“Really good food, too many mosquitos”

Mickey's Bar and Grill
Ranked #3 of 33 Restaurants in Aransas Pass
Cuisines: American
Texas
“Really good food, too many mosquitos”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

My family visited Mickey's last week after a long day on the water. The burgers and crab puppies were outstanding. I loved the buns, they tasted like sweet rolls. The onion rings were not that interesting.

My only complaint was the number of mosquitos. I killed more than 10 during our meal. The waitress was very kind and offered Off spray, but since I had already showered I wasn't interested in being coated in chemicals. If mosquitos are a known problem, I think it would be outstanding to see proactive measures taken by Mickey's.

Loved the food! Too bad I couldn't really enjoy it.

cookndad
“Even better than last time”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Mickey's had increased the number of waitstaff at our last visit and they were still hard working and very attentive and pleasant. Their burgers are the BEST around. I keep telling myself to try the flounder sandwich, but it's tough not to keep going back to that cheeseburger. What a fun, reliable bar and grill.

• Visited August 2011
“Yummy buns”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Skip the margarita. Beer and burgers hit the spot. Huge flounder sandwich (Grandma loved). Everyone loved the buns!!! Crowded.

cookndad
“Best burger around!”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

This is a casual bar and grill sitting on top of Hamptons Marina in Aransas Pass. There is always a nice breeze and a friendly atmosphere. The hamburgers are worth the trip...huge, juicy, and wonderfully flavorful. Don't miss out on the onion rings either. Friends rave about the flounder sandwich, and I intend to try it out soon. Sometimes they need more wait staff, but those who are there work their tails off and are very attentive. If you are in Port A. and want a great burger, it's worth the short drive. I have yet to have a burger on the island that comes close to this place.

2 Thank cookndad