“Nice Place, but some improvements needed”

Residence Inn Arlington
Ranked #26 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We found the hotel to be pretty nice, but some what noisy from upstairs and from the sport court. As many other's have suggested the breakfast is excellent. I stayed at a Residence Inn in Portland, and the breakfast was awful. This place had a nice offering in the morning and the coffee was pretty good (self proclaimed coffee snob).

I did find the housekeeping a little like we needed to work our schedule around them. We wanted some additional time one morning while getting ready and place a do not disturb sign. The housekeeper came by and I was give us an hour or so. We needed about 1 hour and there was a note on the door saying that they were not going to make up the room and this was at 10:00 am. One morning, we went to breakfast and by the time we returned, the room had been made up. We showered for the day, but had an event later that night and I had to call and ask for fresh towels. The staff didn't bother to leave any additional towels when they made the room up at 9:00 in the morning. A little agressive by the hotel housekeeping staff, in my opinion.

Upon returning to the area, I ask myself would I stay at this place; I honselty don't konw. I would probably look around and see what suited me.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Michael M, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and coffee. We will work on improving our customer service and discuss with housekeeping regarding services. I’m sorry to hear about the noise you experience during your stay. I will look into maybe getting some earplugs to reduce the noise.

Thanks again for all your comments and we are really like for you to try us in the future and would really looking forward to being able to accommodate your next trip to Arlington.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

My family and I really enjoyed our stay here. The staff which includes Kris, Sasha, Bethany and Palmer were very helpful, kind and welcoming! The room was very clean and comfortable. The room decor was nice and modern which was really refreshing. The housekeeping ladies were really nice and attentive as well. The hotel atmosphere was laid back, comfortable and welcoming. The breakfast was also an added plus. My son really enjoyed making waffles every morning! I enjoyed the fresh fruit, yogurt sausages and potatoes. The staff assisted me with all of my needs while always having a smile on their faces. You can tell the staff really enjoy their jobs. There is room for improvement with the sofa beds. They are a bit uncomfortable, but all in all I will continue to stay here! Great people and great place to stay! Thank you guys for everything!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Michael M, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you so much for all the kind words. I’m so happy to hear that the staff was great and you really enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Arlington, TX. I will pass this information on to Kris, Sasha, Bethaney and Palmer and make sure that we recognize them all during our daily huddle meeting. I will also let the housekeeping team know too.

I’m glad you and your family found the hotel very comfortable and relaxing and you enjoyed the hot breakfast buffet. Residence Inn by Marriott always try to make sure that guest feels at home.

Thanks again for all your comments and we are looking forward to being able to accommodate your next trip to Arlington.

General Manger

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Received by staff expert Ms. Kris who is friendly, courteous and professional in every way. Very accommodating for my specific requirements. The room was very clean, well stocked and professionally prepared. Looking forward to staying there whenever my journeys take me to DFW. I recommend this to all who travels to this area.

Room Tip: Choose a corner suite on the top floor. Spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Michael M, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you so much for all the kind words. I’m so happy to hear that the staff was great and you really enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Arlington, TX. I will pass this information on to Kris and make sure that we recognize her at our daily meeting.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to fill out a comments and letting me know how well the team did. We will be looking forward to your return in the future at the Marriott Residence Inn Arlington, TX.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. They even printed out directions to help us get to a few of our destinations. Fabulous breakfast (for FREE!) and an evening social hour make it great on a budget!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Michael M, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Our guest definitively enjoy our hot buffet breakfast and social hour. The best part is that is delicious and free. Our staff has been with us for years and they maintain the hotel always smelling fresh and clean so our guest will feel comfortable staying here. I am very glad our front desk staff helped you with directions to your destinations. Hopefully we see you again and thank you for choosing The Residence Inn Arlington as your home away from home.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

On entry I was met with a smiling face of Ms.Kris who attended to me and all the while engaging me in conversation; making me feel at home since it was my first time in Dallas. After assigning my room she called to make sure I like what she gave me. Overall, the unit was immaculate and the service of all the staff memebers was wonderful. Staff memeber were ready to help going the extra mile to make sure your stay was fulfilling. I will always recommed this Marriot to anyone I know going to Dallas area. Thank you all for job well done.

Room Tip: I like room(s) on the third floor to see other happenings down below through the window lol.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Michael M, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. It was nice to hear that we meet your expectation. I am thankfull Ms. Kris made you feel at home and followed up with your needs. We appreciate you recommending our hotel to other guest. We hope to see you again soon. Once again thank you for choosing Residence Inn Arlington.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed almost 1 month in this hotel on business and I would stay here again.Everything was very fulfilling of my needs for this business trip. The room was very clean when I came in. the room was very nicely made up each day. I would definitely stay here everytime when i come back to this area.

Overall i was happy to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Michael M, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. It was nice to hear that Marriott Residence Inn Arlington meet your expectation. It was nice to hear your room was clean and very nicely made. I will make sure to share this information with my team.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Excellent unit, straight forward and likable unit. What more can i say, nice location for my business purpose. Excellent unit, straight forward and likable unit. What more can i say, nice location for my business purpose. Excellent unit, straight forward and likable unit. What more can i say, nice location for my business purpose.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. It was nice to hear that Marriott Residence Inn Arlington meet your expectation. We are looking forward to being able to accommodate your next trip to Arlington.