New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

TownePlace Suites Dallas Arlington North
Ranked #23 of 61 Hotels in Arlington
“Value for money hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

This is my 2nd time in this hotel and I think it has improved from a lot from my previous stayed. Overall this hotel is value for money. It has Wi-Fi now. Sweet! My last stay I was struggling for Wi-Fi I have to go the reception. Now I can get it in my room. Also I requested a ground floor the request was granted. What a great place to enjoy my stay here.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This hotel was average at best but what set it apart was the friendly desk staff, we checked in late after a long day of travel and the staffer on duty was pleasant, friendly and efficient. The room was clean, a little dated, nothing fancy but fine - a decent value for the price. The breakfast hours could be better - 7am was too late, we already had to be long gone by 7 am each morning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RCBBA
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here one night while visiting Dallas for business. The hotel's location is fine -- close to where my business was located. The hotel has easy road access, a large parking lot, and is near several restaurants (mostly chains) and a Whole Foods Market.

I had a pretty late arrival. Kudos to the staff; the woman who checked me in was exceedingly polite and welcoming. She was also efficient. I was offered a free snack out of the market due to my Marriott status -- a nice gesture.

The hotel is pretty basic in terms of its facilities -- nothing fancy. But that was fine; I wasn't expecting grandeur from this brand within the Marriott portfolio. The hallways (while a bit stark) were clean. My room was very tidy. I was in a studio suite, and I was pleased with its size -- a small kitchen (although it had a full stove and oven), couch and chair, desk, and bed. The bed was very comfortable, with a nice mattress and fresh, soft linens. I was surprised at the quality of the bed; it was much nicer than the beds I typically get at Courtyard and SpringHill Suites properties.

Check-out was similarly good; I was thanked for my business and everything was efficient.

Overall, a good experience -- a room that was what I expected from the brand and price-point and above-average service. I'm not dying to go back when I return to Dallas, but I certainly would.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Houma, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We evacuated to Arlington due to Hurricane Isaac and decided to stay at this location as we had 7 years prior for Hurricane Katrina. It's aged a bit since our first stay, but overall, it was still good for our extended stay (for us 7 days). We traveled as 5 adults and 2 children so this place suited us fine.

Pros: Location is great! If you're looking for something close to the stadium, Six Flags, Hurricane Harbor, this is a perfect place. They do provide a complimentary breakfast, which I must say, exceeded what one might expect from a hotel breakfast--sausage, bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, muffins, fruit, you name it. Also, on M-W they do an evening "social" where they provide a meal (hamburgers/hot dogs, fajitas, etc) and some adult beverages.
In our suite, we had 2 queen bedrooms with an attached kitchen, sitting area, and bathroom. Granted, the kitchen is small, but it worked out fine for us. We also were pleasantly surprised that the television sets were actually great quality LG flat screens.
The staff was average. Didn't really have an issue with them. However, don't expect them to go above and beyond in the customer service department.
The hotel is also pet friendly for smaller animals, so that is an added bonus when evacuating/leaving for extended periods of time.

Cons: Our AC didn't work very well. The room would not get below 74 degrees. We had to purchase 2 fans from a local store to cool us off at night and throughout the day.
Our room was missing 1 television. When we asked the front desk about it the first night we were told "they'll check into it". Second night we asked, same reply. Third night we asked, same reply. My husband went down to ask for some more toilet paper and the receptionist replied with a little sarcastic "oh, you're the one who keeps asking about the tv."
Housekeeping only came one time in our 7 day stay. Had to go down for towels, toilet paper, and coffee twice. Not a big deal to us, but the housekeeping could be better.
The room is showing it's age. But, that's to be expected in the hotel industry. However, an updated couch and carpeting couldn't hurt.
Perhaps the most irritating part of our experience had to be after check out. When we checked out, we paid our room in full. They smiled and told us goodbye and forgot to mention one HUGE thing. A few days later we found a charge for $430 on our account. After calling them, they mentioned they put a "hold" on this money in case of incidentals...4 days after we checked out...they claim they will release the money by tomorrow. I understand the reasoning. However, I do think they should mention that upon check out just to give you a heads up. So, if you stay there, just be sure those terms are clear.

Overall, would I stay here again? I'd probably say yes. It was more positive than negative and we did have a comfortable stay overall.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Bobby B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dallas Arlington North, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback regarding your stay with us at the Towneplace Suites in Arlington. I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and the loaction of the property was ideal for your trip. I was dissapointed to hear that the level of service did not live up to the expectations one would expect when staying at a Marriott property. I do apologize, we take great pride and work hard at providing world class service, but it seems as though we may have dropped the ball in this instance. Once again, I do apologize, but appreciate you bringing this to my attention. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the Arlington area.

Bobby Billstone
Hoover, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The hotel is showing its age and needs to soon be updated. Hopefully they will add additional lamps near the sitting area of the suite. That area was dark, especially with only other light the overhead in the kitchen and a bedside lamp. Couldn't open the drapery due to it being over 100 outside, and if you did, the a/c couldn't keep up.

Breakfast buffet was what you would expect and good. Was promptly restocked even with a near full house on a holiday weekend. Front desk staff was helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: If it is summer get a room on the east side because you can't open the drapery otherwise and kee...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Bobby B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dallas Arlington North, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay at the Towneplace Suites. You had mentioned that the property could use some updating, I would have to agree with you. Due to the location of the property to Six Flags, Hurricane Harbor, Cowboys Stadium, and the Rangers Ballpark, this property recieves a higher than average amount of traffic each year, so we anticipate to have some type of renovation in the next year or so. We hope that you come back to see us the next time you are in the Arlington area.
Thanks again for your feedback,

Bobby Billstone
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Exactly what I expected in an extended stay hotel. We picked it solely based on its proximity to Cowboy Stadium. Reasonably priced. Since the football game was in the evening, we crossed the street and went to Hurricane Harbor during the day. If you are going to a football game or to the water park you really don't need to rent a car. We could have taken a cab from the airport (about 5-10 miles) and walked or taken hotel trolley to the stadium. Small pool and courtyard. Very nice hot breakfast included in the price. Not fancy, very utilitarian. Got what we paid for and expected.

• Stayed September 2012
Hoover, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I don't have anything bad to say about this hotel that would not be nit picking. The staff was friendly, the room and lobby clean and the breakfast buffet each morning was fantastic! We went for the Alabama/Michigan game and chose the hotel based on its' proximity to the stadium. If you go for a game at Cowboy's stadium, you just about can't do better than here. It's within walking distance (unless it's 101 degrees like it was when we were there). The rooms have a small seating area and a kitchenette with a full sized refrigerator. Tha bathroom was large and the water pressure was adequate. Nice pool that gets some shade in the afternoon. They also have a large gas grill, a basketball court and some outdoor seating under a gazebo. But they really shine with breakfast, which is included with your room rate. Eggs, bacon/sausage, hash browns, biscuits/bagels/muffins, oatmeal, cereal (a huge selection) coffee, juice, milk, yogurt and a make your own waffle station.
If I had anything to say that was lacking, it's that our room was dark and needed a light source at the couch area. Either an overhead light or a floor lamp would help, since it was too dark to read on the couch no matter what lights were on in the room. But really...that's all I can say they needed to do. Other than that one small thing, the experience was great and I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Staying in Building B gives you access to the back parking lot, which has an easier exit to get to t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends