La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Arlington South
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskhard boiled eggsrestaurants and shoppingwithin walking distancewaffleseasy accesssix flagslocation was perfectparking lotpleasant stayroom was clean and comfortablestaff was very friendlydefinitely stay here againa great place to staycowboys gamefree breakfastihop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We spent 2 nights here in Sept 2011. The hotel is showing a little wear with chipped paint and worn carpets here and there, but not too bad, just little things. It was very clean, and the bed was quite comfortable. Plenty of fluffy pillows. The room was not huge but still had space for a recliner (!) -- you don't find that in many hotels, plus a spacious work desk that was plenty big enough for two to sit and have a meal. A/C worked well.

We did not hear any noise from the rooms on either side of us, but the door to the hallway offered no sound insulation at all. Anytime someone was walking or talking in the hall, we could hear them.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Check-in was a breeze.

Breakfast was a huge disappointment. There is a very large, bright, airy lobby with plenty of space where they could offer an exceptional breakfast. None of that elbowing and jockeying for table space in a cramped breakfast nook like some hotels have. But breakfast consisted of plain bagels, one kind of muffin, hard boiled eggs, a few little pieces of fruit, and 2 kinds of cereal. They could easily offer a much wider selection and have space to offer hot choices but they don't -- it was really quite limited.

Likewise, the lack of toilitries in the bathroom seemed chintzy. There was one tiny bottle of cheap shampoo. That was it. No conditioner, lotion, or anything else.

I thought the place was overpriced, considering the wear around the edges and the lack of amenities.

Neverthelss, the location was convenient, right next to a mall, right off the interstate, easy to get in and out of, with many, many restaurant choices very close by.

Last note: there was a litter of 7 adorable kittens living in the gazebo in the courtyard. They were only a few weeks old and cute as could be, but were wild. They would not let me approach or pet them. I hope the owners will take steps to spay or neuter them, or else they will just grow up and start reproducing in just a few short months. This hotel does not need packs of feral cats roaming around.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Luckybeckyblue
Reviewed September 1, 2011

we did have trouble finding someone at the front desk when we checked in and the shower did not work properly- sent a review to la quinta and the returned and email stating the two issues had been resolved - very quick response to our inquiry

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Breakfast poor with few choices. Rooms were not clean. There were dogs barking all night in the room next to us, children were running through the halls and the front desk did not give any effort to change the problem. Overall, a poorly managed property.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Texastrav247
Reviewed December 21, 2010

Family and I made a quick trip to Arlington for the HS Football Championship at Arlington/Cowboys Stadium. Only needed a room for the night since we were arriving late and checking out at 9:30 to make the game at noon. Hotel was very nice, clean, and had a wonderful complimentary breakfast. This is not the closest hotel to the stadium but the drive to the stadium wasn't more than 15-20 minutes and we made it fine. The hotel is right next to the Arlington Mall and next door to some very good resteraunts, including an IHOP, if you need some late night food.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2010

My wife and I just got back from the Big 12 Championship game. We chose this hotel based on its proximity to the Stadium and the reviews I had read on this page. We had reserved a non-smoking room for the night. When we arrived, check in was swift, when we got to our room – it was a smoking room. I immediately returned to the front desk where the lady was checking in the next customer in line, when I explained the dilemma she informed me that she had just given the last non-smoking room away, but could not explain why I did not receive one. There was no discount, no explanation or admittance of fault. We spent the 30 degree night with the window open and returned hope with everything smelling like a dirty ashtray.
When I called the corporate customer service line (in India), I was put on hold for 30 minutes, so I called them at the same time on the hotel phone to speak to another service rep, who informed me that it was all on the location, not the company (LaQuinta)

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple