“Nice place to Stay”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Aransas Pass
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Aransas Pass

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Thomasville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Was passing through and decided to stop in as it was late. Usually my experience with Hawthorne in general has been good, though not this time. The front desk clerk was very.... hard to describe, but no welcome, no smile, no mention of any amenites, etc... just your room is down the halll.

The room was very much in need of updating, EXTREMELY MUSTY AND DAMP. I realize the humidity is high due to being at the waterfront, but everything in the room was damp, including the bed. The sofa sleeper was in bad shape as well.

We made the most of it for a short night. The breakfast was OK however. I do not reccomend this location to anyone though, as I am sure that any run of the mill motel will be better...unless they do some major improvements. maybe some fresh paint, carpet, drapes, and a dehumdifier would help. Just not a comfortable stay at all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The rooms are dirty!!!! the hot tub and pool is filthy!!! the staff that works morning shift are terrible if you ask them for anything she will just look at you with a blank stare and gives you an attatude she should not be working there (marie) i think her name was. and dont get me started on house keeping they steal anything you have and when you tell front desk they don't care and say its not their problem really???? i even said i dont want housekeeping in my room and they still went in there!!!! this is not a good place to stay and i will never go there again will pay more to stay some ware else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tim j

Travelers are raving about these Aransas Pass hotels

Cedar Park
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Well, the location is ideal if you want to be close but not in Port Aransas Island. The hotel looked nice and clean but immediately staff was unproffesional, we were barely greeted and were asked our name like an after thought, then it took 7 minutes for them to turn back to me and let me know that since my room was not yet assigned that they were trying to find space???? My room was pre-paid and I called to advice I would be arriving late??? Why did they not have my room assigned already? Then went up to our room, which was as far away from elevator as you can get overlooking the pool, ok I don't see a problem w/ that; however, they probably dont use it very much cuz the room was so musty and stinky. All looked clean but linens smelled musty. I called and requested 3 clean pillow cases and 2 sets of sheets, front desk young woman just stayed quiet and said she didnt know... didnt know what??? So I asked to speak to manager and adviced the items in my room smelled, so I received some sort of response and a few moments later there was a knock at the door w/ requested items. The replacement items were not stinky but they were far from fresh smelling... linens typically smell clean and fresh no matter where you go. Towels were hard and small, so drying after a shower was like using sand covered hand towels. I think LAUNDRY SERVICES SHOULD BE ADRESSED AT THIS PLACE!! LINENS SHOULD BE FRESH AND PLEASANT TO SLEEP ON AND TOWELS SHOULD BE FRESH SMELLING AT THE VERY LEAST!

The breakfast service is awesome, nice spread of a variety of foods and not of poor quality. It makes a huge difference to have this, however, the grumpy woman who was apparently handling the service was unfriendly and unprofessional. When there was no more coffee up front, I asked if there was any brewing in the back and should I wait? Her response was to ignore me and walk away. When I asked the front desk for a packet of coffee for my room she asked why? seriously? BECAUSE I WANT A CUP OF COFFEE AND I CANT GET ONE AT THE BREAKFAST SERVICE!! Red headed long haired woman behind front desk gives my husband a pack and he explains well we don't know if there will be more coffee coming the lady didnt answer us when we asked if we should wait, now it is 15 minutes before breakfast service is over, she cuts us off to answer the phone and its not even a hotel call. No apology, no attention just proceeds to do other stuff - which would be ok if there were other guests. RUDE!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

BEST WESTERN Port Aransas
BEST WESTERN Port Aransas
#1 of 20 in Port Aransas
Hampton Inn & Suites Port Aransas

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Aransas Pass? Share your experiences!