“Okay. Not as bad as feared.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Arlington
Ranked #30 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
“Okay. Not as bad as feared.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night for Giants/Cowboys game. We wanted to be near the stadium which is 1.8 miles to the door of A&T Stadium - very walkable about 1/2 hour walk. Some of the parking lots at the various businesses up to the Rangers stadium charge anywhere from $10-$30- any closer than its over $40. Wife dropped us off near stadium but my daughter & I decided to walk back at night & it wasn't that bad. Parking near stadium nearly impossible to get out & the Walmart lot across from stadium is a zoo.

Anyways this Holiday Inn Express was an interesting layout. It looked worse outside than inside. We had 2nd floor room - relatively roomy double bed & clean. Only thing was the hallways were very hot but room temp was fine. Sarah at the desk was very nice & seemed like a hard worker. The cleaning ladies knocked on our door 30 min after check in asking us if we needed towels which I thought was strange but they were nice. The breakfast at the Express's seem to get worse the more stay so coffee was all I had which was fine. Definitely does not cone close to an Embassy Suite omelette cook to order. Overall this was better than some of the negative reviews but for $200 a night it was by the most I have spent for a HI Express. Then again I Used to have over a million priority points and I used the reward nights at the Intercon Hotels. Next time in town for the game I may try the regular Holiday Inn on the north end of I30 which would actually be a shorter walk to the stadium. In short -good location for AT&T Stadium or Rangers - not a bad stay.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Golftraveler1
Rachel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Arlington, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, I'm glad to see you had a comfortable room ..... I truly appreciate your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Richmond, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

No complaints. Everything from the first welcoming hello...to the express check out statement 3 days later was as close to perfect as one could expect from a busy urban hotel. The location does not get better for convenience. Many popular restaurants, fast food establishments, shops & department stores. Even with tempatures over 100 degrees our room was cool and comfortable. Also note, that there is a placard inside the restroom door of the room; urging any and a complaints to be forwarded to the management/owner. The breakfast was the usual HIE fare. I had breakfast twice...each day the food items were fresh. No, it is not the same as breakfast at Le Peep. If you are looking for a breakfast experience there are always the 4 & 5 star hotels that charge $20 for a roll, coffee & juice.

Room Tip: We had a rear 1st level room and was pleased to be able to keep the drapes open without compromising...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind statements about the staff and the hotel. I will pass this information on to them as well as make sure we continue to deliver great service guests love
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I must say that I was very disappointed with my recent visit. The staff was friendly, but the rooms were too small, and cluttered. They seemed more like dorm rooms instead of nice hotel rooms. Everything seems just too cluttered. The complimentary breakfast is not very good whatsoever. They also laid out some snacks in the late afternoon, this consisteded of meatballs in a tray and two liters of soda. I feel that a hotel like the Holiday Inn should have a little more class.

• Stayed August 2013
Rachel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Arlington, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your previous stay. We apologize that it did not meet your expectations. We promise this isn't the typical experience, however, we can certainly understand your disappointment and frustration. We will bring this to the attention of our front desk staff to ensure this doesn't happen again in the future. Once again thank you sharing your thoughts and concerns with us and we are deeply sorry that your stay didn't go as expected.
Bryant, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I needed a place to stay for one night to allow my teenagers an extra day at six flags.I normally get two room for the four of us but for one night I thought we could survive it.The suite is basically two bedroom with a bathroom separating them.It's close to six flags but there is nothing around this hotel but offices.The free breakfast was the worst I've ever had at any hotel in my life! My advice for them is to put out some donuts and coffee and be done with it!The pool was also out of action.Good thing we were not counting on it after a long hot Texas day at six flags.Luckily we had another hotel booked for the rest of our stay in Arlington!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Clean rooms, friendly staff, and very conveniently located to attractions like the Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, Cowboys Stadium, Six Flags over Texas, and Hurricane Harbor as well as plenty of nearby dining options.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for that fantastic review! We greatly appreciate your kind words about our customer service and recommendation of our hotel. It is our pleasure to have you be a guest with us whenever you stay here Mike. We appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to the next time you stay with us. Until then, take care and safe travels!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I came with my family and we needed to stay at a hotel near our final destination. I was told by someone Holiday Inn is supposed to be great and inexpensive, so my expectations were high. When we first got to the hotel, there was always someone waiting to take our baggage and the guest services were extremely friendly. I had no issues whatsoever. The rooms were delightful, and more importantly, my family was pleased with everything. What a prime location, I'm so happy to experience a great hotel that is adjacent to everything here. I would definitely go back here and hope to see more of this "welcoming" demeanor that I had first received.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had come here almost two years ago with the family, and when we decided to do arlington again, no doubt we'd come back to this hotel.

best part is that its just so central to everything you'd ever want or need to do in arlington.

our room this time was really nice and contemporary. very clean as well, and we didn't have a hard time getting extra towels. check in and check out were also very smooth. great value, great price, and consistency of excellence make this one a winner.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your previous stay with us. We are so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay! We appreciate your kind words about our staff and hotel. . Once again thank you for sharing your previous experience with us. We hope to see you again in the near future! Until then, take care and safe travels!