“Great location for Six Flags visit”

Residence Inn Arlington
Ranked #27 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Houston, Texas
“Great location for Six Flags visit”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We went to Arlington for Spring Break with our 3rd and 5th graders. We are partial to Marriott properties and chose the Residence Inn Arlington.

We had a great stay, our room was clean and comfortable. We love the complimentary breakfast - making the morning before our big Six Flags day very easy. The breakfast choices were plenty and tasty! :)

Our kids enjoyed the heated pool and loved the sport court. My only constructive criticisms would be: larger towels for the pool and buy a few new balls for the sport court. Kids didn't mind, they had fun anyway!

Glad we choose to stay there - and will stay there again next time we want to go to Six Flags!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Michael M, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I’m happy to hear that the Residence Inn was able to accommodate your 3rd and 5th graders for Spring Break. I’m glad that everyone had a chance to use our pool and the sports court during your stay.

Thanks again for all your comments and we are really like for you to try us in the future and would really looking forward to being able to accommodate your next trip to Arlington.

Michael Manners

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Stayed Feb 7-9 2014 Staff, accomodations were all excellent. Highly reccomend
The rooms, pool, location were all perfect. Breakfast in the morning had good variety, was hot and fresh. Would definately stay there again

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Michael M, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and our staff was excellent. I’m glad that we had great weather for you to enjoy our pool area.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights last weekend. Very clean hotel and a very attentive staff. The rooms were nice and the location for us was perfect.
The breakfast was great but got very crowded which gave us no place to sit. When we sat in the lobby the lady at the front desk had someone come and open the banquet room to make more seating.
The one issue we did have was the noise level in the rooms around us. The people were not being noisy but if they took a shower or flushed the toilet it sounded almost as loud as if it was in our own room. Unfortunately we had people around us showering at 2:30 am both nights. Earplugs would have made this a great place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Allen M
Michael M, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. It was nice to hear that the staff was very attentive. Residence Inn Arlington is located in a great area with all the attractions. I’m sorry to hear about the noise you experience during your stay. I will look into getting earplugs to help with noise.

Thanks again for all your comments and we are looking forward to being able to accommodate your next trip to Arlington.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We found the hotel to be pretty nice, but some what noisy from upstairs and from the sport court. As many other's have suggested the breakfast is excellent. I stayed at a Residence Inn in Portland, and the breakfast was awful. This place had a nice offering in the morning and the coffee was pretty good (self proclaimed coffee snob).

I did find the housekeeping a little like we needed to work our schedule around them. We wanted some additional time one morning while getting ready and place a do not disturb sign. The housekeeper came by and I was give us an hour or so. We needed about 1 hour and there was a note on the door saying that they were not going to make up the room and this was at 10:00 am. One morning, we went to breakfast and by the time we returned, the room had been made up. We showered for the day, but had an event later that night and I had to call and ask for fresh towels. The staff didn't bother to leave any additional towels when they made the room up at 9:00 in the morning. A little agressive by the hotel housekeeping staff, in my opinion.

Upon returning to the area, I ask myself would I stay at this place; I honselty don't konw. I would probably look around and see what suited me.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and coffee. We will work on improving our customer service and discuss with housekeeping regarding services. I’m sorry to hear about the noise you experience during your stay. I will look into maybe getting some earplugs to reduce the noise.

Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My family and I really enjoyed our stay here. The staff which includes Kris, Sasha, Bethany and Palmer were very helpful, kind and welcoming! The room was very clean and comfortable. The room decor was nice and modern which was really refreshing. The housekeeping ladies were really nice and attentive as well. The hotel atmosphere was laid back, comfortable and welcoming. The breakfast was also an added plus. My son really enjoyed making waffles every morning! I enjoyed the fresh fruit, yogurt sausages and potatoes. The staff assisted me with all of my needs while always having a smile on their faces. You can tell the staff really enjoy their jobs. There is room for improvement with the sofa beds. They are a bit uncomfortable, but all in all I will continue to stay here! Great people and great place to stay! Thank you guys for everything!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Michael M, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you so much for all the kind words. I’m so happy to hear that the staff was great and you really enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Arlington, TX. I will pass this information on to Kris, Sasha, Bethaney and Palmer and make sure that we recognize them all during our daily huddle meeting. I will also let the housekeeping team know too.

I’m glad you and your family found the hotel very comfortable and relaxing and you enjoyed the hot breakfast buffet. Residence Inn by Marriott always try to make sure that guest feels at home.

General Manger
Excelsior Springs, Missouri
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Received by staff expert Ms. Kris who is friendly, courteous and professional in every way. Very accommodating for my specific requirements. The room was very clean, well stocked and professionally prepared. Looking forward to staying there whenever my journeys take me to DFW. I recommend this to all who travels to this area.

Room Tip: Choose a corner suite on the top floor. Spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Michael M, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you so much for all the kind words. I’m so happy to hear that the staff was great and you really enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Arlington, TX. I will pass this information on to Kris and make sure that we recognize her at our daily meeting.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to fill out a comments and letting me know how well the team did. We will be looking forward to your return in the future at the Marriott Residence Inn Arlington, TX.

Harrisonville, Missouri
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. They even printed out directions to help us get to a few of our destinations. Fabulous breakfast (for FREE!) and an evening social hour make it great on a budget!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Michael M, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Our guest definitively enjoy our hot buffet breakfast and social hour. The best part is that is delicious and free. Our staff has been with us for years and they maintain the hotel always smelling fresh and clean so our guest will feel comfortable staying here. I am very glad our front desk staff helped you with directions to your destinations. Hopefully we see you again and thank you for choosing The Residence Inn Arlington as your home away from home.