“A hotel for a long stay but lacks staff service”

Residence Inn Arlington
Ranked #27 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Bangalore
“A hotel for a long stay but lacks staff service”
Reviewed January 29, 2010

Residence Inn has been one of my good choices for a long stay during my business trips to US as it provides Kitchen and other in room basic facilities. I had stayed in some of them in other states and thus choose this one while on a business visit as it was at a walking distance from my office. Overall this hotel property is okay however didn't give me the similar experience that I had in Florida or Chicago. The breakfast option and other manager's evening snacks was good however lacked personal staff attention that I would have seen in other such hotels. This property didn't even have an airport pick up or drop arrangements. The rooms while decorated in a similar manner like any other Residence Inns however the room sizes were smaller. The best part was that I managed to get a pool facing room otherwise the other rooms really do not have any visuals from the room's window.
The problem with this property was its constant changing of front desk staff and their lack of basic things. I stayed there for over 7-10 days however every alternate day, something or the other would happen with their key lock system and I had to go down for a new key late in the night. The area earlier never used to look safe for a new traveler since its isolated however with a new resturant near by now you atleast have some crowd. The good part is that at a walking distance you have lot of good resturants and eating places however lacks connectivity.
Other facility that I liked was their stacking up of the vending machine at the front desk with all the food which you could grab even late in the night incase you feel hungry and do not want to drive down. The resturant's staff was really impressive, she used to ensure to take personal care of the guests during break fast hours and that's something a lot of travellers liked. It had all the basic business facilities, like printing, a confernece room which we used for our multiple meetings, internet connectivity, a computer for guests to share and use.

However if I compare my next trip and my stay at the Hilton's near by, that's a hotel which I would probably recommend more unless you need a cooking facility in the room. Overall a decent stay but probably I would like to try some other one next time.

• Liked — I think what people would really like about the location is the 6 Flags near by
  • Disliked — Front Desk Service
  • Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank AshPri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Marietta, GA
Reviewed January 9, 2010

Residence Inns are my favorite place to stay, and this one is no exception.....always comfortable and feel more like home than other hotels. I arrived early around 2 PM before the official check-in time of 3 PM, but the hotel staff member on duty, Brad, was most helpful in checking me into a quiet upper floor room, even though the hotel had been sold out the night before with the fans attending the Cotton Bowl and many of the rooms were still being cleaned.

I love having a full kitchen and take advantage of that for most of my evening meals.

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the past several years, and this property was remodeled a few years ago, but they failed to upgrade the TV's to new LCD flat screens....still have the old CRT tube-types. Okay, but not up to par with some of the newer Residence Inns.

Always a great breakfast in the morning with varied items, but this hotel did not offer hot oatmeal like every other Residence Inn where I've stayed.

This hotel is in a great location (convenient to DFW airport) and is getting a lot more traffic with the opening of the new Dallas Cowboys stadium a couple of miles away.

Will definitely stay here again, but hope they will upgrade their TV's soon.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
South Dakota
Reviewed September 5, 2009

Quick check-in with manager asking about our reason for stay. She seemed genuinely interested in our family. Big, clean rooms. RI's don't seem to have luggage stands.Nice breakfast in good sized "living room" area. Beautiful outdoor pool area. They even had a few pool toys out there for the kids. Tight parking around perimeter of spread -out complex made for a good hike to car especially with luggage. And Texas weather is HOT. Close to attractions and restaurants. Nice homey feel!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Texas
Reviewed July 17, 2009

My husband, 4 grandsons & I stayed here while enjoying Arlington’s’ attractions. There is a free trolley service to both Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor. The front desk staff was very courteous, helpful and friendly. The rooms were great – traveling with 4 boys it is so nice to have the 2 bathrooms! There is plenty of room for everyone to spread out – much better than being stuck in a small hotel room with 4 kids. The morning breakfast was wonderful – the food was good and a wide variety offered that everyone had something they enjoyed. The grounds were very well kept and the evening social around the pool was nice. We will definitely make this our place when in Arlington with the grandkids!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Texas
Reviewed March 24, 2009

My daughter had surgery just before our trip and the staff was wonderful whenever we needed anything, including extra ice and the location of the nearest pharmacy. Pleasant environment, beginning to show its age but very well maintained. I would stay there again without hesitation especially since we travel with two teenagers and need the extra space (two bedrooms and baths.) The complimentary evening buffet and breakast make it a real bargain.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
estados unidos
Reviewed November 25, 2008

I stayed at the Residence Inn while visiting the area. I stayed in a two bedroom for 3 days! It was so great... there are 2 big beds and separate bathrooms with a kitchen and fire place! It was like a minerature two bedroom apartment. Breakfast in the morning was great.. good variety and that night they had some finger foods and drinks for free. And they allow pets! I should have brought my puppy. next time I will.

service was good.. they knew of great places in the area and gave me directions on the spot. they had a pool and hot tub and little courtyard w/a fire pit.. all very cute... you wouldn't expect it from the outside but go inside and in the courtyard it's actually a suprise.

I'm not sure when i'll be in the area again but i'm sold on the residence inn.

• Liked — the size of the rooms
  • Disliked — the tv's were kinda of old
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Katy
Reviewed July 12, 2008

We stayed at the Arlington Residence Inn for two nights in June in a one bedroom.

The positives:
The bed was very comfortable.
The parking was great.
The area is very convenient.
The workout room was clean and machines all worked well.

The negatives:
Odd odor.
The A/C was loud in the bedroom.
The TV in the bedroom had very poor reception and no remote.
The breakfast was not as described on the website. Our first morning, there was no hot breakfast, which we really needed, so we ended up going to IHOP. I have stayed in many Residence Inns and have never encountered that.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family