TownePlace Suites Dallas Arlington North
Candlewood Suites - Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$91
$77
$103
$100
HolidayInn.com
$139
Comfort Suites Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$79
Wingate by Wyndham Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$89
$109
Hyatt Place Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$115
$109
$98
La Quinta
$138
$134
Agoda.com
All reviewsbasketball courthurricane harborfull kitchenseparate bedroomsincluded hot breakfastsix flagssitting areamaintenance stafffive nightssmall kitchensocial houroatmealstayed here for two nightssleeper sofasuper closestaff was friendlytwo room suite
Reviewed May 31, 2013

very clean hotel, great breakfast. quiet, nice patio sitting area and we enjoyed our stay here with 8 other family members occupying 2 rooms. kitchens are bit lacking in equipment and there doesn't seem to be a 'standard' set of cooking utensils in pots or pans.

Room Tip: corner suites are 2 bdrm type. No adjoining rms to them, but you can get a studio rm very close by.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

This is my 2nd time in this hotel and I think it has improved from a lot from my previous stayed. Overall this hotel is value for money. It has Wi-Fi now. Sweet! My last stay I was struggling for Wi-Fi I have to go the reception. Now I can get it in my room. Also I requested a ground floor the request was granted. What a great place to enjoy my stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This hotel was average at best but what set it apart was the friendly desk staff, we checked in late after a long day of travel and the staffer on duty was pleasant, friendly and efficient. The room was clean, a little dated, nothing fancy but fine - a decent value for the price. The breakfast hours could be better - 7am was too late, we already had to be long gone by 7 am each morning.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RCBBA
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed here one night while visiting Dallas for business. The hotel's location is fine -- close to where my business was located. The hotel has easy road access, a large parking lot, and is near several restaurants (mostly chains) and a Whole Foods Market.

I had a pretty late arrival. Kudos to the staff; the woman who checked me in was exceedingly polite and welcoming. She was also efficient. I was offered a free snack out of the market due to my Marriott status -- a nice gesture.

The hotel is pretty basic in terms of its facilities -- nothing fancy. But that was fine; I wasn't expecting grandeur from this brand within the Marriott portfolio. The hallways (while a bit stark) were clean. My room was very tidy. I was in a studio suite, and I was pleased with its size -- a small kitchen (although it had a full stove and oven), couch and chair, desk, and bed. The bed was very comfortable, with a nice mattress and fresh, soft linens. I was surprised at the quality of the bed; it was much nicer than the beds I typically get at Courtyard and SpringHill Suites properties.

Check-out was similarly good; I was thanked for my business and everything was efficient.

Overall, a good experience -- a room that was what I expected from the brand and price-point and above-average service. I'm not dying to go back when I return to Dallas, but I certainly would.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We evacuated to Arlington due to Hurricane Isaac and decided to stay at this location as we had 7 years prior for Hurricane Katrina. It's aged a bit since our first stay, but overall, it was still good for our extended stay (for us 7 days). We traveled as 5 adults and 2 children so this place suited us fine.

Pros: Location is great! If you're looking for something close to the stadium, Six Flags, Hurricane Harbor, this is a perfect place. They do provide a complimentary breakfast, which I must say, exceeded what one might expect from a hotel breakfast--sausage, bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, muffins, fruit, you name it. Also, on M-W they do an evening "social" where they provide a meal (hamburgers/hot dogs, fajitas, etc) and some adult beverages.
In our suite, we had 2 queen bedrooms with an attached kitchen, sitting area, and bathroom. Granted, the kitchen is small, but it worked out fine for us. We also were pleasantly surprised that the television sets were actually great quality LG flat screens.
The staff was average. Didn't really have an issue with them. However, don't expect them to go above and beyond in the customer service department.
The hotel is also pet friendly for smaller animals, so that is an added bonus when evacuating/leaving for extended periods of time.

Cons: Our AC didn't work very well. The room would not get below 74 degrees. We had to purchase 2 fans from a local store to cool us off at night and throughout the day.
Our room was missing 1 television. When we asked the front desk about it the first night we were told "they'll check into it". Second night we asked, same reply. Third night we asked, same reply. My husband went down to ask for some more toilet paper and the receptionist replied with a little sarcastic "oh, you're the one who keeps asking about the tv."
Housekeeping only came one time in our 7 day stay. Had to go down for towels, toilet paper, and coffee twice. Not a big deal to us, but the housekeeping could be better.
The room is showing it's age. But, that's to be expected in the hotel industry. However, an updated couch and carpeting couldn't hurt.
Perhaps the most irritating part of our experience had to be after check out. When we checked out, we paid our room in full. They smiled and told us goodbye and forgot to mention one HUGE thing. A few days later we found a charge for $430 on our account. After calling them, they mentioned they put a "hold" on this money in case of incidentals...4 days after we checked out...they claim they will release the money by tomorrow. I understand the reasoning. However, I do think they should mention that upon check out just to give you a heads up. So, if you stay there, just be sure those terms are clear.

Overall, would I stay here again? I'd probably say yes. It was more positive than negative and we did have a comfortable stay overall.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Bobby B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dallas Arlington North, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback regarding your stay with us at the Towneplace Suites in Arlington. I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and the loaction of the property was ideal for your trip. I was dissapointed to hear that the level of service did not live up to the expectations one would expect when staying at a Marriott property. I do apologize, we take great pride and work hard at providing world class service, but it seems as though we may have dropped the ball in this instance. Once again, I do apologize, but appreciate you bringing this to my attention. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the Arlington area.

Bobby Billstone