“Clean, friendly, good value, and excellent location.”

SpringHill Suites Dallas Arlington North
Ranked #19 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
“Clean, friendly, good value, and excellent location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

My father, my sister and myself were in town for a weekend of baseball. We wanted a hotel with good location to the Ballpark at Arlington, a room with 3 beds (2 and a sleeper sofa), and a fair price. Spring Hill Suites delivered on all of the above. Not only did it deliver on all of that, but the rooms were very clean and the staff was excellent! If we make the trip back to Arlington next year from Ohio I know where we will be staying.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were moved from Another hotel to this one. The room was ok but there were a lot of sharp angles and corners and wasted space. Mounting the ONE tv on a wall would free up some space. We had a King Suite with a foldout queen bed. In the morning we would fold up the couch/ bed so that we could get around in the room. In the evening when we returned the couch chousins and pillows would still be in stacks in the floor where we left them! I couldn't understand why housekeeping wouldn't put the couch back together, or empty and replace the bag in the ice container, or put the trash cans back where they belong. None of these things required housekeeping to touch a guests personal belongings. It would have been nice if once in 7 days we could have walked back into a put together room. Also one day I accidentally left my flat iron plugged in and on, when I returned after 10hrs the room had been "serviced" but the flatiron was still on. ( isn't that a safety issue?)

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Mrgunn
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our 3 night stay! Only a couple of issues with our room that were handled VERY promptly. Spacious rooms.

Loved the convenience of being able to walk across the street to Hurricane Harbor.
Our family also rode the shuttle to Six Flags. The shuttle was convenient, air conditioned, and the drivers were very friendly.

SpringHill Suites is also close to many nice restaurants. Maybe next time we'll take advantage of their room service.

Every morning we enjoyed our fantastic breakfast buffet (something a little different each day). Everything we tried was hot and fresh. The breakfast staff were VERY friendly and helpful!
Go early during the weekday Manager's Special (5:30pm to 7pm).

The hotel needs to update their washer and dryer. They could also use an extra washer/dryer set to handle many guests.

If you enjoy relaxing in a hot tub, call before you arrive. The hot tub was not working during our stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were very happy with this SpringHill Suites. The check in was great as the front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. She voluntarily gave us a room at the end of the hall as there were several kids groups there and she did not want us near the elevator. That was the first indication of excellent service! This hotel is located very close to a Saltgrass Steakhouse, Steak and Shake Restaurant, and a few more. The hotel has a van that will take you to these locations. There are certain hours for this service so you need to check on this when you get there. There is also a shuttle stop for Six Flags as it is across the street. The hotel rooms are very clean. The room we were in had a very good design. The bath tub and toilet were in a separate room from the vanity sink and mirror. The vanity is small but I feel the other positives make up for this. There was a microwave, small sink and small fridge in the kitchen area. The way the room was designed, if I was in the vanity area getting dressed and my husband was in the living room area he could not hear me talking to him. The only thing that could have been improved was the TV. It is situated between the living room and the bedroom area. It is an awkward spot although I'm not sure how they could improve it. If you want this room layout ask for a room at the end of the hall. The air conditioner was wonderful! Although the hotel was full of groups of kids the 4 days we were there, we had no problems with noise. We did not eat the breakfast. The staff was so nice and helpful we felt welcome at this hotel. It was a great stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hallway for a better layout and less noise
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed for one night after a day at Six Flags. Our room didn't look like the pictures as there was no division between kitchen/living and beds as it shows. We somehow ended up in a handicapped accessible room and that may have changed the layout. I was really looking forward to putting the kids to bed and still being able to watch tv. Pool was really small and not that clean. But the beds were comfortable and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

This SpringHill Suites offers reasonable room rates despite being close to The Ballpark at Arlington. The Dallas Cowboys' stadium is also close. Customer service (especially from the general manager) was very good though this hotel definitely needs an update to compete with the fresh feeling and nicely decorated SpringHill Suites out there like the ones in Waco and Napa Valley.

Pros: Close to the MLB stadium, comfortable hotel, reasonable room rates, high quality Marriott customer service.

Cons: Decor is a tad depressing (this hotel needs an update), though close to the stadium, it might be a little far to walk.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

After being informed that he Courtyard where I normally stay in Arlington was under construction, I jumped the reservation to SHS and was pleasantly surprised. First thing of note: the staff here are more friendly and helpful than some other high end hotels I have stayed in, the accommodations met my needs and it allowed me to accomplish my business in the area comfortable and in close proximitry to restaurants and shops (always a plus when on the road). Although the location was perfect, the hotel sits right across from SF Hurricane Harbor, so I am sure that it would be less of a good choice for a business traveler once all of the local theme parks open. However, if I back in the Arlington area in early spring, I would stay here again. Thanks to an efficient management team, leading the way to staff that are genuinely friendly, helpful and efficient.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Christian L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas Arlington North, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while you were in town for the NCAA Tournament.

We pride ourselves on providing extraordinary service to our guests and I appreciate your comments on our team. I will share them with our staff! I am also very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

My team and I would like to invite you back to stay with us at SpringHill Suites by Marriott - Near Six Flags.

We look forward to serving you again,

Christian Luginbyhl II