“Local eatery”

Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Aransas Pass
Aransas Pass, Texas
“Local eatery”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

You know the food is great if it's where the locals eat. I eat there at least once a week and sometimes more if company comes in from out of town.

Visited April 2013
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Corpus Christi, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“false advertisment”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

was craving seafood decided to try bakery café had not been there in years, we were seated I open the menu and there it was fresh gulf seafood, yes flounder, drum, snapper,,,,,,,,,, I asked the young lady which types of fish they were serving, I choked on m y water when she said tilapia and catfish what I said while spitting out water thru my nose. I asked about the claim in large bold letters proudly displayed on the menu she then informed me that's what they served and if I had a problem to see the owners. well I paid for my drinks and wobble outa there as fast as I could. so I would recommend that you skip this joint if you are looking for fresh gulf seafood

• Visited March 2013
“Great home cooked food”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

This was my 5th trip there and I have nothing negative to say. The food was delicious, the service the best, and they give huge portions. My favorite was the chicken fried steak. The best I have found yet.

Dahlonega, Georgia
“Hometown Breakfast Place”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Have gone there for breakfast twice. First visit I had pancakes. Ordered 3 and glad that I did as they were very small. Not much taste to them but were edible once you lathered on the butter and syrup. The bacon was good. Second time I had the breakfast special which was ham, 2 eggs and hashbrowns. I chose biscuits instead of toast. You get 2 biscuits which is good but I think they are frozen biscuits. They were not served warm but they were adequate. Eggs were cooked as I ordered, hashbrowns good but didn't care much for the ham, just a personal preference there. Both times the servers were very attentive and personable. Received very good service on both visits in spite of it being a full house both times.

Visited January 2013
Austin, Texas
“Home cookin'”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is what home cooking' was meant to be. We stopped here on a whim. We knew we didn't want fast food and we love trying local joints. We were so glad we stopped!
My husband ordered one of the Sunday specials - turkey and dressing. He licked his plate clean! I really liked my chicken fried steak and my son loved his cheeseburger and fried okra. All the items were clearly freshly made in house, including the dinner rolls.
We highly recommend stoppin' in!

• Visited October 2012