“Roaches, roaches, roaches” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Aransas Pass
Lubbock, Texas
“Roaches, roaches, roaches”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2011

I have stayed in the area a couple of times. Actually I would have preferred to stay at the Hawthorn across the street but we were there for a funeral and didn't plan for the expenses so the room rate was excellent. The outside and lobby appeared okay, but when you walk upstairs the floor creeps eveytime you walk. It felt like the floors were about to cave in. The bath tub drain was broken and the tub also felt like it was about to cave in as soon as I stepped in it. In our room I found 3 roaches crawling around. I was so disgusted-I called the front desk and the guy that checked me in said "our motel doesn't have any bugs and the I'll have to talk to the housekeepers in the morning about your room-is that okay?" I told him "well it does have a bug problem because I just saw 3 roaches crawling around, 2 of which I killed. Do you want to see them? And I do not want them crawling into my things and possibly infesting my house so no it's not okay." He finally agreed to switch us to another room. When I went downstairs the clerk shoved the new key my way-he completely changed his attitude from when we checked in as if it was my fault that the place had bugs. The new room's bathtub was the same way. We didn't find any bugs-believe me I inspected that room before we put our things in it. Beware people-don't stay here! There's a reason it's $50 a night.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Kris79424

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
San Marcos
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

The Super 8 is conveniently located right near the HEB in Aransas Pass, and the road to the ferry landing to Mustang Island. At $60 + tax, the price was right. I stayed on a Sunday night, and there were several other business travelers in the lot, mostly guys with an electrical contractor. They were obviously fun-loving folks, but courteous and didn't cause me any trouble. The room was a little small, but had all the basic amenities, including a small fridge, microwave and coffee pot, which not all rooms have. The door to the bathroom, when open, blocks the exit from the room, which is not ideal. The continental breakfast was decent and included fresh fruit.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2009

Our room was very clean (non smoking on first floor) and non smoking room didn't smell like smoke which was a nice change from other places I have stayed. The front desk girl,Laura,was very friendly and helpful. We had plenty of towels. I would recommend this motel to others.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

DON'T STAY HERE, pay the extra money to stay somewhere else, let me tell you why...
at check in, the girl tried to charge me twice and wanted to figure it out later. That was not going to happen. I had proof that I had already paid, finally she saw the correct screen. NOn smoking rooms are upstairs, everyone knows smoke rises, Duh. the rooms are so dirty. A smooshed spider on our window, food under the chairs, the towls were stained and dirty. My child climbed into the bed and started to be itchy... broke out in a rash. The bed sheets were dirty, we ended up sleeping on top of the bed spread not really sleeping wating for morning to come. The worst Night ever! This was the Hotel from Hell. You would be better off sleeping in the car. They said NO pets, but yet one family had a pet running around and in front of the desk. the rooms smell like B.O, the halls smell strongly of cigiretts/cigars.
Please BEWARE of this bad, bad hotel... normally super 8 is good, but NOT this one. RUN, RUN RUN AWAY..

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank uniqueNspoiled

Travelers are raving about these Aransas Pass hotels

Belton, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2009

This place is horrible! You cannot even ask for extra towels without the staff making rude and crass comments. Also, we booked in advance and our stay cost $100.00. When we got there, we found out that walk-ins were only being charged like $65.00 - of course, a refund of the difference was completely out of the question! We make several trips per year to this area, and we will never stay here again. If you want to enjoy your trip to the coast, then do not stay here!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bobby32-32
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2008

Please think twick before staying at this motel!!! My stay was the worst ever after paying close to $100.00 dollars a night. First, let me start off with a dirty bathroom that I called and informed the front desk of and she told me that she would be up there when she could because she was front desk receptionist, housekeeping and mainteance person.....then on to waiting 10-15 minutes for the a/c to turn on to cool down the room....on to the best ~~~~~PLEASE READ CAFEFULLY~~~~~~NO FITTED SHEETS FOR THE BED!!!!!! Imagine that this day in age...no fitted sheets no where in the whole entire building!!!! So once again....Think Twice before giving this company your hard earned money!!!!!!

• Liked — N/A
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank shaaydee99
Crosby TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2007

This hotel is nice - very clean, friendly staff - just what we expected, and at a very reasonable price. I would recommend it to my family and friends. The only problem we experienced was noise from the hallway keeping us awake at night.

• Liked — Cleanliness and comfort
  • Disliked — Room was on the hallway, and the hall was noisy
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
#12 of 19 in Port Aransas
Island Hotel Port Aransas
Island Hotel Port Aransas
#3 of 19 in Port Aransas

Been to Super 8 Aransas Pass? Share your experiences!