“Perfect Spot”

Ranked #25 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Perfect Spot”
Reviewed May 24, 2010

My Perfect Spot because if you didn't want to drive you had resturants in waking distance and thats perfect for me. Also QT right down the street,, Quiet,except one night.. thats okay we just closed the window.My husband even liked. We took our youngest (3) and she thought the breakfast was good and the hotel was fun. I checked out the 2 bedroom huge roomate style. We had the one bedroom this trip .. We will get the 2 bedroom when we return with the kids. Anyhow.Nice Breakfast was nice as well. The staff oh yes the lady name I think was Victoria.. and I needed directions to the Golden Corral over by Cedar Hill...She gave directions perfectly..She knows her stuff I hope I remebered her name right.. We stayed there mothers day weekend...well we loved will be back there..

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sharlisa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Spring, TX
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Started the weekend at another hotel. That staff at that hotel (Hyatt Place) lied to us and continuously passed responsibility to the next shift so we ended up checking out after one night and ended up here. The staff here was great. Because we were coming from another hotel we arrived earlier than their normal check in time. When they initially looked they didn't have any rooms ready but they went out of their way to track down the cleaning staff and found a room that was ready. The rest of the weekend the staff was very friendly (and honest, I had apparently gave them $20 more than I thought and they chased me down in the parking lot to give me money back). The room was nice enough and quiet and the breakfast was good. They even had a small basketball court that we used several times to let the kiddo run around and burn off energy.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Texas
Reviewed March 12, 2010

We live nearby and due to a most unusual foot of snow in mid-February, we incurred a sixty-six hour power outage from tree limbs falling onto power lines. After the first night at home we felt the need to find a hotel. There are several within a half mile of our home, and after calling three or four, decided this was the one. From the very first call, we were treated as very special customers indeed. We were given a "distress" rate, an upgraded room, and had absolutely nothing to complain about. After all, when one has no electricity at home, just having the comfort of that, plus a really terrific hot shower, a warm and comfy bed and TV to watch was just like heaven! The breakfasts are adequate with many options for everyone. The staff is attentive and friendly and overall we experienced nothing but terrific service. We would not normally choose a mini-vacation in our own town, but we were forced to do so and if that should be the case again, we would definitely return to this property. Thanks to all the staff for truly wonderful service!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Bangalore
Reviewed January 29, 2010

Residence Inn has been one of my good choices for a long stay during my business trips to US as it provides Kitchen and other in room basic facilities. I had stayed in some of them in other states and thus choose this one while on a business visit as it was at a walking distance from my office. Overall this hotel property is okay however didn't give me the similar experience that I had in Florida or Chicago. The breakfast option and other manager's evening snacks was good however lacked personal staff attention that I would have seen in other such hotels. This property didn't even have an airport pick up or drop arrangements. The rooms while decorated in a similar manner like any other Residence Inns however the room sizes were smaller. The best part was that I managed to get a pool facing room otherwise the other rooms really do not have any visuals from the room's window.
The problem with this property was its constant changing of front desk staff and their lack of basic things. I stayed there for over 7-10 days however every alternate day, something or the other would happen with their key lock system and I had to go down for a new key late in the night. The area earlier never used to look safe for a new traveler since its isolated however with a new resturant near by now you atleast have some crowd. The good part is that at a walking distance you have lot of good resturants and eating places however lacks connectivity.
Other facility that I liked was their stacking up of the vending machine at the front desk with all the food which you could grab even late in the night incase you feel hungry and do not want to drive down. The resturant's staff was really impressive, she used to ensure to take personal care of the guests during break fast hours and that's something a lot of travellers liked. It had all the basic business facilities, like printing, a confernece room which we used for our multiple meetings, internet connectivity, a computer for guests to share and use.

However if I compare my next trip and my stay at the Hilton's near by, that's a hotel which I would probably recommend more unless you need a cooking facility in the room. Overall a decent stay but probably I would like to try some other one next time.

• Liked — I think what people would really like about the location is the 6 Flags near by
  • Disliked — Front Desk Service
  • Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank AshPri
Marietta, GA
Reviewed January 9, 2010

Residence Inns are my favorite place to stay, and this one is no exception.....always comfortable and feel more like home than other hotels. I arrived early around 2 PM before the official check-in time of 3 PM, but the hotel staff member on duty, Brad, was most helpful in checking me into a quiet upper floor room, even though the hotel had been sold out the night before with the fans attending the Cotton Bowl and many of the rooms were still being cleaned.

I love having a full kitchen and take advantage of that for most of my evening meals.

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the past several years, and this property was remodeled a few years ago, but they failed to upgrade the TV's to new LCD flat screens....still have the old CRT tube-types. Okay, but not up to par with some of the newer Residence Inns.

Always a great breakfast in the morning with varied items, but this hotel did not offer hot oatmeal like every other Residence Inn where I've stayed.

This hotel is in a great location (convenient to DFW airport) and is getting a lot more traffic with the opening of the new Dallas Cowboys stadium a couple of miles away.

Will definitely stay here again, but hope they will upgrade their TV's soon.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
South Dakota
Reviewed September 5, 2009

Quick check-in with manager asking about our reason for stay. She seemed genuinely interested in our family. Big, clean rooms. RI's don't seem to have luggage stands.Nice breakfast in good sized "living room" area. Beautiful outdoor pool area. They even had a few pool toys out there for the kids. Tight parking around perimeter of spread -out complex made for a good hike to car especially with luggage. And Texas weather is HOT. Close to attractions and restaurants. Nice homey feel!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Texas
Reviewed July 17, 2009

My husband, 4 grandsons & I stayed here while enjoying Arlington’s’ attractions. There is a free trolley service to both Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor. The front desk staff was very courteous, helpful and friendly. The rooms were great – traveling with 4 boys it is so nice to have the 2 bathrooms! There is plenty of room for everyone to spread out – much better than being stuck in a small hotel room with 4 kids. The morning breakfast was wonderful – the food was good and a wide variety offered that everyone had something they enjoyed. The grounds were very well kept and the evening social around the pool was nice. We will definitely make this our place when in Arlington with the grandkids!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family