“Don't stay here!!!!”

Sleep Inn Arlington Near Six Flags
Ranked #32 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed July 26, 2010

We booked this hotel because it was close to everything we had planned to do. We arrived check in went fine..opened door to our room and it stunk. I went to desk and told the lady she had housekeeping spray the room.That didn't help the ac had been leaking on the carpet and it was wet..we had to stay the night in the smelly room because they had no more I reserved it for 3 nights.. the next morning I found a different hotel and checked out the girl was rude..I felt like they should have gave me that night free...I. went to super 8 and it was wonderful...we drove over 200 miles I would suggest not staying here......

2  Thank diamond3339
754gm_arlington, General Manager at Sleep Inn Arlington Near Six Flags, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sleep Inn Maingate. Unfortunately, there is occassion where items are in need of repair. Upon check-in, if there is a maintenance issue that arises, we correct the issue by offering to move you to another room or have maintenance come and repair the item. Since we have only one smoking room with 2 beds in the hotel, we offered to repair the item, move the guest to a non-smoking room, or refund the money. Unfortunately, if the guest declines to accept any of these offers and chooses to stay in the room, there is a limited amount of ways to correct the problem. We take pride in offering excellent service to all of our guests and apologize that any guest would leave our hotel dissatisfied.

Reviewed November 2, 2009

This is by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The service is TERRIBLE!!!! No customer service skills at all! That's including the manager, who is not on duty, like it is stated at their front desk. Very sketchy with details, tell you one thing and do another. Trying to charge for rooms you didn't even use. Do NOT go with groups, they will screw it up. I promise. Phones do not work in rooms, toilets overflow. I will NEVER stay here again or any other hotel affiliated with them. Please do NOT stay here. You will not be satisfied.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank christiegosooners
754gm_arlington, General Manager at Sleep Inn Arlington Near Six Flags, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2009

Sleep Inn Maingate takes great pride in offering a clean, comfortable hotel with exceptional service. We handle alot of groups each year with great success. I apologize that you were upset that you had to pay for rooms that were not cancelled within the cancellation deadline that was conveyed to you three different ways which made you feel that our staff was not service oriented. We do have maintenance on staff to repair any issues if they are reported to us. However, during our conversation you indicated these items were not reported during your stay so we were unable to fix them to your satisfaction. We offer a committment to satisfaction to all of our guests which states we will correct any problems that are reported during your stay...Guaranteed! Thank you for choosing Sleep Inn Maingate-Six Flags.

Reviewed August 16, 2009

We stayed at the hotel for one night and that was enough.
It took quite a while to check in.
We went up to our room which was a $149.99 a night room.
Thankfully I used up all my choice privelages to stay there. I would have felt bad paying that much for this hotel.
We only had three towels and needed four. There was a sopping wet towel left in the shower. We went down to ask for another towel and told them about the other wet towel in the shower. We were told they were out of towels and would bring us up one when they were done. We were also told the towel was in the shower because water is leaking from the room above into the shower. After the ballgame we went back to the hotel and saw still no towel and the wet one was still in the shower. We talked to the night clerk and he rudly said he had no towels. We told him they said they were going to bring us one and he rudley said something to the effect thats too bad and he wasn't going to do anything about it. The room itself had very dirty walls and the window had a broken thermal seal and was hard to see thru. The breakfast was a joke. Cold muffins from the freezer and cheap toaster waffles. The OJ was out and the pan under the machine was full and running on the floor. I would expect this type of room and service from a Knights Inn or Super 8. The Baymont behind this hotel was half the price and twice a clean.

3  Thank jimkip
754gm_arlington, General Manager at Sleep Inn Arlington Near Six Flags, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We take pride in our clean, comfortable hotel. I apologize that the housekeeper left her towel when cleaning the shower. I am glad that we were able to come to your room and immediately retrieve it and bring you additional towels. Our breakfast buffet consists of a variety of choices such as muffins, danish, cereal, fruit, oatmeal, english muffins, hard boiled eggs. Although waffles are not a typical item you will find on a Sleep Inn buffet, we are proud to offer this additional item.

Reviewed August 10, 2009

We booked this hotel mostly due to its proximity to Six Flags. The hotel is literally right across the street from the park and it is an easy 5 minute walk to the entrance to the park from the front door of the hotel, saving you the unnecessary fee of paying to park in the Six Flags lot.

I've read other reviews concerning rude staff. While the front desk guy was not rude, he didn't exactly greet us with open arms, either. He just seemed kind of bored, really. I got the impression that he had way too much to do for just one person to handle.

The rooms are pretty small and I am very glad I decided to book two rooms, rather than one. When we entered the room the first time, I thought "Okay, this isn't too bad". However, upon closer inspection, the dirty walls and filthy crud in the drain in the connecting room, and the huge booger (GROSS!!!-see photos) in our sink from the previous occupants changed my mind about the cleanliness. The booger stayed there during our entire stay. I can't imagine how housekeeping didn't see this! Maybe they were grossed out, too. It makes me wonder if they just do the bare minimum in their cleaning routine and skip everything else.

There is no bathtub, but a decent sized shower. The shower pressure was fine. The light over the vanity is way too dark to provide decent lighting for application of make up. (Ladies, bring your own lighted makeup mirror.) I was happy to see this hotel uses fitted sheets on the beds rather than tucking in a regular sheet. The beds were actually pretty comfortable and the air conditioning worked great. The room also provides a refrigerator/microwave combo. Bring your own drinks to put in the fridge because, as expected, the drinks in the vending machines are outrageously priced.

The most irritating thing is the noise from above. It seems like any time somebody on the floor above you takes a step, you can hear it. This is especially irritating when you are trying to sleep. The noise can be heard easily over the air conditioning.

The hotel offers a continental breakfast, but it is pretty spartan. There are some pretty unappetizing muffins, frozen waffles (well, they were frozen at one time), boiled eggs, Raisin Bran and Corn Flakes, fruit (whole), juice and coffee. The front desk attendant also seems to be the one overseeing keeping the breakfast items stocked. So, if they are out of something, you have to go tell him and then wait until he can get a minute away from the desk to go re-stock the breakfast items. For dinner, there is a restaurant called Humperdink's next door. It is sort of a sports bar/grill and stays open pretty late. This is nice because you can just walk next door to eat without having to leave the hotel.

The hotel has a pool, but it is EXTREMELY small. If there are more than 6-7 people in the pool, then it is way too crowded. But I suppose a small pool is better than no pool at all.

If all you're planning to use the hotel for is a place to sleep at night, then this hotel is fine. Just don't go expecting anything more than a basic hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank debkay68
754gm_arlington, General Manager at Sleep Inn Arlington Near Six Flags, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2009

Sleep Inn takes pride in offering a clean and comfortable hotel. We received a 99% cleanliness score on our last Choice inspection which shows the high standard of cleanliness we deliver. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and letting other travelers know that you recommend our hotel.

Reviewed August 1, 2009

This hotel is summed up with one word: TINY. Throw in an unbelievably rude front desk staff, and our stay was not a lot of fun. The Sleep Inn sits directly in front of Six Flags, and the location and proximity to all things Arlington is fantastic. However, let's be realistic. I was traveling with three small children and we were only in Arlington to take in a Ranger game. Guests of the hotel do get free shuttle service to the ballpark, which was nice; but all the good feelings end there.

The pool is tiny, and both times we used it we had to approach the RUDE front desk to ask for pool towels. I guess asking for pool towels is the worst things that you can ask a front desk attendant, as each time I inquired I was just waved off by them without so much as a "I'll get those and be right back." Rude! The rooms are tiny. And by tiny, I mean there aren't even closets in the rooms, and there is no bathtub. Only tall skinny showers. The beds are tiny, and the TV is super tiny. I understand that people that stay here only want to visit Six Flags; but being stuck in these tiny rooms with no Disney and Nickelodeon channels was terrible.

And finally the breakfast food is tiny. Breakfast consisted of two cereal choices, waffels and english muffins and only a 1/2 working toaster for the entire hotel to share. The coffee was at least hot, but there was NO fruit or muffins by the time we got there at 8:30am. The breakfast is open from 6-9:30, and it's ridiculous that the food would mostly be gone by 8:30. We were also disappointed, that the breakfast area hadn't been cleaned all morning. Trash was overflowing the bins, and one entire table had become the trash can since the can hadn't been emptyed. People were coming in and looking around, then asking where the closest restaurant was. Disgusting!

The only redeeming quality of this hotel is the location! If I had teenagers, and we only wanted a place to crash then this hotel might work. Otherwise, I'd stay somewhere else!

3  Thank jdcliff
754gm_arlington, General Manager at Sleep Inn Arlington Near Six Flags, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2009

Sleep Inn Maingate is proud to offer our Signature Sleep Inn Showers which is a trademark of the Sleep Inn Chain. All rooms offer refrigerators and microwaves, coffee makers, hairdryers, irons, ironing boards, as well as a closet area. We offer rooms with one queen size bed or 2 full extra long beds with cable television including Cartoon Network. We also offer a free deluxe continental breakfast which consists of oatmeal, fruit, juice, muffins, danish, waffles, hard boiled eggs, english muffins, cereal, milk, and juice. We take pride in offering the highest level of customer service and a quality clean hotel.

Reviewed July 6, 2009

We were excited to stay at this hotel since we received a decent rate (held with cc over the phone) and a deluxe continental breakfast (waffles, eggs, muffins, bagels, english muffins, fruit, cereal, juices, etc) and right in front of Six Flags.

To start, we arrived and were told the desk clerk was not "ready" to check us in because he was counting his money, which was laid across counter. We waited 25 minutes and decided to come back. Upon arrival, we were not even greeted by any of the 3 clerks, only one of which was checking guests in. Room was small (stand up shower/toilet in tiny room with pocket door) but clean, so no problems there. As we were leaving, we stopped by front desk to ask when shuttle runs and clerk just 1/2 points towards wall and said it's over there. Again, no customer friendliness, but okay.

Next morning went down around 830 for breakfast (served 6-945)--and there were maybe 5 muffins and cereal out. No juice, no anything else but a room full of guests looking for food. Upon asking the front desk clerk (Chris)-he said, "we are out". After being told that is unacceptable, he said "we'll check". We waited for an hour and nothing. Most guests went to McDonald's and brought food back. When confronted with the question, where is the breakfast this hotel advertises, Chris replies, "we don't promise you breakfast" and walks off.

Lastly, upon checkout--he rufuses a discount AND overcharges me and will not credit my card and said, "call the manager on Monday if you want" and again, walks off.

Horrible, horrible guest service. Would not stay here nor recommend anyone stay here unless they get a cheap, cheap rate! (under $70) I would absolutely stay at the La Quinta; Hilton; Sheraton or even a Motel Six before I would stay at this location again ALL because of the negative and careless attitude staff has. It doesn't take much to say "welcome, thank you, have a nice day"...after all--you are in Texas!

3  Thank bfgf555
754gm_arlington, Manager at Sleep Inn Arlington Near Six Flags, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Sleep Inn Maingate-Six Flags. We take pride in offering the highest level of service and the highest quality of breakfast. We are unaware of any issues with the breakfast not being replenished or the staff not offering the service we strive to deliver to all of our guests. Please contact the hotel directly if you have any issues reagrding your stay and we assure you they will be corrected.

Reviewed June 13, 2009

I took our youth group there for a trip to Six Flags and the Texas Rangers game. You are right across the street from Six Flags with easy walk. The rooms were nice, bathroom a little small, nice showers with LOTS of hot water. Beds were comfortable. Management was very good, the night manager was very nice and did a great job. She even let us swim after hours in the pool when we got back from the Rangers game. Breakfast is so so, nothing to get excited about, very basic with cereals, bagels, muffins and waffles that you can warm up in toaster. Would stay here again when back in this area. I also liked that they tried to keep the groups away from other people. You do have to pay to access the internet on the computer that is in the lobby. The rate was.25 a min.

• Stayed: May 2009
4  Thank pianoman46

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from when you brought your youth group to Six Flags. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you visit us again on your next trip to Arlington.