“I will never stay here again!”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Aransas Pass
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Aransas Pass
Reviewed August 9, 2011

As we were packing we found 2 small dead rats behind the t.v. stand!!! I should have taken a picture!!! No wonder the room smelled so bad! Yuck!

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank Galaxy22
satish101, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Aransas Pass, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2011

I would like to start off by apologizing for nay of the inconveniences that you have encountered during your last stay with us. I would also like to thank you for notifying us that helps us be become aware to things that ned to be corrected.
I like to tell you I call " TERMINIX" pest control company and they did take care.
Again I am so sorry and hope you will given us the opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

I'm sorry, but this place was very dirty and there was MOLD in our AC.
The pool had a dead frog floating in it and needed some serious cleaning.
The wallpaper in the kitchen area was falling off the wall near the waffle iron, I think it was due to steam.

My husband booked this place for us to stay in for our trip to the Coast. We should have looked at the reviews for this place before booking. If you're able to afford, stay on the "PortA"(Port Aransas) side. We will definitely stay on that side next time.

Room Tip: Stay on the Port Aransas side..
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank EnesAmerica

Dear Guest
I am so sorry for the problems you had during you stay. I would also like to thanks you for notifying us. I call the carpet cleaning company and taking care this problem.
Again I am sorry and hope you will given us the opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed June 18, 2011

Despite previous bad reviews, there were no bugs! Average size room with kitchenette - good price (20% discount during June). Needs some updating, couch arm was ripped and chairs were stained. Bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows and a nice comforter. However the tub/shower was very small. Basic hot breakfast with limited variety - generic cereal, only scrambled eggs and sausage on the steam table, bread for toast and plain bagels. Nice pool and large hot tub - both clean. HEB practically next door. Convenient to Port Aransas and Corpus Christi.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SAHohmann
Reviewed June 7, 2011

This place was good place, I noticed there’s allot of bad reviews on this hotel, but there has been some improvements but still it's an older hotel. If you are looking for a good place that's not going to break the bank this place is your place. The pool was good and clean, the location was great, and the room was clean. The staff was not the friendliest I have seen; but you can tell that they guy in the front desk works 16 hours shift and they need him because of the dedication… It’s a hotel just to stay last minute... that's all I have to say...

Room Tip: ask for the pelcan nest suit..
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2010

This hotel has not been updated since the 70's - stay away.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Directorofsales68, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Aransas Pass, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2010

I'm very sorry for your experience with our hotel this hotel was constructed in 2000 and I do hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed September 4, 2010

If you like to kill roaches as soon as you walk in the room, if you like a floor that is so dirty that you are afraid to put your bare feet or bags down and if you like lumpy beds and morning back pain, this is the place for you. Personally, I'm against paying $100 a night for a camping like experience in my hotel suite but this might be fine for some folks. Please help the owner suck every last investment dollar out of the low cost furnishings, bare minimum maintenance and no customer service. I recommend this hotel for people and families who already live in squaller and are looking for a step up during their vacation experience. For everyone else, I don't recommend it until this hotel invests some money in bringing this place up to Wyndam standards.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank sloshy

I'm very sorry you had such a bad experience this is not our standard . I do hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed August 10, 2010

I was very worried about this hotel after reading the reviews, but was pleasantly pleased with the accomodations. The lobby and hallways aren't as clean as one would expect from a Wyndham hotel, but the room was very nice. The bed was beyond comfortable & the suite was very spacious. The room was pretty worn, but very nice compared to some other places I have stayed at the coast. Breakfast was nice & hot & included biscuits, gravy, eggs, sausage, juices, cereal, waffles and coffee both mornings. I would definitely stay there again. We did have a room on the pool side of the building, but we heard no noise from the pool or even the rooms around us. Very happy with my good deal find!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Fairfield Inn & Suites Corpus Christi Aransas Pass
Super 8 Aransas Pass
Super 8 Aransas Pass
#5 of 8 in Aransas Pass

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Aransas Pass? Share your experiences!