“Not Perfect, But Very Good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Arlington

Residence Inn Arlington
Ranked #19 of 61 Hotels in Arlington
Killeen, Texas
“Not Perfect, But Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have stayed at this Residence Inn twice in the last two months, and if I have to go back to the area I would stay there again. The staff is amazing !!! They go above and beyond to make your stay with them trouble-free.

During my first stay I had a room on the second floor, on the first night there I heard every move that the guest in the room above me made, in addition, I heard their shower and also their toilet flushing. I called the front desk and made them aware of the situation and they assured me that they would move me to a new room as soon as one came available. I returned to the hotel around noon and they had a room waiting for me to move my things into. I did not have any noise problems in my new room!! I think this was an isolated incident because no one else in my training class had any of those noise problems. Sorry I don't remeber the room number.

I can not say enough about the staff at this hotel !!! At every encouter with any of the staff members they always addressed me by name, they always had a smile on their faces, and they are willing to do whatever needs to be done to make your stay a good one.

The breakfast was what is to be expected for free at a hotel. It wasn't bad at all but its a free meal at a hotel, (I think you get my point). The evening meal was actually pretty good !!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Michael M, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the feedback. I hate that you had experience a problem with noise. I was happy to hear that the hotel staff acted quickly and was able to move you into a more desirable room. I’m also glad that you enjoyed the evening meals. Thanks you again for your comments and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Spring, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have taken a group of students there for the past 3 years and have always had a very pleasant experience. We came back this past weekend and through my own fault I forgot the school check but I had it fed ex'ed from Houston. Although I had a tracking number, a fax of the check stub and the school administration called, they forced me to use my debit card to "hold" the rooms. I authorized them to charge 640 dollars. Since then I have had a total of 4000 dollars charged on my card even though they have the check and have cashed it. Originally the manager was apologetic but the charges continue and he no longer answers nor returns my calls. I will never stay here again and am taking legal action against them.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank SusanP216
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the feedback. I hate that you had experience a problem with payment. As you know, any hotel chain does require a payment at the time of check-in. We would like to continue working with you and your group in the future. I was glad to hear that you have been staying here for the last 3 years. I hate that your last stay was not as enjoyable as in the pass. Thanks you again for your comments and I look forward to working with you in the future.
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

New style for Residence Inn properties....no separate "cottages".....more like an apartment building. Helpful staff...nice managers reception and breakfast. There are several nice restaurants within a walking distance. Will stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the north side to avoid highway noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Michael M, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Residence Inn likes to bring the feeling of “Home away from Home”. I’m glad you had a chance to experience our breakfast and managers reception. I was so pleased to hear that the staff was helpful and nice. I agree we have several restaurants which are within walking distances. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My son and I stayed here while attending the Sweet 16 games at Cowboy's Stadium. So, we did not spend much time at the hotel/room or at the pool but what we saw was very nice. The room was clean and quiet. We slept in and did not eat breakfast in the morning. But could smell the delicious cinnamon rolls when we checked out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank redt2play
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. It sound like you and your son had a great time. Residence Inn does offer a great breakfast. I was glad to hear that the room was clean and up to your satisfaction. Sorry you didn’t get chance to use our pool area. Thanks you again for your comments and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I cannot think of one negative thing to say about this hotel. Competent, friendly staff, nice pool and work out room. This is probably one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in. Located in a nice area with great restaurants and shopping within walking distance or a very short drive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank darkeyes
Michael M, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for feedback. I am so glad to hear that our staff was friendly and you were able to enjoy the pool and a nice work out. We do have lots of restaurants to eat at. The housekeeping team works very hard to make sure that we meet expectation on clean rooms. I was glad to hear we did. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Michael Manners,
Charlotte, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Residence Inn's are always nice. This spot has friendly staff and a great dinner menu. The night time social hour was great with free beer and wine. The only knock is they need to clean the Keg lines more often.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that our hotel staff was friendly. I am also pleased to hear that our meals met your expectations and you ejoyed the beer and wine. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Michael Manners,
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

this place gives you the basics: clean, large rooms with kitchenette. The pool also looked nice but it was too early in the season to enjoy it. The rooms are not well insulated, if your neighbor showers at 5am you know it. The breakfasts were poor, scrambled eggs, turkey bacon (!), sometimes something that looked like an eggMcMuffin, allways lukewarm at best. The coffee is good, so is the OJ.

I worked the evening shift on this business trip so I would leave around 3pm, my room was not cleaned on the last two days of my stay. I will not return there on my next assignment to American Airlines, there are other choices.

Staff was friendly and always a nice smile.

this place is at the crossroads of two highways, little to see or do nearby; drive to Dallas or FW.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Pierre B
Michael M, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that we did not met your expectations. I've looked into the breakfast and room issue and have address the issue.

I'm glad to hear that the staff was friendly and always had a smile.