“not what i remembered”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My first visit was back in april, the food was quite delightful especially the fried seafood selection, and they also cook your own fish if you bring it in, the attire was causal and the people were very nice, the place felt very alive and helpful, as for my last visit.... well the food lost its taste, very bland, and i guess people there lost the're sense of humor, it felt very depressing for some reason, and the smell was horrible i had to hold my breath while i was eating, i don't understand why they won't address this problem, anyway, this place was once good, its to bad they went downhill.

3  Thank jackie b

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We have eaten here yearly for 3 years. We had planned to eat here more than once, but we didn't we were disappointed with the quality of our initia visit this year. The crab cakes were full of filler, not crab. They were unappetizing lay served. I won't say what they resembled.
I wonder if it has changed management and cooks.

2  Thank BlairsSanAntonioTX
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This place is so good you'll keep returning. Crowded, but worth the wait. Full bar and wine list, reasonable prices. The menu is excellent, full of a great selection of fresh local fish. Try an add on topping. Leave room for dessert, it's all good.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I am a regular in this area and have eaten here many times. The restaurant is fairly old fashion and weathered but the view out the back window is great. Service is generally good. You can take your own catch and they will cook it for a reduced price. They are not the best seafood restaurant in the area and I would never order steak, but it is good. The crab cakes have a little too much filler but are good. The fried oysters are overdone. The fish dishes are fairly average. This place is decent and fun. I wish they would upgrade a bit and focus on a higher quality as some good chefs have their own places nearby.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

It's very yummy I am told. We go to Crab-N every year when we visit the coast, just for everyone to have a bowl. I don't eat seafood no I can't say first hand, but everyone raves about the flavor. And they do do a good business! Weekends can be packed so plan to get there early. It's not a huge dinning room and it's not a fancy restaurant.

1  Thank botanicalsa