holiday Inn Express. Basic, spartan but functional. As other reviewers have noted, the breakfast isn't going to win any awards for healthy dining.

Would never seek out this hotel as a destination but if I were to return for an event at Cowboy's Stadium would definitey return. No complaints and you can book this place confidently if your reason for visiting the area is an event at either Rangers Stadium or Cowboys Stadium.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Frqflier
Rachel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

I do apologize for the issue you had at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. The staff and I do strive to make every guest comfortable while they are with us. During your next visit be sure to ask the breakfast attendant to point out the smart choices on the breakfast bar.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

The rooms here are really sizable. Carpeting could probably use some updating. The bed was really comfortable. Was it worth the cost of our stay? Probably not...but we were staying there to be close to the stadium, so that's a lot of what you're paying for. What's funny...I read reviews of the hotel and many people commented on the eggs at breakfast. I thought this was just people complaining to complain...uh, no. The eggs are literally the worst eggs ever. The rest of the breakfast was pretty good, but heaven help you if you want something remotely healthy. All in all, I think I'd rate the hotel higher if I paid less, but average is about where it ranks for the cost.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank cdbasu

Thank you for your comments in regards to our hotel and breakfast. We will bring this up with our management company and let them know about your comments and concerns. Thank you for your loyalty to the IHG Brands and Holiday Inn Express.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had been traveling all day and could only dream of a bath and a good bed. My GPS kept telling me it was just off the major hwy, when it was really down more than a winding block. When I arrived the one desk clerk was being overwhelmed with one man and all his needs. I stood, moved around, sat in a chair, up again, didn't want to butt in. The lady clerk never gave me a nod, made eye contact or said, be with you in a moment. Then a young man employee went behind the desk and seemed to know his business and I ask him if he could check me in. He said yes. Why didn't he ask me if he could help me? He found my reservation and it was not as requested. (I have 30" of incisions across my body, can't lift luggage upstairs.) He had to find me another room and did!. Good bed, clean room it was all good. They didn't tell me how to log on to their internet, but I found the code the next morning when turning in my key card. Too late. Some employees just don't have the gift of service. Holiday Inn should tweek that training. Also the next morning, desk folks directed me to the Convention Center. The roads to the center turned out to be blocked from 3 sides and I had to wonder around the area and got to my destination 30 min late. It was due to a Texas Rangers Baseball game at the adjacent stadium! Maybe, just maybe the folks at the desk could have warned me about game days and how to get around their area. If you just want a clean room, good bed, and full on hot breakfast, this is a good place.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Rachel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post comments about your recent stay. I deeply apologize for the inconveience you encountered with the staff and room. We do utilize these comments to further improve our operations and I have met with my team to discuss how these inconveiences affect our guest ! I certainly hope there will be another chance to provide a more comfortable stay for you in the future.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed here, like others, because it was close to the cowboys stadium. Front desk was efficient, though not overly friendly. I asked for and received directions to a mall and was directed in the "general area" though it was not as easy to find as they said it would be.

Rooms:
we had 2 queen sized beds in our room, which were comfortable if a little soft. Pillows were adequate. The bathroom was tiny, really small. No real counter space around the sink and no way to enter that room if someone else was in there..definitely a one person space. TV was large and worked well. We had a view of the parking lot directly over the primary entrance.

Hotel:
quirky is the best way to describe the lay out of this place. There are two entrances into the hotel, one of which is for checking in...the other has the elevator. If you are on the wrong end of hte hotel. you must walk to the other end to ride the elevator up to to back to the other end as the hotel is shaped like a v. It's a minor inconvenience if you have loads of luggage, but it's a pain if a late check in is in your future.

Breakfast--we never did find the breakfast. I'm sure it was there as advertised.

Proximity to the stadiums. TOP NOTCH. Really close and they have shuttles to take you to and from. We were going to a regional game so there was no need for it as we could easily park onsite, but if going to a cowboys or rangers game, can't ask for closer. In fact, it's probably within reasonable walking distance to the Ballpark.

Room Tip: If you want to stay on the elevator side, choose a room number higher than 222 or 122, depending on...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments in regards to our hotel. We will bring this up with our management company and let them know about your comments and concerns. Thank you for your loyalty to the IHG Brands and Holiday Inn Express.

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night for Giants/Cowboys game. We wanted to be near the stadium which is 1.8 miles to the door of A&T Stadium - very walkable about 1/2 hour walk. Some of the parking lots at the various businesses up to the Rangers stadium charge anywhere from $10-$30- any closer than its over $40. Wife dropped us off near stadium but my daughter & I decided to walk back at night & it wasn't that bad. Parking near stadium nearly impossible to get out & the Walmart lot across from stadium is a zoo.

Anyways this Holiday Inn Express was an interesting layout. It looked worse outside than inside. We had 2nd floor room - relatively roomy double bed & clean. Only thing was the hallways were very hot but room temp was fine. Sarah at the desk was very nice & seemed like a hard worker. The cleaning ladies knocked on our door 30 min after check in asking us if we needed towels which I thought was strange but they were nice. The breakfast at the Express's seem to get worse the more stay so coffee was all I had which was fine. Definitely does not cone close to an Embassy Suite omelette cook to order. Overall this was better than some of the negative reviews but for $200 a night it was by the most I have spent for a HI Express. Then again I Used to have over a million priority points and I used the reward nights at the Intercon Hotels. Next time in town for the game I may try the regular Holiday Inn on the north end of I30 which would actually be a shorter walk to the stadium. In short -good location for AT&T Stadium or Rangers - not a bad stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Golftraveler1

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, I'm glad to see you had a comfortable room ..... I truly appreciate your business and we hope to see you again soon.