“No Flavor”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I came to Corpus to visit my brother and he decided to take my husband and I to Big Fisherman. We ordered the big platter which had scallops, oysters, shrimp, fish, corn, bake potato and hush puppies. I tasted the fish and thought maybe I was ill because I couldn't taste anything. I asked for hot sauce and got tabasco, and still could get no flavor. I cut my bake potato and tried to push it up so I could butter it, but it broke because it was still hard. I tried putting tartar sauce on my fish and could taste nothing but grease. The scallops, oysters and shrimp had no flavor. Everything was bland. The food was so bad that when my brother decided to pay for everything my husband told him not to waste his money and that he would pay for his own. My husband then told the waitress that he wasn't trying to be disrespectful but that the food was awful, and that the only reason we were taking all the left overs was because we paid for it and that we were going to feed them to the stray cat. We got back to my brothers house and put the food out for the stray cat, and I lie to you not, it is still out there. The rain finally left us with no choice but to get rid of it. I would have thought the cat or a possum would have eaten it, but I guess they like food with flavor as well. I will never try this restaurant again. The only thing rated high in my opinion was the prices.

A. Braxton from Columbus, Georgia

Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Ate there with my family tonight. Bring ur appetite bc they give U a ton of food. No complaints about food ... It was all very good. We had Fishermans Platter (could be shared by two people easily), grilled chicken, stuffed flounder and fried oysters. Atmosphere was poor... It was extremely HOT. Waitress said 2 out of 4 air conditioners were broke. It was dark, which usually makes me think there's things they don't want seen and there were atleast 10 cats on the walk up to the entrance. I'd return ... And prob try the all u can eat on Tuesday ... It was very, very cheap.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I visited this restaurant late afternoon on a Saturday. We were happy to find the small portion section of the menu and ordered from it. It was the perfect size portion for consuming in the restaurant with nothing to take home and go to waste. The food was ok but nothing special. The service was not that good. I had to ask for tea refills and we never saw her after our food was delivered until we were finished eating and asked for our bill.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We feel like idiots for ignoring the poor reviews. We sat for 15 mins before anyone took our drink order, and another 15 before we got our drinks. We ordered their $3.00 Margarita special which had little to no alcohol in them. Watched another table of 4 get frustrated with the same problem and got up and left. The food is nasty and the service is horrible. I don't know how they stay in business. After eating there, we feel like we need to go home and take a shower. Any good reviews must have been their lucky day..

Reviewed July 12, 2012

As always great food for the price and the waitress's are the best quick and pleasant service. We always stop and eat there.