“Great stay, good location! Quiet, clean and friendly.”

Sleep Inn Arlington Near Six Flags
Ranked #32 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
chicago, IL
“Great stay, good location! Quiet, clean and friendly.”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed for one night at this hotel. The location off the 360 freeway is great if you have to be at DFW in the AM. The hotel is also close to Six Flags, the Arlington Ball Park and the HUGH Cowboys stadium. I took the Cowboy's Stadium tour and LOVED IT!
I tried to check in early (2:45PM) and was told that I would be charged $10 for the early checking (WHAT? Now hotels are getting as clever as the airline industry). So, I just went online for 15 minutes and checked my email. I found the hotel to be clean and very comfortable. The person that finally checked me in was very pleasant and kind. My room was atypical, but I found the shower to be just the right size, sink near the bed ok, Flat screen TV was at the righ height and my work desk was ok. CLoset space could be improved, but no biggie. My alarm clock didn't work, so I asked for a wake up call. IT DIDN"T HAPPEN. No sure who to blame, but when you have an early AM flight on a cheap airline, you have to arrived 2 hours before your flight.
Overall, I would stay again at this hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank bjaysfan21
Lori A, General Manager at Sleep Inn Arlington Near Six Flags, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Good Afternoon,
I am responed back to your review. I appreciate that you enjoyed your stay here @ Sleep Inn Maingate in Arlington. I am very sorry to here about you not receiving your wake up call. I appreciate all the nice things that were said. As to the room's & hotel itself we will be under going rennovations starting next year in Janurary 2013. I would love for you to return to the property and revisit once the changes have been made even if you have to return before then it would be greatly appreciated. You have a wonderful day and we hope to see you again real soon.
Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have been staying here for each of the past 10 years in October when I am in town on an annual business trip. It had always been a pleasant, high-quality stay up until recently. Two years ago, I noticed the lobby and hallways were showing signs of age but my room was still very clean & comfortable. Last year, there was a little bit more wear & tear even in the room itself. But it was still acceptable for a business trip. My most recent trip showed that the decline was going even further. Upon check-in I noticed the snack freezer next to the main desk was no longer in service. There was a lot of wear on all the carpeting. Even my non-smoking room smelled heavily of really cheap air freshener. And the air conditioner was noisy and would not shut off at all. The sink stopper was broken and the shower door would not stay open. I am wondering if the success of the Rangers and the fact that Cowboys Stadium is right down the street have contributed to the wear and tear. I heard it is under new management but unless they raise the standards a bit, they will have lost an old customer. If it weren't for prior stays, I might have had to bestow a lowly 2-star rating this time around! It's no flea-bag but it's time to shape up, for sure.

Room Tip: Its proximity to Six Flags, the Rangers & Cowboys always made this a good choice for price &...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bob H
Reviewed October 5, 2012

There were cockroaches in the room. I felt very uncomfortable staying there. :( The concierge was nice, but the vermin and old upholstery killed it for me. :/ It was unfortunate, because I had already paid my money and cannot get a refund. I left for 20 minutes to pick up a ceasar salad from Humperdinks and came back to see roaches had visited. Terribly gross.

• Stayed October 2012

Travelers are raving about these Arlington hotels

Granbury, Texas
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Just a nasty, outdated place. Had to request a new room because the non smoking room we entered reeked of smoke. The telephones wires were so bad the phone worked about 50% of the time. The rooms are barely big enough for one person. Overpriced because of location. Would not recommend!

• Stayed September 2012
Lori A, General Manager at Sleep Inn Arlington Near Six Flags, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Good Morning,
I am the new General Manager @ the Sleep Inn Maingate in Arlington just wanted to take the time to introduce myself and the property. We have addressed certain issues @ this hotel and would love for anyone to come review the changes. We will under go renovation's in the beginning of 2013 to get this hotel back up to par. I do apologize for any and all inconvience you have had in previous visit but would love to see you back in the years to come. Any questions are concerns please feel free to contact me @ 817)649-1010 Lori Alfaro GM my office hours are from 9am-5pm. I would love to hear any thoughts and concrens you may have on this location.
Atlanta, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The rooms were clean, staff very friendly. My only complaint is one website showed an indoor pool, which there is not one. Only outdoor. Ate breakfast at 8:30 and they were out of milk. I let the staff know and they were on it. They had a trolley to and from Rangers game. Will definitely stay here next summer trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SethEaves
monroe, la
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Great....that you can walk to six flags entrance. Great restuarant next door..Humperdinks....but the hotel....UGH!. Carpet stained, walls dirty, hair in the shower, pool was green.......I tolerated it due to the closeness of Six Flags, our main reason for being there. I suppose also the fact that we spent very little time in the room itself. Had the price been more in sync with the quality, I probably wouldn't complain so much, but 4 star prices with no star quality. The staff treated us well and there is a decent breakfast included, but it stops there! Thank goodness for a Rangers game, Six Flags and Hurrican Harbour to keep us out most of the day!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank lahuggins
Texarkana, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Hotel is close to Six Flags and Ranger Stadium but is still a long walk. Might as well find a cheaper room with the trolley service. Pool was shut down for maintenance which would have felt good after a long walk in 100 degree weather :( Rooms are decent. Bathrooms are very small. Daytime staff was very nice. Night man was very rude !

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family